Kenmore Elite 30'' Slide-In Gas Range Stainless SteelItem# 02231063000 | Model# 31063
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Controls and Features:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||48.313|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24-1/8 in. W x 16-1/2 in. H x 18-1/32 in. D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||4.2|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||11500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Burner Configuration:||18,000 BTU dual-ring power burner; 21,000 BTU bridge burner; 5,000 BTU simmer burner; 9500 center burner|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
The oven features an extra large 4.2 cu. ft. capacity oven with 3rd element convection for outstanding cooking results. 18,000 BTU dual-ring burner has the flexibility to quickly bring water to a boil or heat delicate sauces. The 21,000 bridge burner can be used as a 7,000 BTU burner or turn all 3 sections on and all 21,000 BTUs with a griddle. The food temperature probe displays the perfect internal temperature for delicious roast and poultry. The Warm & Ready Drawer™ provides a perfect place to keep food at the perfect temperature before serving your meals. *Installation instructions included with product take precedence.
- Serve an entire hot meal all at once - the Warm & Ready™ drawer helps keep food warm regardless of your schedule
- Bring your water to a boil faster - The 18,000 Dual Ring burner quickly brings water to a boil
- The 21,000 BTU bridge burner is perfect for using a griddle
- Cook multiple dishes at once - Large 4.2 cu. ft. capacity self-cleaning oven
- Fit all the items you need to cook right into the oven - The porcelain half rack allows for half of the rack to be removed so tall items fit in one part of the oven, while smaller items fit along the side
- Cook all the different items for your dinner - 5,000 to 650 BTU Simmer burner allows you to easily cook the most delicate items without scorching. A very flexible burner - The Dual Ring goes from 900 to 18,000 BTUs to provide cooking flexibilty from boiling water to simmering the most delicate sauces
- Take the guesswork out of cooking - Food temperature probe lets you know when the meal is cooked to perfection
- Get outstanding cooking results - Imagine roasts with all of the juices sealed in, Imagine baking three trays of cookies simultaneously with no variation in results, Imagine being in your kitchen 30% less than you are today. With your new convection oven your imagination will become reality
- See all your items easily in your oven - The two halogen lights provide the perfect light to see all the items easily in your oven without opening the door
Added on May 06, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
So far so good! attractive! Fits well in our kitchen remodel. Upgrading from formica to quartz! No complaints so far!
Purchased August 13. Four months later middle glass in door exploded. Had a very hard time communicating with Sears for repair. Finally demanded a replacement. Less than a week after installation oven won't light. Defective part. Two weeks for repair. Range is very hard to keep clean, front panel where knobs are located is black and impossible to keep clean. Every time you wipe it all kinds of beeps go off and is very annoying. Middle grate does not hold up a small pot very well, space too wide. The range looks beautiful installed though, but I will never buy another range from Sears.
Rio Linda, CA
We recently moved and bought a suite of Kenmore Elite appliances so they would match. I wish we had never bought this range!! I had a Jenn Air smooth top at our last house and it was a dream compared to this. It takes forever to get water to boil, the burners are very unreliable, the sales person talked us into the black top instead of the stainless steel which was a BIG mistake! It shows every little speck of dust, etc. The oven takes longer to cook baked goods unless I use the convection, which I don't always want to use. The front controls stick out too far and every little light touch turns on something so you can't lean over it without turning on something. Basically I have HUGE buyer's regret. The inside is too small for a large turkey and anything else. Don't waste your money, shop around.
Le Roy, IL
Installed 2 weeks ago, already having to replace entire middle burner since it doesn't have an even flame all the way around. Also having to replace parts for the dual ring burner since it makes a "roaring" noise when on a full boil. If considering this stove, pay attention to back of the space it's sliding into. We've had to reconfigure the gas line coming out from the wall due to the design of the back of the oven. It will be worth your time to view the back of the oven to see how it's made before purchasing.
We compared ranges priced $1K more, but KE 31063 is as good or better! Install today -- tested every function for faults other reviews raised. Disproven! 1) Controls too easy to turn-on? Use Oven Door/Control lockout - hold padlock icon 3 sec. 2) Fans work great and are QUIET. 3) "Puff" of gas? Must be your gas or LP setting -- get the plumber to adjust it. 4) Bridge burner "useless?" NO, AMAZING! Separately (7k/14K btu) boiled water as fast/faster than the 9.5K btu center burner -- just stir if you feel there is a "cool spot." Together (21K btu) - WOW! Bacon (medium) 3 mins; pancakes (med-low) 5 mins. Just pre-heat it. Advantages not well-advertised: a) fret-free perfect roasts in an hour with probe/convec roast; b) power burner can be either simmer or full-power; c) timer can be either just a timer or do timed cook. Bottom line? READ THE Directions / Operations Manual. (Novel idea, I know.) P.S. It's HEAVY but wheels at back make it slide in fine, even w/o level legs in
This range is made for Sears by Electralux. Some of the same problems that people complained about on that brand show up on the Sears model. The large rapid boil burner is very hard to control and when you ignite the burned you usually get a large poof of flame. The bridge burner is also hard to control especially the rear portion when not using as the full bridge. The front control panel is black glass and is very hard to keep clean. When you are wiping the control panel all the function buttons go off like crazy and turn on even when you wipe across them with any type cloth. It's is very annoying since you are constantly trying to keep it clean. The oven does cook well. The range is very stylish and does look really good in the kitchen but it does seem that most ranges no matter what they cost are not really made for people that actually cook in the kitchen. The only bad thing is you cannot test drive a range, so it may look good on the outside but not actually be functional.
West Chicago, IL
purchased this range about a month ago. Noticed today that the black trim piece between the glass control panel & the range itself is blistered a little and black coloring comes off when cleaning that area. afraid it is going to start rusting. the dual ring burner also has an issue with the valve that i am working on resolving. it goes from high to low in about 1/4" rather than the entire range that is around 1.5" i would recommend this to someone but warn them to be very careful of the front burners and make sure all the burners work correctly. for $2000 this should perform flawlessly
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 29-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.