Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||None, fixed elements/burners|
|Cooktop Control Location:||Right|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Gas or Electric:||Gas|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Burner Configuration:||Low output|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 30" Gas Cooktop - Precision Gas Cooking
The Kenmore Elite gas cooktop 3230 brings your kitchen the power of gas cooking with the precision of an electric range. The multiple burners offer individual power settings to give you the most accurate temperatures. The TurboBoil Power Burner delivers 18,200 BTUs to bring water to a quick boil, while the dual ring burner can produce as much as 18,000 BTUs for sautéing or as little as 900 for a soft simmer. These ceramic grate burners are recessed to deliver both a sleeker look and an easy continuous cooktop, perfect for balancing multiple pots.
- The 18,000 BTU Dual Ring Burner combines rapid heating and boiling with smaller flame options that simmer and warm to fit your skillet, pot and meal perfectly.
- Designed to kick out serious heat, the Power Burner funnels 12,000 BTUs of flame power to your cooking surface, so steaks sear, eggs scramble and water boils quickly.
- Designed to power you through dishes large and small, 9,500 BTU burners deliver heat for a wide range of cooking options, so you can simmer, sear, warm and boil all in one spot.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Crafted from cast metal and manufactured to high standards, these control knobs add a durable, premium touch to your range while putting you in control of the cooking.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Love it - love it - love it!! We needed to replace our 4-burner stove top which was embedded in a 30-inch cut-out in a Granite countertop. I wanted and needed more burners but did not want the hassle of cutting the Granite nor did I want to loose counter space to accomodate a 36-inch stove-top. I wanted a quick, EASY solution. This worked out PERFECT!!! My favorite part is the 5th burner in the middle - it boils a large pot of water quicker than I ever imagined! If you are in a situation like ours - this is a perfect quick-fix and to our surprise, a true upgrade. The entire stove-top (each and every burner) works and operates more superior than our previous Jenn-Aire did. I do not have a problem with space because if I am using all the burners - I just turn the handles to the outside. We just couldn't be happier.
I would not recommend this product to anyone. We bought it one month ago and one of the burner is already not working. However, it looks very nice. I never had issues with kenmore until I bought this cooktop. My dishwasher, oven, washer, dryer and refrigerator are all kenmore and did not have to have one service call. Very dissapointed with this cooktop.
Looked at many different gas cooktops in a varity of styles , brands, and price points and ultimately purhcased the kenmore elite gas 30 inch ccoktop. Bueautiful cooktop and fits perfectly in the kitchen. Great flexibilty with the different types of burner functions and versatility, would highly recommend to anyone looking to replace/upgrade their cooktop. Only down side is difficulty in keeping clean and mysterious brown spots under 2 of the burners that will not come clean.
Fort Pierce, FL
Bought this unit on September 9, 2014 to replace a Jenn-air cooktop. I measured and remeasured so as to ensure that it would fit the existing cut out in the granite. Oops, the existing cut out is square but this cooktop is curved . In addition the measurements given on the template are from the widest part of the cooktop(the middle) meaning that gaps exist at the corners, which are curved. I had it installed anyway with the intent of having a template made to fit the opening and have the cooktop sit on the template. Found a fill plate made expressively for this function, priced at $120.00. Until I order and have it installed there is a 1/4 inch gap at the rear between the cooktop and the backsplash. Insofar as the appearance of the cooktop is concerned, my wife and I both love it. I wanted the unit in black but it is not available. Having cooked on downdraft before I am aware that the flame and heat is pulled toward the fan. On this unit there is a rubber boot, at the center grate, that prevent the draft from being so great . This allows for better concentration of heat under the utensil . There was a trade off in that the previous cooktop had a modular grill unit meaning we only had two eyes to cook on, I did not purchase the $350.00 replacement module. My wife really likes having four eyes WHICH are sized for cooking function/temp. I did research and almost went with another Jenn-air but the owner ratings swayed me to the Kenmore elite and I feel that I made the right choice.
Los Banos, CA
Very happy with this cooktop - it has been installed and in use for over 6 months and absolutely no problems. I love the 5 burners and I do not feel it is crowded. I also have not had any issues with the knobs - I was concerned about the placement and coming in contact with hot pans, this is not the case and has not been an issue. Knobs are also very durable.
I read in the directions not to use a sponge that scratches, but my husband went behind my back and decided to clean the stove and now my brand new stove has scratches on it. Shouldn't stainless steel be stronger than this???
We love the new Kenmore cooktop, especially the variety of burners and particularly the dual ring burner. However the outside dimensions for the cooktop do not tell you that the left & right front edges taper away from the 21.75 inch; front to back dimension. This presented a problem for us since we were trying to cover an existing opening in a granite island. Needed to add a stainless surround to cover the opening.
I couldn't take my Kenmore Pro 6 burner with me when I moved and I hated the builder grade 4 burner in the new house. This is the next best thing--5 burners, fit exactly in the existing slot with no cutting, and I get my power burner, double burner with simmer and knobs in the front. I just wish it was a little wider for large pots.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.