Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||None, fixed elements/burners|
|Cooktop Control Location:||Right|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Gas or Electric:||Gas|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Burner Configuration:||Low output|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 30" Gas Cooktop - Precision Gas Cooking
The Kenmore Elite gas cooktop 3230 brings your kitchen the power of gas cooking with the precision of an electric range. The multiple burners offer individual power settings to give you the most accurate temperatures. The TurboBoil Power Burner delivers 18,200 BTUs to bring water to a quick boil, while the dual ring burner can produce as much as 18,000 BTUs for sautéing or as little as 900 for a soft simmer. These ceramic grate burners are recessed to deliver both a sleeker look and an easy continuous cooktop, perfect for balancing multiple pots.
- The 18,000 BTU Dual Ring Burner combines rapid heating and boiling with smaller flame options that simmer and warm to fit your skillet, pot and meal perfectly.
- Designed to kick out serious heat, the Power Burner funnels 12,000 BTUs of flame power to your cooking surface, so steaks sear, eggs scramble and water boils quickly.
- Designed to power you through dishes large and small, 9,500 BTU burners deliver heat for a wide range of cooking options, so you can simmer, sear, warm and boil all in one spot.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Crafted from cast metal and manufactured to high standards, these control knobs add a durable, premium touch to your range while putting you in control of the cooking.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My cooktop is under a year old; I take impeccable care of it. I use it, of course, but keep it very clean and clean it quickly after use . . . . here's the problem . . . .
One of the grates came chipped. You couldn't see the chip with the grates installed so I didn't worry about it. That chip is now rusting as are a few other areas. Now, I don't take the grates off and bang them around. I simply take them off and clean them one at a time in my large single basin sink.
And the knobs . . . they're all cracking. The surface of them is fine; not a scratch on them, but the layer underneath what looks like a clear coat is cracking. Every single one of them.
I don't use my cooktop nearly as much as some of my friends and the $1000 unit is under a year old. I've put in a warranty claim with Sears . . . let's see how this goes.
Los Banos, CA
Very happy with this cooktop - it has been installed and in use for over 6 months and absolutely no problems. I love the 5 burners and I do not feel it is crowded. I also have not had any issues with the knobs - I was concerned about the placement and coming in contact with hot pans, this is not the case and has not been an issue. Knobs are also very durable.
I read in the directions not to use a sponge that scratches, but my husband went behind my back and decided to clean the stove and now my brand new stove has scratches on it. Shouldn't stainless steel be stronger than this???
We love the new Kenmore cooktop, especially the variety of burners and particularly the dual ring burner. However the outside dimensions for the cooktop do not tell you that the left & right front edges taper away from the 21.75 inch; front to back dimension. This presented a problem for us since we were trying to cover an existing opening in a granite island. Needed to add a stainless surround to cover the opening.
I couldn't take my Kenmore Pro 6 burner with me when I moved and I hated the builder grade 4 burner in the new house. This is the next best thing--5 burners, fit exactly in the existing slot with no cutting, and I get my power burner, double burner with simmer and knobs in the front. I just wish it was a little wider for large pots.
This is such a great cooktop. I love that it has 5 burners, it replace one that had 4. Easy to use, fires up very quickly. The grates are a little hard to clean though. Overall very pleased.
In an effort to replace a 20+ year old cooktop which was installed in our Caesar Stone countertop I was shocked to find out how BIG all the new gas cooktops were. I looked at dozens of cooktops and this is the only one that would fit in my 26.5 x 18.5 inch opening! Depth was also an issue: 4.75 inches. Thankfully, this cooktop fit so snugly in my opening that we didn't even need to use the clamps that came with it. This saved us about $200 to have the stone guys come out and enlarge the opening....for which they wouldn't guarantee the results. The dimensions that are listed on the website are misleading and Kenmore should get more precise about this. Lucky thing is: I am enjoying this cooktop immensely! It is easy to clean and I love the level cooking surface to move pots around. Granted, you can't fit 5 large pots on it at the same time, so what? Plan ahead. A couple of the burners make a sputtering sound when set to medium, so I will call and request an adjustment.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% OFF with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- $25 Off Select Home Appliance Purchase Over $399 when you select FREE Store Pickup W/Code PICKUP Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.