Specifications & Dimensions
|Cord Length (Feet):||30|
|Bag Type:||Kenmore O - 53293 (2 Pack), 53294 (6 Pack)|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||19|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Bag or Bagless:||Bag|
|Cleaning Width (in.):||15|
|Cord Storage:||Manual Wrap|
|Number of Amps:||12|
|Number of Filters:||2|
|Number of Height Adjustments:||4|
|Number of Motor Speeds:||1|
|Pile Height Adjustment:||Manual|
|Recommended Floor Type:||Carpet & Bare Floor|
|Other Features:||Power Flow - dual wall design with additional vents around the dust bag to maintain air flow circulation as dirt accumulates|
|Attachment Reach (ft.):||14|
|Attachment Type(s):||Crevice tool, combo brush, telescoping wand. Extra long 14 ft. hose and Pet Handi Mate (air driven turbine for pet hair)|
|Number of Onboard Attachments:||4|
|Total Attachments Included:||4|
|Bag Item Number:||02053294000|
|Belt Item Number:||02005275000|
|Filter Item Number:||02086889000|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum - Hardwood & Carpet
The Kenmore Progressive upright vacuum offers a smooth transition from carpet to bare floor and vice versa with an agitator shut-off switch. This vacuum also has Kenmore's Power-Flow feature, which keeps air flowing through a dual chamber even when the bag is full. Ideal for homeowners with allergies, the Kenmore Progressive upright vacuum uses HEPA Media filtration to trap dust, dander and pollen, leaving you with cleaner floors and cleaner air. The super handy performance indicator notifies you if you need to change or check the bag.
- Designed to make cleaning-up after pets a cinch, the Pet Handi-Mate™ attachment lifts hair, dander and more from furniture, rugs and carpeting in seconds.
- A super long 14-foot hose lets you reach further, helping cut down on outlet swapping, and giving you the reach you need to get the house cleaned fast.
- A 30-foot power cord goes a long way, enabling you to cover the length and breadth of most rooms, without having to move the plug into different outlets.
- The Reach-Out telescoping wand helps you get to places you normally couldn’t reach, cleaning window treatments, ceiling fans and other above-floor surfaces without a step ladder.
- The True HEPA certified filter can be trusted to remove almost all significant allergens from air flowing through the vacuum, so you can breathe easy.
- The LED electronic indicator lets you know when the dust bag is full or the hose is clogged, so you can fix it quickly and get back to cleaning.
- A foot-operated on/off switch gives you the power you need to move the vacuum from a carpeted surface to a bare floor, so you get the performance you need, on the fly.
Added on September 16, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Do not buy this vacuum cleaner. The brush motor broke after two years and it costs almost as much as the vacuum to replace. When it did work it was very heavy and cumbersome to use. I was very disappointed as I grew up with Kenmore brands but this product does not live up to the reputation.
High ratings for this vacuum... Not sure why. I had a different kenmore before and it was number 1 or close to that on consumer reports. In my opinion, the vacuum is not a quality product. None of the buttons or adjustments are in convenient places and some are hard to move. Doesn't seem to pick up everything. You have to adjust it for carpet height and floor type. Overall, I would not recommend or ever buy this product again.
San Diego, CA
I've had Oreck vacuums for the last 25 years. They did a good job, and were lightweight (a bonus in our 2-story home). However, when the last one gave up the ghost, I searched for something new, and the Consumer Reports rating on this Kenmore model were among the very best. I've had it about 2 months now, and am extremely impressed with its power. We've got 2 cats, and this vacuum is a whiz on pet hair. Coupled with the on-unit hose attachment, this vacuum does it all. My only complaints are the weight (almost 20 lbs), and the fact that the switch releases to unlock the machine from an upright position and to change the height control are a difficult to operate using your foot.
New Orleans, LA
We like it. It is easy to use and like that it makes lines as you vacuum. It also works well on a wooden floor. The attachments are easy to use but have not yet used the pet attachment.
Little Falls, NJ
Purchased this due to CR ********. Very disappointed. Did not have enough tool suction to keep the furniture brush rotating. If you apply any pressure at all it will stop. Carpet cleaning was less than expected. After I used it, it went over same area with 8 year old Hoover Wind Tunnel and it picked up more debris. The old Hoover has twice as much tool vacuum as this sweeper and more suction for carpets. Returned it for refund.
I have had 3 kenmore vacuums before this one and this is the least favorite one. The height doesn't adjust enough for higher more plush carpet. It is not easy to switch from floor to carpet with your foot. You have to bend down and switch it back with your hand. Haven't used the wand yet but it doesn't have a switch to tell it you are using wand. Not impressed with this one.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Black Friday Doorbuster! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.