Kenmore Elite 30 cu.ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator ENERGY STAR®Item# 04674023000 | Model# 74023
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brandThe Kenmore Elite 74023 French door fridge delivers more capacity in less space. Featuring the Tilt-N-Take freezer door for convenience and GeniusCool™ Technology to keep food fresh. Plus chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- The Kenmore Elite 7402 3-door refrigerator has high-efficiency thin insulation panels that use less space and provide maximum insulation so you can store more food and keep it fresh.
- Slim-in-Door Ice Allows 100% use of the top shelf and lets you store more in the door with convenient door bins.
- Space-saving LED lighting recessed into the top and along the sides of the refrigerator making it easy to see what you're looking for without interfering with storage space.
- Compact water filter is recessed into the ceiling of the refrigerator so you have more usable top shelf space.
- Slim Design air filter helps increase top shelf capacity*.
- Space-saving LED lighting in the bottom of fresh food doors illuminate the freezer bins without interfering with storage space.
- GeniusCool™ Technology combines Digital Temperature Control, Electronic Sensors, and Multi Air Flow to provide optimum temperature performance.
- The Linear Compressor maintains freshness by quickly responding to temperature changes, providing only the amount of cool needed.
- Electronic Temperature Sensors measure multiple temperature points providing feedback for optimum temperature management.
- With Multi Air Flow Technology strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator.
- With Dual Evaporators, the separate cooling system keeps the ideal humidity level for fresh foods and frozen food.
- The Pantry Drawer has digital temperature controls with custom temperature settings for Meat, Deli or Produce to help preserve freshness by storing items at their ideal temperature.
- Vegetables stored in the AirTight™ Crisper retain weight and moisture longer, when compared to a standard crisper bin, resulting in fresher produce.
- The CleanFlow Air filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to help keep the refrigerator smelling fresh.
- Chilled filtered water and ice provides refreshment at your fingertips with the simple select dispenser.
- Water and air filter change indicators let you know when it’s time for a filter change.
- Save money, energy, and the environment with this ENERGY STAR® Qualified refrigerator.
- Exclusive Dual SlideAway Shelves slide back to create more vertical space so you can store taller items like wine bottles and pitchers.
- The 3-tier Freezer Drawer has 3 separate drawers to give you better organization.
- Exclusive Tilt-N-Take Freezer Door offers convenient access to frozen foods without pulling the entire drawer.
*Compared to air filter cover on previous French-door bottom-mount Kenmore Elite models
Added on August 22, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I went with this model because of the extra cubic feet and the simplified front door for water and ice. The comperable model had a much more complicated set up with lots of buttons and functions that would have confused others when visiting so I went with this simpler version Otherwise this model has lots of space in the freezer plus the extra drawer to hold extra ice for parties and such is a real plus.
The refrigerator gives you lots of room. It is quieter than my previous GE refrigerator. I love this refrigerator. I only have had it for 1 week, but I can tell that my vegetables stay fresher.
Seems to be a nice refridge. Very well lighting inside. Took the chance with the ice maker heard bad reviews about them. I am willing to give it a try. Kinda a bummer magnets won't stick to the front but you have the sides to use
I took delivery of this refrigerator along with the matching stove, microwave & dishwasher Oct. 2014. I had a tech come out today to replace the computer board and another part so the fridge would defrost. It had a ton of ice built up behind the back plastic panel & it was causing food to freeze in the fridge. It worked for about an hour and failed. I have the same error code as before the control buttons, water dispenser & ice maker wont work. I have to wait till tomorrow for a tech to tell me they have to order more parts and come back next week to try and fix the problem. Disappointed in the product & service. Spend your money on a fridge that doesn't have a computer controlling it. FYI I also had problems with the stove & microwave after a month.
Silver Spring, MD
Dont waste you time and money with this. It always breaks. They have lot of known problems with this model. First time they said mother board was broken since we used ice maker. Then fan. Then they said it was over freezing in the freezer area and fan wont work again so they installed a defrost fan. Then it stopped cooling. Now it is just not freezer entire fride is not working. All the food was damaged multiple times. All this in span of 3 months. They wont even give an appointment in less than 10 days even enritre fridge was broken. Worst service.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Lake Villa, IL
The functionality of this fridge is fine and accommodates my large family. I am extremely disappointed that my fridge that is only 6 months old has rust covering all of the stainless steel doors. The company claims that it is only a cosmetic problem and will not replace them under the warranty. I will not be purchasing another kenmore product.
Only had this unit for a week, but so far we really like it. Sent a fairly new French door GE to the garage as a beer fridge. The GE was a little quieter but couldn't stand such narrow compartments. This Kenmore allows us to put anything in and makes it easy to find anything. Love the door in a door for accessing frequently used items. Only con I have is there's no drip tray for the ice/water dispenser. If it gives no problems for a number of years then I'd give it 5 stars.
Purchased this refrigerator in late September '14 from Sears when we updated all our appliances with our kitchen remodel. Wow this thing is loud. Constantly sounds like it's running in overdrive. At first we thought it was just getting to its cooling setting but after a few months we called Sears to have it checked out. Apparently the noise is "normal" and they can't do anything to make it quieter. Something about "these new refrigerators have more fans to increase efficiency". Great, more efficiency...thanks a lot...I guess I'll deal with the V8 engine running in my kitchen from now on to save a few bucks a month. Everything else about the appliance is good except for the noise. The noise factor alone warrants the poor rating. My wife and I have bought over 10 brand new appliances from Sears for 2 properties in the past 3 years. We're actively buying more real estate properties to rehab and rent but we will not be going back to Sears for appliances after this experience.
Really like the large freezer and refrigerator sections, Easy to reach and find items in freezer without digging around. Ice maker and water on door itself is wonderful and it makes plenty too! So much storage throughout.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.