Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum - Red PepperItem# 02031069000 | Model# 31069
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cord Length (Feet):||30|
|Bag Type:||Kenmore O - 53293 (2 Pack), 53294 (6 Pack)|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||19|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Bag or Bagless:||Bag|
|Cleaning Width (in.):||15|
|Cord Storage:||Manual Wrap|
|Number of Amps:||12|
|Number of Filters:||2|
|Number of Height Adjustments:||4|
|Number of Motor Speeds:||1|
|Pile Height Adjustment:||Manual|
|Recommended Floor Type:||Carpet & Bare Floor|
|Other Features:||Power Flow - dual wall design with additional vents around the dust bag to maintain air flow circulation as dirt accumulates|
|Attachment Reach (ft.):||14|
|Attachment Type(s):||Crevice tool, combo brush, telescoping wand. Extra long 14 ft. hose and Pet Handi Mate (air driven turbine for pet hair)|
|Number of Onboard Attachments:||4|
|Total Attachments Included:||4|
|Bag Item Number:||02053294000|
|Belt Item Number:||02005275000|
|Filter Item Number:||02086889000|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum - Hardwood & Carpet
The Kenmore Progressive upright vacuum offers a smooth transition from carpet to bare floor and vice versa with an agitator shut-off switch. This vacuum also has Kenmore's Power-Flow feature, which keeps air flowing through a dual chamber even when the bag is full. Ideal for homeowners with allergies, the Kenmore Progressive upright vacuum uses HEPA Media filtration to trap dust, dander and pollen, leaving you with cleaner floors and cleaner air. The super handy performance indicator notifies you if you need to change or check the bag.
- Designed to make cleaning-up after pets a cinch, the Pet Handi-Mate™ attachment lifts hair, dander and more from furniture, rugs and carpeting in seconds.
- A super long 14-foot hose lets you reach further, helping cut down on outlet swapping, and giving you the reach you need to get the house cleaned fast.
- A 30-foot power cord goes a long way, enabling you to cover the length and breadth of most rooms, without having to move the plug into different outlets.
- The Reach-Out telescoping wand helps you get to places you normally couldn’t reach, cleaning window treatments, ceiling fans and other above-floor surfaces without a step ladder.
- The True HEPA certified filter can be trusted to remove almost all significant allergens from air flowing through the vacuum, so you can breathe easy.
- The LED electronic indicator lets you know when the dust bag is full or the hose is clogged, so you can fix it quickly and get back to cleaning.
- A foot-operated on/off switch gives you the power you need to move the vacuum from a carpeted surface to a bare floor, so you get the performance you need, on the fly.
Added on September 16, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Do not buy this vacuum cleaner. The brush motor broke after two years and it costs almost as much as the vacuum to replace. When it did work it was very heavy and cumbersome to use. I was very disappointed as I grew up with Kenmore brands but this product does not live up to the reputation.
This vacuum was rated #1 in a consumer magazine and that is the main reason I purchased it. It would pick-up dirt with no problem unlike my other vacuum, I had to make two or three passes. It is quieter than my old vacuum. One of the attachments has a roller and I use it to clean stairs. The cord is a little longer than my old vacuum, but I wish it was just a little longer. I liked it so much I told my neighbor and I ordered one for him.
Purchased this because previous Kenmore upright stopped working. It looks kind of cheap and plain but the suction power is awesome. This one offers you the option to change from carpet to bare floor. The carpet setting is too strong for throw rugs and the bare floor is not enough. A vacuum is a must for our house and it is doing a great job for the price, being we were unable to shell out the bucks for a more expensive model.
I have purchased two Kenmore Progressive uprights in the past and used them for years. I have loved them. They have been excellent in performance, ease and pricing! My last one looks almost identical to this one. It lasted for years until recently the switch on-off push button stopped working and the foot switch to fold or stand wore out..it still works great otherwise, (turning on and off has to be done by plugging and unplugging), but these two issues prompted me to buy a new machine. I researched and compared the different Kenmore models on line and decided on this one as it seemed so much like my last and the best pricing with the same offerings as the others - the only real difference was color (the other two are silver / chrome look) This design, which is the same right now for all of Kenmore's upright line, is horrible. The filter in the back of the canister blows dirt/hair off of the floor over 5 feet into the air - don't dust first! The hose falls off of the holder, there is no attachment brush for furniture or soft vacuuming of chairs, it has been left out of the attachment package and the foot adjustment from floor to carpet is not easy at all! All this in five minutes!! I am so DISAPPOINTED! This vacuum is ten steps behind your old models! I hope Kenmore gets it together and soon!
High ratings for this vacuum... Not sure why. I had a different kenmore before and it was number 1 or close to that on consumer reports. In my opinion, the vacuum is not a quality product. None of the buttons or adjustments are in convenient places and some are hard to move. Doesn't seem to pick up everything. You have to adjust it for carpet height and floor type. Overall, I would not recommend or ever buy this product again.
San Diego, CA
I've had Oreck vacuums for the last 25 years. They did a good job, and were lightweight (a bonus in our 2-story home). However, when the last one gave up the ghost, I searched for something new, and the Consumer Reports rating on this Kenmore model were among the very best. I've had it about 2 months now, and am extremely impressed with its power. We've got 2 cats, and this vacuum is a whiz on pet hair. Coupled with the on-unit hose attachment, this vacuum does it all. My only complaints are the weight (almost 20 lbs), and the fact that the switch releases to unlock the machine from an upright position and to change the height control are a difficult to operate using your foot.
New Orleans, LA
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.