Kenmore Elite 30 cu.ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator ENERGY STAR®Item# 04674023000 | Model# 74023
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brandThe Kenmore Elite 74023 French door fridge delivers more capacity in less space. Featuring the Tilt-N-Take freezer door for convenience and GeniusCool™ Technology to keep food fresh. Plus chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- The Kenmore Elite 7402 3-door refrigerator has high-efficiency thin insulation panels that use less space and provide maximum insulation so you can store more food and keep it fresh.
- Slim-in-Door Ice Allows 100% use of the top shelf and lets you store more in the door with convenient door bins.
- Space-saving LED lighting recessed into the top and along the sides of the refrigerator making it easy to see what you're looking for without interfering with storage space.
- Compact water filter is recessed into the ceiling of the refrigerator so you have more usable top shelf space.
- Slim Design air filter helps increase top shelf capacity*.
- Space-saving LED lighting in the bottom of fresh food doors illuminate the freezer bins without interfering with storage space.
- GeniusCool™ Technology combines Digital Temperature Control, Electronic Sensors, and Multi Air Flow to provide optimum temperature performance.
- The Linear Compressor maintains freshness by quickly responding to temperature changes, providing only the amount of cool needed.
- Electronic Temperature Sensors measure multiple temperature points providing feedback for optimum temperature management.
- With Multi Air Flow Technology strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator.
- With Dual Evaporators, the separate cooling system keeps the ideal humidity level for fresh foods and frozen food.
- The Pantry Drawer has digital temperature controls with custom temperature settings for Meat, Deli or Produce to help preserve freshness by storing items at their ideal temperature.
- Vegetables stored in the AirTight™ Crisper retain weight and moisture longer, when compared to a standard crisper bin, resulting in fresher produce.
- The CleanFlow Air filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to help keep the refrigerator smelling fresh.
- Chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- Water and air filter change indicators let you know when it’s time for a filter change.
- Save money, energy, and the environment with this ENERGY STAR® Qualified refrigerator.
- Exclusive Dual SlideAway Shelves slide back to create more vertical space so you can store taller items like wine bottles and pitchers.
- The 3-tier Freezer Drawer has 3 separate drawers to give you better organization.
- Exclusive Tilt-N-Take Freezer Door offers convenient access to frozen foods without pulling the entire drawer.
*Compared to air filter cover on previous French-door bottom-mount Kenmore Elite models
Added on August 22, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We purchased this this refrigerator to match the other Kenmore Elite appliances for our home in October 2014. Within 3 weeks the ice maker broke. We called for a repair and the repair guy ordered the item. Sears called and indicated that the part was on back-order and wouldn't be available until the end of December. After speaking with them, Sears offered to deliver another refrigerator. The fridge was delivered mid December and by January 10th, the ice maker broke again. We have been told the part is on back-order again and have set up to have yet another fridge delivered. I only pull 2-3 cups of ice from the machine a day, maybe 10 cups one weekend a month so it is not wear and tear. The fridge is awesome, it is the fridge we want. Ours is very quiet unlike others have indicated, except the ice falling in the ice maker when it was working. The customer service at Sears for the most part has been very pleasant. The only issue we have is with the ice maker and the fact that parts are unavailable. We do not like removing everything from our fridge every 2-3 weeks to have another delivered and now we have concerns after the warranty ends. I do not believe that the trouble we are having is worth the price or the idea of owning a dream fridge so we can not recommend this item.
El Sobrante, CA
Bought the refrigerator as we had tried LG and did not have a good experience, so back to Kenmore. Now after having multiple problems I have learned that Kenmore is actually LG. We are on our third service in roughly 5 years. This time it has completely failed. Perhaps bad luck by at this price point I would optimistically hope for 7-10 years of carefree operation.
Bought this last Sept 2014. Now the water/ice dispenser won't work. The light on the digital panel is off. Its still under manufacturer's warranty so I called for repair service on Jan 7, 2015 and they can't come until Jan 19. Apparently repair service sucks. I won't have cold, filtered water till then. I loved this fridge until it broke down. It really doesn't matter how spacious it is if it breaks down after less than 4 months. I hope it does not keep on breaking down after they get it fixed, if ever. Waste of time! Should have just gotten Fridgidaire/Maytag brands. Now I will have to purchase a home warranty service. For sure not from Sears since their service warranty takes forever to get an appointment.
Excellent design and function. Don't be concerned with the couple of reviews that cite the unit's loud noise, there is none. Once installed and operating with the compressor running I ran a Db scan on it. Result 43-45 Dbs---very, very quiet and there is no "strange noise" as one review mentioned. Noise is not an issue. Size of both refrigerator and freezer, appearance, access, operation, quietness & lighting are all excellent. Wife loves it. Kenmore has a true winner with this refrigerator. Glad we purchased it and highly recommend it to those looking for a great unit.
OK, so it took a while to get the ice maker going, but other than that this is a space age refrigerator. Very well designed, thoughtful conveniences throughout the machine.
We bought this from an Outlet Store here in Wisconsin. Apparently there was a small scratch on the front left door and the original purchasers refused delivery. Well this was good for me because I got a wonderful refrigerator. It works well (we have had it almost one year). The ice maker performs quite well...if you are planning a party I do recommend using it to fill the large bin in the freezer because if there are more then 10 people using the icemaker, you'll run out. But a little pre-planning will correct this (you can use what you stored up to refill the distribution box and no one will know the bin is a little small). I have read from some others that the ice cube maker is noisy. Well if you are in the kitchen and no one else is up and it's really quiet...yes, you can hear the mechanism rotate to drop the cubes...but come on people, ice makes noise when it drops into a container. Have a glass of warm milk and go back to bed! The box itself has so much room you could put a months worth of food in there and it would still have room left over. The doors hold gallons of Almond Milk, regular milk and Iced Tea jugs and you can still but more stuff in there. Plus there is a small hidden shelf under the milk shelf for 6 cans of soda or ??? The butter tray will hold 6 boxes (4 sticks each) of butter and several single sticks. The veggie tray is controlled for whatever you put in there, but you could put 3 heads of lettuce, 4 bundles of celery and 4 pounds of carrots...then you have the other drawer on the left for lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit and apples...even a pineapple could fit and the shelf will still slide perfectly. I guess what I am saying is you will have plenty of room for whatever you want...plus everyone who initially saw it has said "WOW, it's huge" What's neat is it's even bigger on the inside! (for the 'Dr. Who' fans). You will love this machine!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.