Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning.
This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
* Disclaimer: Kenmore Elite received the highest numerical score for top-load clothes washers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Laundry Appliance Study℠. Study based on 6,649 total responses measuring 10 top-load washer brands and measures opinions of consumers about their new appliance purchased in the past 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-March 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
College Station, TX
I bought a new house July 2013 and thought I would treat myself to a nice new washer. This washer has been a nightmare ever since. I've thought about writing a review several times but thought I'd give the thing a good long try beforehand. All the other bad reviews are absolutely accurate. It will not go through the spin cycle for any load with a sheet, towel, sweatshirt, or throw blanket. So if you like to wash your towels or your sheets DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!!! I have tried everything. I've had sears maintenance try to balance the machine. I've tried washing only one towel at a time in a load of clothes. I've tried washing one towel only. I've tried washing a load of only towels. No luck. Same issue with sheets or even sweatshirts. Horrible washer!!! The machine will not run through the spin cycle because it will unbalance. It will refill with water over and over but never spin the load. This brings me to my second less serious complaint. The washer is supposed to be eco friendly and not use as much water. So you don't have the option to select the load size. If you want to wash a smaller load in a full tub of water you are out of luck. Which I don't usually mind, but sometimes with new clothes that bleed color I would like to use more water. Maybe this feature is supposed to make up for all the water the machine wastes using three times as much water as it should because it's trying to fix the balancing issue, noted above, by filling itself back up with water over and over. Sears should be embarrassed to have their name on this appliance.
Can't believe al the bad reviews, I actually never knew it even had balancing issues or indicator because I never had one problem at all. Had the machine since Sept of 2014 with a family of 4 (and 2 athletic boys) and zero issues w/ the machine. It is huge and we load it up all the time actually. It's also very quiet which was a nice surprise. It was expensive, but living up to everything we expected and ease of use. We did have it installed, so I wonder if these are do-it-yourself people that are having issues. But the installation took very little time too. Hope this helps with your purchase decision!
We spent 1800.00 on the washer and dryer a few months ago. We immediately started receiving the IE message over and over leaving us with soaking wet laundry as there is no separate spin cycle only rinse and spin. Sears replaced the intake valve a week ago. IE message again. Soaking laundry, too wet to put in the dryer. We live in snow country so could not hang out to dry in the dead of winter. What a wet mess for days! 5 days later Sears is back, now it needs a computer board. Per the tech and customer service it will be 8 days. Per the tech he said Sears is having nothing but problems with these new machines computers. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!!! I am sending mine back no matter who I have to call at Sears! ! I wish I would have kept my 6 yr old GE manual/dial machine. What an idiot I was thinking this new machine would be an upgrade! Thanks Sears!
After purchasing the Kenmore Elite 5.2 model with the control panel in the front, I was excited to see how it worked.. Well it didn't. I had to throw out a perfectly good rug. I could not get the machine to spin it out, the water just keep running. SO, I went into the sears store and spoke with a sales representative, she recommended the Kenmore elite with the panel in the back and has a great steam option. I was skeptical to try the same brand. She assured be that this won the best washer of the year. Well, maybe it did. But I have had it less then 72 hours and have only been able to wash one load. The second load was two throw blankets 60X70. Not big, not bulky just hang on the couch throws. Well this machine did the same thing. It would not ring them out, the water just kept running, two hours of trying to get the machine to work and spin these out, I had to ring them out by hand. It took a lot of strength and time. I am so disgusted with Kenmore Elite. Best of all. The initial machine was purchased off sears.com. the exchange was handled on the phone as well, where I was told if there is any problems to call and they will replace the item within 30 days. Now I want a replacement, not the same brand, and I am getting the run around. They say a repair guy has to come out first. My thoughts are this. It I have had this machine for less then 72 hours, have only been able to wash one full load, Really, WHY would I want to keep it if it already has to be repaired. The customer solution supervisor CARA, said " well it could take several loads before the machine is calibrated". Funny it doesn't say that on the description under the machine. JUNK all of it!! JUNK and the customer service sucks as well!!!!!
I absolutely love this washer. It is so big. It cleans everything wonderfully. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have not had any issues with anything. It balances the clothes and cleans them. Since, this machine does use less water the washing cycle time is longer. I also have the matching dryer and that is awesome too! Just lovin' it!
Load stops constantly saying that it is uneven. Heavy items do not allow the machine to drain properly. Worst machine we have owned. We are long time sears customers and will rethink shopping here.
I purchased this machine just over 2 years ago for a beach house. Basically it gets 1/4 the amount of use that a normal washing machine would get. While the capacity was good ALL the problems you read about happen to this machine and as best I can tell without exception. First Issue: 1 year RUST Yes the top of the machine rusts all around the inside top of the washer and Will stain you clothes if they touch it or pieces fall off (which they do). From the outside you will see rust forming around where the Bleach gets added. Second Issue: 1 1/2 years Washer will not turn on. Plug un plug jiggle wires nothing then a day/hour... works then works for a few days or weeks hard to tell because not at the house that much. Third Issue: 2 years Now system will not turn on at all. Replace main board and keypad ~$280 now turns on but water will not fill replace all the other sensors and valves ~$180 still nothing. Service man cant figure it out tells me I should just purchase a new machine as "every one of these he works on is junk". So now I am in close to $500 in repairs for a 2 year old machine with maybe 6 months of usage at MOST and still nothing. If you think you will have better luck dont kid yourself. In my opinion Sears should voluntarily stop selling this machine.
Something to take into consideration are Kenmore appliances are almost all made by LG in Korea. When you buy this, you're buying an LG clone.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
what i like most about this machine is that i can fit a comforter, bedspread, mattress pad in it. What i detest is, that I cannot get HOT water! That is number 1. The machine has it's government standards and changes the cold water to barely lukewarm, so that when you want a sanitized or hot water load....it's all the same. too bad for me. Also, many items do get twisted into other garments and I'm not sure why. Perhaps because it does not have an agitator. Wish I never got rid of my Maytag machine, because I got hot when I wanted hot. Especially for dirty rags, etc.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Midnight Madness! Extra 5% off Kenmore Appliances over $499. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 01-Mar-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified Appliances over $299 or Special Financing with Sears Card! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.