Kenmore Elite 30 cu.ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator ENERGY STAR®Item# 04674023000 | Model# 74023
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brandThe Kenmore Elite 74023 French door fridge delivers more capacity in less space. Featuring the Tilt-N-Take freezer door for convenience and GeniusCool™ Technology to keep food fresh. Plus chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- The Kenmore Elite 7402 3-door refrigerator has high-efficiency thin insulation panels that use less space and provide maximum insulation so you can store more food and keep it fresh.
- Slim-in-Door Ice Allows 100% use of the top shelf and lets you store more in the door with convenient door bins.
- Space-saving LED lighting recessed into the top and along the sides of the refrigerator making it easy to see what you're looking for without interfering with storage space.
- Compact water filter is recessed into the ceiling of the refrigerator so you have more usable top shelf space.
- Slim Design air filter helps increase top shelf capacity*.
- Space-saving LED lighting in the bottom of fresh food doors illuminate the freezer bins without interfering with storage space.
- GeniusCool™ Technology combines Digital Temperature Control, Electronic Sensors, and Multi Air Flow to provide optimum temperature performance.
- The Linear Compressor maintains freshness by quickly responding to temperature changes, providing only the amount of cool needed.
- Electronic Temperature Sensors measure multiple temperature points providing feedback for optimum temperature management.
- With Multi Air Flow Technology strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator.
- With Dual Evaporators, the separate cooling system keeps the ideal humidity level for fresh foods and frozen food.
- The Pantry Drawer has digital temperature controls with custom temperature settings for Meat, Deli or Produce to help preserve freshness by storing items at their ideal temperature.
- Vegetables stored in the AirTight™ Crisper retain weight and moisture longer, when compared to a standard crisper bin, resulting in fresher produce.
- The CleanFlow Air filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to help keep the refrigerator smelling fresh.
- Chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- Water and air filter change indicators let you know when it’s time for a filter change.
- Save money, energy, and the environment with this ENERGY STAR® Qualified refrigerator.
- Exclusive Dual SlideAway Shelves slide back to create more vertical space so you can store taller items like wine bottles and pitchers.
- The 3-tier Freezer Drawer has 3 separate drawers to give you better organization.
- Exclusive Tilt-N-Take Freezer Door offers convenient access to frozen foods without pulling the entire drawer.
*Compared to air filter cover on previous French-door bottom-mount Kenmore Elite models
Added on August 22, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
OK, so it took a while to get the ice maker going, but other than that this is a space age refrigerator. Very well designed, thoughtful conveniences throughout the machine.
We bought this from an Outlet Store here in Wisconsin. Apparently there was a small scratch on the front left door and the original purchasers refused delivery. Well this was good for me because I got a wonderful refrigerator. It works well (we have had it almost one year). The ice maker performs quite well...if you are planning a party I do recommend using it to fill the large bin in the freezer because if there are more then 10 people using the icemaker, you'll run out. But a little pre-planning will correct this (you can use what you stored up to refill the distribution box and no one will know the bin is a little small). I have read from some others that the ice cube maker is noisy. Well if you are in the kitchen and no one else is up and it's really quiet...yes, you can hear the mechanism rotate to drop the cubes...but come on people, ice makes noise when it drops into a container. Have a glass of warm milk and go back to bed! The box itself has so much room you could put a months worth of food in there and it would still have room left over. The doors hold gallons of Almond Milk, regular milk and Iced Tea jugs and you can still but more stuff in there. Plus there is a small hidden shelf under the milk shelf for 6 cans of soda or ??? The butter tray will hold 6 boxes (4 sticks each) of butter and several single sticks. The veggie tray is controlled for whatever you put in there, but you could put 3 heads of lettuce, 4 bundles of celery and 4 pounds of carrots...then you have the other drawer on the left for lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit and apples...even a pineapple could fit and the shelf will still slide perfectly. I guess what I am saying is you will have plenty of room for whatever you want...plus everyone who initially saw it has said "WOW, it's huge" What's neat is it's even bigger on the inside! (for the 'Dr. Who' fans). You will love this machine!
I did not know if I would like the French door refrigerator because of the freezer in the bottom. Now that I have it, I love it! It is beautiful in my new kitchen and very functional
Chester Springs, PA
It may be "efficient" but is the 1st refrigerator I have owned that causes me to turn up the volume on the TV when it runs; also the freezer door is VERY hard to open and will not stay open if taking out / putting in multiple things that require turning away from the refrig. Very functional and well lit interior. NOTE: this applies to the ELITE model
The appearance and quality of this appliance will be amazing in my new kitchen. There is ample space inside the both areas of cooling and freezing with easy access.
Johnson City, TN
Just had this delivered and installed the other day and couldn't be happier. Over the past year I have gradually replaced my previously aging appliances (another brand) and now have the complete Kenmore Elite lineup in the kitchen. I was already suitably impressed with the build quality, features, and the Sears installation team on the dishwasher, microwave and electric range, so I was eager to get the refrigerator replaced. This one definitely lives up to the experience I have had with the other Kenmore Elite appliances. I love the LED lighting on the interior compared to the older style incandescent bulbs. The placement of both the water and air filter makes them easy to access and replace, which is a plus. With my previous refrigerator I had to sit on the floor and crane my neck down to the bottom of the unit to locate the water filter, and it required a fair amount of force with a pair of pliers to get it to turn and release. This one just snaps into place! Another nice design touch are the slide away shelves that allow you to make room for taller items when necessary without completely rearranging your shelves to accommodate them. As far as the sounds it makes, it seems to operate fairly quietly compared to my previous unit, although I've seen some complain about compressor noise. I'm not sure what volume levels they are experiencing, but I certainly have no complaints with mine. All in all, a very solid unit and I'm quite pleased so far. I would rate my entire Kenmore Elite kitchen 5 stars!
We are enjoying our new Kennmore Elite refrigerator. There is plenty of storage place and I really like the storage containers on both inside doors. There is an extra drawer in the freezer that makes it great to store stuff that may get lost in the freezer otherwise.
The space inside the freezer is bigger than our previous LG, which is very nice. But the compressor runs with a slightly strange noise. I hope that's how it just is and not a sign of any upcoming issue.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore Appliances $499 and Above. Reflected in price shown Offer ends 04-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.