Kenmore Elite 30 cu.ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator ENERGY STAR®Item# 04674023000 | Model# 74023
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brandThe Kenmore Elite 74023 French door fridge delivers more capacity in less space. Featuring the Tilt-N-Take freezer door for convenience and GeniusCool™ Technology to keep food fresh. Plus chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- The Kenmore Elite 7402 3-door refrigerator has high-efficiency thin insulation panels that use less space and provide maximum insulation so you can store more food and keep it fresh.
- Slim-in-Door Ice Allows 100% use of the top shelf and lets you store more in the door with convenient door bins.
- Space-saving LED lighting recessed into the top and along the sides of the refrigerator making it easy to see what you're looking for without interfering with storage space.
- Compact water filter is recessed into the ceiling of the refrigerator so you have more usable top shelf space.
- Slim Design air filter helps increase top shelf capacity*.
- Space-saving LED lighting in the bottom of fresh food doors illuminate the freezer bins without interfering with storage space.
- GeniusCool™ Technology combines Digital Temperature Control, Electronic Sensors, and Multi Air Flow to provide optimum temperature performance.
- The Linear Compressor maintains freshness by quickly responding to temperature changes, providing only the amount of cool needed.
- Electronic Temperature Sensors measure multiple temperature points providing feedback for optimum temperature management.
- With Multi Air Flow Technology strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator.
- With Dual Evaporators, the separate cooling system keeps the ideal humidity level for fresh foods and frozen food.
- The Pantry Drawer has digital temperature controls with custom temperature settings for Meat, Deli or Produce to help preserve freshness by storing items at their ideal temperature.
- Vegetables stored in the AirTight™ Crisper retain weight and moisture longer, when compared to a standard crisper bin, resulting in fresher produce.
- The CleanFlow Air filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to help keep the refrigerator smelling fresh.
- Chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- Water and air filter change indicators let you know when it’s time for a filter change.
- Save money, energy, and the environment with this ENERGY STAR® Qualified refrigerator.
- Exclusive Dual SlideAway Shelves slide back to create more vertical space so you can store taller items like wine bottles and pitchers.
- The 3-tier Freezer Drawer has 3 separate drawers to give you better organization.
- Exclusive Tilt-N-Take Freezer Door offers convenient access to frozen foods without pulling the entire drawer.
*Compared to air filter cover on previous French-door bottom-mount Kenmore Elite models
Added on August 22, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Lake Villa, IL
The functionality of this fridge is fine and accommodates my large family. I am extremely disappointed that my fridge that is only 6 months old has rust covering all of the stainless steel doors. The company claims that it is only a cosmetic problem and will not replace them under the warranty. I will not be purchasing another kenmore product.
Really like the large freezer and refrigerator sections, Easy to reach and find items in freezer without digging around. Ice maker and water on door itself is wonderful and it makes plenty too! So much storage throughout.
We purchased this refrigerator two weeks ago. So far, it is operating beautifully. It is whisper quiet--can barely tell it is on. The ice maker is also very quiet. It is so roomy and the inside lighting is amazing. The air tight vegetable bin keeps produce fresher longer. I have had lettuce in there for the entire time and it is still fresh and crisp. The freezer is well organized with 3 pull out drawers of different sizes. The middle drawer is perfect for frozen veggie and fruit bags. You can lay them out flat and see exactly what you have on hand. I am forever done with side-by-side refrigerators. We could not be happier with our purchase. I will review again in 6 months with an update.
Clipper Mills, CA
We bought the Kemore to replace a refrigerator that only lasted a year. See my review for details. We like the icemaker in the door, it gives use more useable shelf space. It is easy to see the amount of ice in the ice maker. The ice capacity is a little less, but for us it is not a problem. The refrigerator is a bit noisier than our previous one. When nothing else is on you know when it is running, but it is not bothersome. Some of the knocks others have with this appliance are not an issue for us. Overall we are very happy. I'll post an update in a year on the reliability.
Gig Harbor, WA
We purchased our Kenmore Elite in 2011 during the Labor Day sale and was put into service in our newly built home in December 2011. Since then we have had 9 service calls on the Ice Maker, of which 5 of the service calls were to replace parts - - the other 4 were diagnosis. Every part of the Ice Maker was replaced, except the container in the door. It turned out that the DOOR was the problem - - the insulation had shrunk, exposing the water line, so the water was freezing in the line and failing to fill the container where the ice cubes are formed. Finally, the serviceman came back after replacing the door, and also replaced the fans in the freezer department on a RECALL by LG. I recently received a legal document indicating a class action lawsuit against LG/Kenmore, in which they are offering a one year extension on warranty as settlement. The ice maker has been a KNOWN problem for the past 4 years.
3 repair visits in 4 months, that should say it all. The right side of the door does not open enough to get the crisper drawer out. The fan in the freezer broke, causing the entire compressor in the back to freeze up. 10 days to get the first repair person out here. All in all, I will never buy another Kenmore again.
I never realized how difficult choosing a new refrigerator was. We just completed a kitchen renovation and kept the old one for about 6 months because we could not find the perfect model that 1. fit in the space 2. had an interior that worked for our lives 3. priced right. I found all three with this model. I love the flexibility of the interior and the lighting. It is very quiet and the Ice Maker works fine.
We purchased this this refrigerator to match the other Kenmore Elite appliances for our home in October 2014. Within 3 weeks the ice maker broke. We called for a repair and the repair guy ordered the item. Sears called and indicated that the part was on back-order and wouldn't be available until the end of December. After speaking with them, Sears offered to deliver another refrigerator. The fridge was delivered mid December and by January 10th, the ice maker broke again. We have been told the part is on back-order again and have set up to have yet another fridge delivered. I only pull 2-3 cups of ice from the machine a day, maybe 10 cups one weekend a month so it is not wear and tear. The fridge is awesome, it is the fridge we want. Ours is very quiet unlike others have indicated, except the ice falling in the ice maker when it was working. The customer service at Sears for the most part has been very pleasant. The only issue we have is with the ice maker and the fact that parts are unavailable. We do not like removing everything from our fridge every 2-3 weeks to have another delivered and now we have concerns after the warranty ends. I do not believe that the trouble we are having is worth the price or the idea of owning a dream fridge so we can not recommend this item.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Mar-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified Appliances over $299 or Special Financing with Sears Card! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.