Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02631622000 | Model# 31622
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
This Kenmore Elite 31622 5.2 cu. ft. top-load washer features Accela-Wash™ and steam technology, which creates a wonderful selection of cycles to provide the ultimate in customized care and cleaning.
This innovative white Kenmore Elite 3162 washer also answers on call! Push a button, and the Kenmore Connect™ System sends data from the appliance directly to the Kenmore tech team via the phone. This may be all the team need to handle questions on the spot, without a no service call.
- Steam Treat™ uses the power of steam to virtually eliminate the need to pre-treat stains
- Accela-wash and steam technology for powerful, versatile cleaning performance
- Built-in heater automatically warms wash water to the right temperature to assist in cleaning performance
- Cleans bulky items like pillows and comforters with ease
- Can clean 28 extra-large towels in a single load
- Innovative wash plate lifts and circulates clothes through a concentrated mixture of detergent and water
- The ENERGY STAR®-qualified, CEE Tier III rated washer uses 60% water and 50% energy compared to a standard top-load washer manufactured before 2004, using the Normal cycle
- SmartMotion™ technology uses up to six unique wash motions to custom clean and care for clothes
- Soft-close lid gently and quietly closes without slamming
- 14 cycles and 5 temperatures let you customize the settings for each load
- Kenmore Connect™ sends information over the phone for quick troubleshooting
- Powerful, direct drive motor for long-lasting dependability
* Disclaimer: Kenmore Elite received the highest numerical score for top-load clothes washers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Laundry Appliance Study℠. Study based on 6,649 total responses measuring 10 top-load washer brands and measures opinions of consumers about their new appliance purchased in the past 24 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-March 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Added on December 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We almost didn't buy this washer because of the negative reviews. I'm really happy we did because so far we are pleased. We have not experienced any of the issues that the negative reviewers have. I would encourage anyone to buy this washer and the matching dryer.
If there were a 0 star option, it would have it. I've fought this washer for 3 years and can honestly say it is the worst purchase I've ever made. It has probably completed a spin cycle 10 times in the 3 years. The Sears repair man recommended we tear out our carpet and another disagreed.
This top loader does not get stains out of everyday work and baby clothes. These stains should come out in a normal wash cycle. You can not use hot water on certain cycles. You can not do a extra rinse if not selected the first time around. You may want a rinse only if you think detergent is still in the clothes. Remember...no agitator. I actually hate this washer and am so sorry I purchased it. It is great on towels, dress clothes without stains, etc. It also takes forever to wash clothes. I had a Maytag with a an agitator and wish I had repaired it. I had a good Maytag dryer and purchased the matching dryer also. Its ok, nothing to brag about. Noticed some rust inside dryer on vent. My husband has never complained about any item I purchased however he hates this washer and dryer. Hopefully Sears will come out with something better in the future.
Can't believe al the bad reviews, I actually never knew it even had balancing issues or indicator because I never had one problem at all. Had the machine since Sept of 2014 with a family of 4 (and 2 athletic boys) and zero issues w/ the machine. It is huge and we load it up all the time actually. It's also very quiet which was a nice surprise. It was expensive, but living up to everything we expected and ease of use. We did have it installed, so I wonder if these are do-it-yourself people that are having issues. But the installation took very little time too. Hope this helps with your purchase decision!
We spent 1800.00 on the washer and dryer a few months ago. We immediately started receiving the IE message over and over leaving us with soaking wet laundry as there is no separate spin cycle only rinse and spin. Sears replaced the intake valve a week ago. IE message again. Soaking laundry, too wet to put in the dryer. We live in snow country so could not hang out to dry in the dead of winter. What a wet mess for days! 5 days later Sears is back, now it needs a computer board. Per the tech and customer service it will be 8 days. Per the tech he said Sears is having nothing but problems with these new machines computers. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!!! I am sending mine back no matter who I have to call at Sears! ! I wish I would have kept my 6 yr old GE manual/dial machine. What an idiot I was thinking this new machine would be an upgrade! Thanks Sears!
After purchasing the Kenmore Elite 5.2 model with the control panel in the front, I was excited to see how it worked.. Well it didn't. I had to throw out a perfectly good rug. I could not get the machine to spin it out, the water just keep running. SO, I went into the sears store and spoke with a sales representative, she recommended the Kenmore elite with the panel in the back and has a great steam option. I was skeptical to try the same brand. She assured be that this won the best washer of the year. Well, maybe it did. But I have had it less then 72 hours and have only been able to wash one load. The second load was two throw blankets 60X70. Not big, not bulky just hang on the couch throws. Well this machine did the same thing. It would not ring them out, the water just kept running, two hours of trying to get the machine to work and spin these out, I had to ring them out by hand. It took a lot of strength and time. I am so disgusted with Kenmore Elite. Best of all. The initial machine was purchased off sears.com. the exchange was handled on the phone as well, where I was told if there is any problems to call and they will replace the item within 30 days. Now I want a replacement, not the same brand, and I am getting the run around. They say a repair guy has to come out first. My thoughts are this. It I have had this machine for less then 72 hours, have only been able to wash one full load, Really, WHY would I want to keep it if it already has to be repaired. The customer solution supervisor CARA, said " well it could take several loads before the machine is calibrated". Funny it doesn't say that on the description under the machine. JUNK all of it!! JUNK and the customer service sucks as well!!!!!
I absolutely love this washer. It is so big. It cleans everything wonderfully. I have had it about 3 weeks now and have not had any issues with anything. It balances the clothes and cleans them. Since, this machine does use less water the washing cycle time is longer. I also have the matching dryer and that is awesome too! Just lovin' it!
Load stops constantly saying that it is uneven. Heavy items do not allow the machine to drain properly. Worst machine we have owned. We are long time sears customers and will rethink shopping here.
Something to take into consideration are Kenmore appliances are almost all made by LG in Korea. When you buy this, you're buying an LG clone.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.