Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning. This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
* Disclaimer: Kenmore Elite received the highest numerical score for top-load clothes washers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Laundry Appliance Study℠. Study based on 6,649 total responses measuring 10 top-load washer brands and measures opinions of consumers about their new appliance purchased in the past 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-March 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought in December, 2013. Technicians said in was "self-balancing" and to insert clothes at 10,3,9, and 12 o'clock positions I still have to re-balance from one to three times each time I wash a load. Sears's only response is "sorry, you are out of warranty. we will be glad to sell you and extended warranty", because their technicians never made a record of this problem. The only thing this machine is good for is becoming a citizen of my local municipal dump!
I was in desperate need of a new washer / dryer set. After months of reading customer reviews and consumer reports online, I kept coming back to this set. The set I was retiring were Kenmore and they lasted me over 15 years. A few things you should know... For your money, you won't find a better value. These machines are made by LG, and other than the control panel, they are identical. From the drum, the the hookups, even the font on the warning labels. The store associate confirmed this for me. The same machine in LG was $500 more than the Kenmore. 5.2 is HUGE!! I've never done loads so large! People mention that the cycles are long, and some of them can be depending on the setting you select, but you can do loads about 3 times as large as a conventional agitator type machine. The clothes get clean and smell fine, so I'm not sure what people are talking about there. Take time to read the instructions. I know that sounds silly but there are things that people maybe take for granted. I have used these machines for a while and have yet to get the "UE" or "uneven load" signal. Take the time to make sure they are properly leveled during installation. I am beyond happy with this set. I'm glad I took my time and did my research. At the time I purchased the set, including the electric dryer, they were on sale for $1599 from $2599. Sears was also offering 5% off or interest free payments for a year if you use your Sears card, so there were even additional savings.
I was a bit nervous when I first purchased my washer. As any other washer there are both good and bad reviews but more bad reviews leaned on this washer. Went with the risk and I was amazed by what this washer can do. Cleans my Whites Perfect, Can put Super Heavy loads in it and never have any balancing issues or errors on this machine. Love all the different modes, Quiet washer, Spins super fast so it takes me literally only 20 min to dry my clothing. I am a person who suffers from seasonal allergies so when I clean all my blankets and Baby clothes on Allergen Mode I can really tell the difference. Overall this is a phenomenal buy. The only thing I recomend is to read the full manual as i was recommend by another review, Why? Because it really does help you get to know your washer, and you will be able to operate it with no problems when setting up modes or customizing them.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
We almost didn't buy this washer because of the negative reviews. I'm really happy we did because so far we are pleased. We have not experienced any of the issues that the negative reviewers have. I would encourage anyone to buy this washer and the matching dryer.
This top loader does not get stains out of everyday work and baby clothes. These stains should come out in a normal wash cycle. You can not use hot water on certain cycles. You can not do a extra rinse if not selected the first time around. You may want a rinse only if you think detergent is still in the clothes. Remember...no agitator. I actually hate this washer and am so sorry I purchased it. It is great on towels, dress clothes without stains, etc. It also takes forever to wash clothes. I had a Maytag with a an agitator and wish I had repaired it. I had a good Maytag dryer and purchased the matching dryer also. Its ok, nothing to brag about. Noticed some rust inside dryer on vent. My husband has never complained about any item I purchased however he hates this washer and dryer. Hopefully Sears will come out with something better in the future.
Can't believe al the bad reviews, I actually never knew it even had balancing issues or indicator because I never had one problem at all. Had the machine since Sept of 2014 with a family of 4 (and 2 athletic boys) and zero issues w/ the machine. It is huge and we load it up all the time actually. It's also very quiet which was a nice surprise. It was expensive, but living up to everything we expected and ease of use. We did have it installed, so I wonder if these are do-it-yourself people that are having issues. But the installation took very little time too. Hope this helps with your purchase decision!
We spent 1800.00 on the washer and dryer a few months ago. We immediately started receiving the IE message over and over leaving us with soaking wet laundry as there is no separate spin cycle only rinse and spin. Sears replaced the intake valve a week ago. IE message again. Soaking laundry, too wet to put in the dryer. We live in snow country so could not hang out to dry in the dead of winter. What a wet mess for days! 5 days later Sears is back, now it needs a computer board. Per the tech and customer service it will be 8 days. Per the tech he said Sears is having nothing but problems with these new machines computers. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!!! I am sending mine back no matter who I have to call at Sears! ! I wish I would have kept my 6 yr old GE manual/dial machine. What an idiot I was thinking this new machine would be an upgrade! Thanks Sears!
I absolutely love this washer. It is so big. It cleans everything wonderfully. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have not had any issues with anything. It balances the clothes and cleans them. Since, this machine does use less water the washing cycle time is longer. I also have the matching dryer and that is awesome too! Just lovin' it!
Load stops constantly saying that it is uneven. Heavy items do not allow the machine to drain properly. Worst machine we have owned. We are long time sears customers and will rethink shopping here.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 06-Jun-2015 See details.
- Online Only. Extra savings on Kenmore Appliances over $499. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.