Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning.
This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Rohnert Park, CA
Worst washing machine EVER!!! NEVER got the clothes clean, left actual particulant matter ("DIRT") ("****") on the clothing. Clothes usually looked and smelled! WORSE after washing, I started hand-washing most of my clothes. When I asked for help, I was given Laundry Tips including things like put it through a second rinse - oh yeah THAT's why we got a low-water washer. Then when it died after like 2 years, were told it's only warrantied for a YEAR. No freaking wonder. HATE HATE HATE this machine. HATE. I have experienced years of frustration and will NEVER get another Kenmore. You know what? It wasn't even this exact machine, but I've looked all through the instruction book and the lid of the machine and entered all the numbers and they come up with this machine. So that's not so user-friendly either. Plus I had to create an account just to write this review, but it was worth it.
We love our washer so much that my husband even started doing laundry! It's huge! I was able to put in 1king, 2 full size comforters and the "add more garments" light came up. They came out smelling wonderful. I love the all options available and the chime, lol. I can't wait to buy the matching dryer...but my wallet is telling me to wait.
I just received this washer a couple days ago and it is absolutely wonderful. I was really undecided on getting the old school agitator or the new model HE without and am so glad I choose this one. It is huge and really gets the blankets and clothes super clean....Great washer :)
Absolutely the worst washer I've ever owned or used. At least 75% of the loads get an unbalanced load error message - and that is not an exaggeration. The size of the load - small, medium, or large - makes no difference. Takes a long time to complete a wash cycle because of the unbalanced load error message. Wish I had returned it after I bought it. Would never recommend this washer to anyone. Would rate it a zero star if I could.
Just got the washer 5 days ago and I am very pleased with the results. I had the same version but just 7 years older with no steam. Mine was a 4.6 and there is a significant difference in size. I wash a lot of quilts and dog bedding and it is nice to fine something large enough that the items can tumble and get clean. My husband just got home from Afghanistan and I used the steam portion to clean his clothes and remove all the stains and orders from 4 months of deployment. I am pleasantly surprised how clean they came out. Just have to get used to and adjust my day is how much longer each load takes to wash verses the old high efficiency. The steam cycle took over 3 hours but it works.