Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner - RedItem# 02021714000 | Model# 21714
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cord Length (Feet):||28|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||23.0|
|Accessories Included:||Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush/Upholstery Tool, Bare Floor Tool, Motorized Pet PowerMate Tool, Pet Hair Catcher Tool|
|Controls on Handle:||Yes|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Bag or Bagless:||Bag|
|Bag Type:||True HEPA Cloth Dust Bag|
|Cleaning Width (in.):||14|
|Number of Amps:||12|
|Number of Filters:||2|
|Number of Height Adjustments:||4|
|Number of Motor Speeds:||Variable|
|Pile Height Adjustment:||Manual|
|Recommended Floor Type:||Carpet & Bare Floor|
|Attachment Type(s):||Crevice, Combo Dust Brush/Upholstery, Bare Floor, Pet PowerMate, Pet Hair Catcher|
|Attachment Reach (ft.):||12|
|Number of Onboard Attachments:||5|
|Total Attachments Included:||5|
|Bag Item Number:||02054321000|
|Belt Item Number:||02053013000|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum - Superior Cleaning
Cleaning floors and furniture is now a simple process with the Kenmore Progressive canister vacuum. A 2-motor system, retractable cord storage, Stair Grip and variable speed settings make carpet and bare floor cleaning a cinch. This vacuum's true HEPA filter keeps pet dander and dust out of the air so you can breathe easy. From the 8-foot hose that swivels 360 degrees and reaches the highest surfaces to the horsehair dusting brush for fine wooden furniture and floors, this vacuum has the tools to get the job done.
- The Infrared Dirt Sensor activates a red LED that tells you where to focus cleaning power, then shines green once it's all clean.
- Designed to make cleaning-up after pets a cinch, the Pet PowerMate™ attachment lifts hair, dander and more from furniture, rugs and carpeting in seconds.
- Superbly maneuverable, the Swivel+ Steering System™ lets you easily glide around corners and into difficult places for an easy, fast and thorough clean.
- The exclusive Stair Grip™ feature keeps the canister body upright and securely in place while the stairs get cleaned, for solid performance and increased safety.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America approval means this vacuum effectively removes allergens from carpets while limiting the release of dust and dander into the air.
- 6-in-1 Handle Technology serves-up a power nozzle and floor brush, a large Pet PowerMate™, a smaller pet upholstery tool, a horsehair dust brush and a crevice tool for tight spots.
Added on April 29, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Vacuuming always seemed like such a chore until I purchased this zippy little red one. It's very lightweight, has lots of useful, easy-to-use attachments, great adjustable sucking power. Works terrifically on bare floors and rugs (I no longer have carpet). You can even use it for dusting surfaces as you go. Simply amazing! I have owned it for 5 months and am delighted - which is going some for me considering my past feelings towards vacuuming - which was dread. I'm looking forward to a long and happy relationship with my perky red vacuum cleaner!
I've had all styles of Kenmore canisters over the last 25 years. I have found that the models that are $350 or above are the ones with the features that make life easier and anything less isn't really worth the money.
I love the power of this machine and the ease of using it. The best part is that I could vacuum under the bed or other furniture. Great vacuum cleaner and great price. I would definitely recommend this product.
Winter Park, FL
Las Vegas, NV
This vacuum is not even two years old and already needed major repair.The part that connects the hose to the canister broke. Unfortunately it is made of plastic and therefore cannot withstand the pull of the hose. Parts of the ring broke off and the new piece cost approximately $68. To replace the part oneself is impossible. I had to take it to a repair shop and pay an additional $30 to have it fixed. Now that is already almost a third of the price I paid for the thing. The mechanics there told me that they see plenty of these vacs with the same problem and replacing the part which should be a piece of cake is actually a pain in the bud. Skillfully designed to make it difficult. I thought by paying more money, I would get a better product. Far from it, what a let down. Don't believe the ratings in Consumer Report or GH - that is what I went by - somebody is paying somebody off. Save your money and don't buy Kenmore.
Saint Clair Shores, MI
The vacuum is used in a restaurant, under tables up steps to clean drapery so far so good. I was looking at another brand that was much more expensive and I found this to work just as well
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The wand for this model is poorly made. There are dozens of reports here, ******, etc. where the wiring breaks inside the telescoping wand. Sears should recall and fix, or replace these for free. Kenmore brand is not what it used to bel
I have always shopped for Kenmore, but less than a year ago, I decided to go with the Dyson as there was so much talk about it. In less than eight months, the hose ripped while vacuuming stairs, the heads bristles came off twice and stair tool sucked up bristles as well. That said, I couldn't take it and went back to Kenmore Progressive, which I had a previous model that I had for many years and was happy with it. Let me say, it was immediate relief to have a REAL vacuum that sucks up and the quality compared to the Dyson was just unbelievably better. I love the newer feature with the dirt sensor and was a bit skeptical, but let me say, to my surprise, it truly detects the dirt. I can no vacuum and be assured that it was done correct and the amount of times of vacuuming a week has cut way back to once every two days from twice a day. You will not be disappointed!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.