Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning.
This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
* Disclaimer: Kenmore Elite received the highest numerical score for top-load clothes washers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Laundry Appliance Study℠. Study based on 6,649 total responses measuring 10 top-load washer brands and measures opinions of consumers about their new appliance purchased in the past 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-March 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I absolutely love this washer. It is so big. It cleans everything wonderfully. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have not had any issues with anything. It balances the clothes and cleans them. Since, this machine does use less water the washing cycle time is longer. I also have the matching dryer and that is awesome too! Just lovin' it!
Load stops constantly saying that it is uneven. Heavy items do not allow the machine to drain properly. Worst machine we have owned. We are long time sears customers and will rethink shopping here.
I purchased this machine just over 2 years ago for a beach house. Basically it gets 1/4 the amount of use that a normal washing machine would get. While the capacity was good ALL the problems you read about happen to this machine and as best I can tell without exception. First Issue: 1 year RUST Yes the top of the machine rusts all around the inside top of the washer and Will stain you clothes if they touch it or pieces fall off (which they do). From the outside you will see rust forming around where the Bleach gets added. Second Issue: 1 1/2 years Washer will not turn on. Plug un plug jiggle wires nothing then a day/hour... works then works for a few days or weeks hard to tell because not at the house that much. Third Issue: 2 years Now system will not turn on at all. Replace main board and keypad ~$280 now turns on but water will not fill replace all the other sensors and valves ~$180 still nothing. Service man cant figure it out tells me I should just purchase a new machine as "every one of these he works on is junk". So now I am in close to $500 in repairs for a 2 year old machine with maybe 6 months of usage at MOST and still nothing. If you think you will have better luck dont kid yourself. In my opinion Sears should voluntarily stop selling this machine.
Something to take into consideration are Kenmore appliances are almost all made by LG in Korea. When you buy this, you're buying an LG clone.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
what i like most about this machine is that i can fit a comforter, bedspread, mattress pad in it. What i detest is, that I cannot get HOT water! That is number 1. The machine has it's government standards and changes the cold water to barely lukewarm, so that when you want a sanitized or hot water load....it's all the same. too bad for me. Also, many items do get twisted into other garments and I'm not sure why. Perhaps because it does not have an agitator. Wish I never got rid of my Maytag machine, because I got hot when I wanted hot. Especially for dirty rags, etc.
I can think of only two times where an unbalanced load occurred, out of several hundred loads. The machine was balanced when I first installed it so there haven't been many problems with unbalanced loads. Overall the machine works great.
If I could give no stars I would. Gets unbalanced very easily. Loads must be small, and can't use high spin speed if you want to finish the load in less than four hours! I'll go back to a front loader next time. Hope this thing dies soon - it's. HUGE pain!
We are very disappointed in this washing machine. We thought we'd give it a chance before writing a bad review. We purchased this washer in Jan. And have discovered more things to dislike about it. I'm the beginning we noticed right away that it didn't seem to be getting the laundry very clean. The cycles take a very long time but it was ok until I realized it wasn't washing the clothes very well at all. About a month later I noticed not only were they still dirty, they also smelled like mildew. Cleaned the washer thoroughly with the clean cycle an hour and a half later and it helped somewhat with the smell but still clothes came out looking almost dirtier than they went in. I've never disliked a washing machine till I purchased this one. We have always had good luck with Kenmore appliances, so this was very disappointing. We paid more for this washer than we've paid in the past for 2 washers only to have frustrations. With a busy household who has time to wash clothes twice and even then we don't feel as though their clean. It hasn't even been able to remove the deodorant off armpits of new shirts. There is just not enough water to even wet the clothes enough even for small loads. I would not recommend this washer and I am mad at myself for not looking at these reviews of others before buying it. Unfortunately I wouldn't even rate it as a 1 star.
This washer just does not clean the clothes. Coming from a front loader this washer has dirty clothes put in it and they come out the same way as there is no agitator and does not clean like a front loader...STAY AWAY
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.