Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
The 50-gallon Kenmore natural gas water heater 33136 features power venting, so it doesn't require a chimney. It features foam insulation for energy efficiency and a glass-lined steel tank with an anode to protect against corrosion.This 50-gal. Kenmore water heater has an energy-saving ignition system, so there’s no pilot light. It also has a self-diagnostic control system.
A 50-gallon natural gas water heater is the minimum recommended size for a 3- or 4-person household with typical water use.
See what local rebates are available for this water heater.
California residents: If you live in an air quality management district that requires a low-emission water heater, click to see all water heaters that meet local requirements. Districts include Bay Area, Sacramento Metro, San Joaquin Valley, Santa Barbara, South Coast (most of LA county), Ventura County and Yolo-Solano. Click for a searchable ZIP code list. For help, call 800-549-7853.
Professional Installation is available in most areas! Please call 1-800-549-7853.
- Power venting vents up to 120 feet through the wall or roof so no chimney is required
- Perfect for conversion from electric to gas water heating
- Energy-saving hot surface ignition system so there is no standing pilot
- Requires a 120V grounded power supply
- Glass-lined steel tank with an anode rod maximizes tank life by protecting against corrosion
- 2 in. of R16 energy-efficient foam insulation prevents heat loss
- Temperature and pressure (T&P) safety relief valve is factory installed
- 55 gallons-per-hour recovery rate
- The tank and parts have a 6-year limited warranty; labor has a 1-year warranty