Kenmore Elite 30'' Electric Combination Wall Oven w/ ConvectionItem# 02248903000 | Model# 48903
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||.15|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Oven Door Style:||With Window|
|Oven Controls and Features:|
|Maximum Microwave Cooking Time (min.):||99|
|Microwave Door Open:||Push-to-open|
|Convection Element Wattage:||2000|
|Gas or Electric:||Electric|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||30 amps|
|Oven Bake Element Wattage:||900|
|Total Connected Load:||5.4/4.0 KW|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||All self-clean|
|Overall Type:||Microwave/oven combination|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 30" Electric Combination Wall Oven - Twice the Possibilities
The Kenmore Elite 30" electric combination wall oven 4890 gives you more cooking options with the convenience of both microwave cooking and a dual-fan convection oven. The self-cleaning oven makes for easy care, as the exclusive AirGuard technology eliminates odors. The innovative temperature probe feature shuts the oven off automatically when foods reach a designated internal temperature, so making the perfect roast is easy. The microwave unit comes equipped with special features like sensor cooking and Turbo Roast & Bake that take the guesswork out of mealtime. Every cook who's short on time needs this Kenmore combination wall oven.
- A built-in microwave oven uses the power of convection to heat foods from the interior and exterior simultaneously, so meals are cooked to perfection inside and out.
- True Dual Convection uses two convection fans and a third hidden heating element to cook evenly baked meals up to 44% faster than Kenmore ovens without convection.
- The Convenient Temperature Probe produces perfect doneness every time by automatically turning off once your turkey or roast reaches precisely the right interior temperature.
- The Self-cleaning function conveniently cleans the oven's interior using high temperatures to burn spills, soil and soot away without a bit of scrubbing.
- Kenmore Airguard™ Technology helps eliminate self-cleaning odors and smoke 85% more effectively than Kenmore ovens without it, so you can breathe easy.
- With the push of a button, the total wall oven lockout feature secures controls and prevents temperature tampering, especially from the smallest fingers in the house.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Microwave will not heat after owning the unit for a 1 1/2 yrs. Had issues with unit locking and had to reset power according to phone service. No wonder why they insisted to spend another $300+ for extended warranty. My wife based purchased on the nice look of the unit...should have listened to other poor reviews! DO NOT BUY!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
De Soto, KS
I am very disappointed with this product. Kenmore Elite used to be a good quality product, so I replaced several appliances with this brand. This microwave doesn't heat well. It takes much longer than recommended time to cook thoroughly. However, my biggest complaint is that the handle of the microwave is very loose and the screw to tighten it is not accessible. The manual doesn't give any indication on how to remove the panel to get to the screw and the Sears repair department charges $250 to do it themselves. I am disappointed with every aspect of this product. My refrigerator and dishwasher have both had parts break on them as well after having them only a year.
West Chester, PA
The stainless steel starting pitting and rusting just after the warranty expired (3 years). I was told the doors would be $300.00 each to replace. I am very upset with Sears. I seemed to have paid extra for a name and not quality. We replaced all of our appliances at the same time and there are no issues with them. I will double guess the JD Power ratings also.
1. The microwave door is a DROP DOWN, so when you clean the microwave, you have to use a stool (I am NOT short & still can't reach the back of it) & clean from the side of the stupid drop down door that is right where you need to be. Then you have to go to the other side. Whoever designed that sure as **** never intended to clean one. 2. THE MICROWAVE BEEPING IS INSANELY LOUD & THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE IT STOP OR LESSEN THE VOLUME! I mean INSANELY LOUD, & the beeps are LOOOONNNNGGGGG & DO NOT STOP until you open it. WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING??? 3. The oven fans (both oven & microwave) run CONSTANTLY while in use & are LOUD & blow pretty hard out into the kitchen, or you face if you're close by. Lastly, today (day 28 of ownership) the microwave stopped working (at least I won't have to listen to the **** thing beep anymore) It showed a code "F44". I hear that is a code that indicates that the microwave fan was running too fast. Derp- I thought so... Got a tech coming tomorrow. If he tells me it needs service or parts, I may have to bury him in a hole in the yard. Hope it?s just a little thing he can fix while he is here.
Not sure about metal microwave tray yet. Attractive unit. Buttttt. When both microwave and oven are on, the fans whistle loudly. Not just fan noise, but obviously a design problem when too much air is being pushed out middle venting through too small of an opening. Noise stops when one unit or the other is off. Need to call repair. See that this is a common problem.
it not only looks great it works very well. the microwave has lots of power and the oven seems to work like a dream. so i love the convection ovens and they work good
This item has been a problem since installation. It started with the clock not working. Not really a problem, but it was just the beginning. During the first couple of times I used the convention oven on the top to roast the oven stopped working half way thru. At that point I tried using the bottom oven, but it didn't work either. I was getting an F84 message on the control panel. So this same thing has happened at least 4 times, and I am still having problems. The first occurrence, I was without my ovens the during the holidays, and since then each time at least 5 -7 days. It happened again a week ago,and it was serviced today, and once again it happened today as I was preparing my dinner.
I bought over $10,000 worth of appliances from sears in one day for my new home. This oven was one of them. It didn't last two weeks and the microwave broke. I waited two months for the parts to come in and finally demanded a new unit, and sears brought one, but the new one didn't last two months. Now I am waiting on my next repair appointment. Worst appliance i've ever had.
We bought this unit and over the four weeks that it has been used we have had four service calls. Two calls to diagnose and two to repair the unit. These repairs started with replacing the main fuse (part cost $83) and then on the next repair appointment it required the replacement of the magnetron, switch, capacitor, transformer, and a thermal cut off switch. Now the unit works fine. The question foremost in my mind is just how long it will be this time. Sears repair service and the corporate office have been very supportive, quick to respond and great on followup. I appreciate this aspect of doing business with them. I however, have advised them to reconsider the manufacturer of this product as to date it has cost Sears nearly $1500 to repair this unit. I also received a gift certificate of $100 to purchase a temporary microwave in the event that the repairs do not hold.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 06-Jun-2015 See details.
- Online Only. Extra savings on Kenmore Appliances over $499. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.