Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning.
This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
* Disclaimer: Kenmore Elite received the highest numerical score for top-load clothes washers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Laundry Appliance Study℠. Study based on 6,649 total responses measuring 10 top-load washer brands and measures opinions of consumers about their new appliance purchased in the past 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-March 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I can think of only two times where an unbalanced load occurred, out of several hundred loads. The machine was balanced when I first installed it so there haven't been many problems with unbalanced loads. Overall the machine works great.
If I could give no stars I would. Gets unbalanced very easily. Loads must be small, and can't use high spin speed if you want to finish the load in less than four hours! I'll go back to a front loader next time. Hope this thing dies soon - it's. HUGE pain!
We are very disappointed in this washing machine. We thought we'd give it a chance before writing a bad review. We purchased this washer in Jan. And have discovered more things to dislike about it. I'm the beginning we noticed right away that it didn't seem to be getting the laundry very clean. The cycles take a very long time but it was ok until I realized it wasn't washing the clothes very well at all. About a month later I noticed not only were they still dirty, they also smelled like mildew. Cleaned the washer thoroughly with the clean cycle an hour and a half later and it helped somewhat with the smell but still clothes came out looking almost dirtier than they went in. I've never disliked a washing machine till I purchased this one. We have always had good luck with Kenmore appliances, so this was very disappointing. We paid more for this washer than we've paid in the past for 2 washers only to have frustrations. With a busy household who has time to wash clothes twice and even then we don't feel as though their clean. It hasn't even been able to remove the deodorant off armpits of new shirts. There is just not enough water to even wet the clothes enough even for small loads. I would not recommend this washer and I am mad at myself for not looking at these reviews of others before buying it. Unfortunately I wouldn't even rate it as a 1 star.
This washer just does not clean the clothes. Coming from a front loader this washer has dirty clothes put in it and they come out the same way as there is no agitator and does not clean like a front loader...STAY AWAY
I purchased this washer about two months ago and I love it. I love all the cycles it has and the whitest whites really does a great job on getting your whites super clean and white. Love the deep tub I can wash my bedspread with no problem and no uneven loads love that. Also like the steam feature too I have used it several times on whites and other loads and it works great. I highly recommend this great washer.
We love our washer so much that my husband even started doing laundry! It's huge! I was able to put in 1king, 2 full size comforters and the "add more garments" light came up. They came out smelling wonderful. I love the all options available and the chime, lol. I can't wait to buy the matching dryer...but my wallet is telling me to wait.
I just received this washer a couple days ago and it is absolutely wonderful. I was really undecided on getting the old school agitator or the new model HE without and am so glad I choose this one. It is huge and really gets the blankets and clothes super clean....Great washer :)
Absolutely the worst washer I've ever owned or used. At least 75% of the loads get an unbalanced load error message - and that is not an exaggeration. The size of the load - small, medium, or large - makes no difference. Takes a long time to complete a wash cycle because of the unbalanced load error message. Wish I had returned it after I bought it. Would never recommend this washer to anyone. Would rate it a zero star if I could.
Just got the washer 5 days ago and I am very pleased with the results. I had the same version but just 7 years older with no steam. Mine was a 4.6 and there is a significant difference in size. I wash a lot of quilts and dog bedding and it is nice to fine something large enough that the items can tumble and get clean. My husband just got home from Afghanistan and I used the steam portion to clean his clothes and remove all the stains and orders from 4 months of deployment. I am pleasantly surprised how clean they came out. Just have to get used to and adjust my day is how much longer each load takes to wash verses the old high efficiency. The steam cycle took over 3 hours but it works.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.