Kenmore Elite 29.8 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 04651179000 | Model# 51179
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 29.8 cu. ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Adjustable Storage
With nearly 30 cu ft. of storage Large Capacity, space-saving features like full-door gallon storage and SmartSense temperature management, the Kenmore Elite refrigerator 5117 is head-and-shoulders above other side-by-side refrigerators. This Kenmore ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator has the most Large Capacity of any side-by-side refrigerator/freezer on the market, and smart design features give you even more shelf space. The fridge's four adjustable door bins hold 8 gallon-sized containers, while the SpaceSaver ice system is designed to free up valuable freezer space.
- Gallon door bins easily hold jugs, bottles and gallon containers to help clear the shelves and give you space to stock up.
- Relocated to the door, the SpaceSaver Ice System makes cold, refreshing ice, while clearing an entire shelf to give you 30% more storage space, so you can stock up on frozen foods.
- The easily accessible can and bottle rack organizes 5 cans or bottles within the refrigerator door to free up extra shelf space and keep your favorite flavors within reach.
- CrisperKeeper Drawers absorb the natural ripening agent given off by fruit and vegetables to extend the life of produce and help flavor last.
- The CleanFlow™ Air Filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to keep the refrigerator smelling fresh and is 15 times more effective than baking soda in reducing odors.
- Spill-proof tempered glass shelves keep drips, drizzles and spills from spreading throughout the fridge, making cleanup fast and easy.
Added on March 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I swapped this out for my 30 year old fridge. I am so happy with it so far. Love the ice in the door. There is so much room that I had to go shopping to fill it half full. I love the shelves. and storage room in the freezer.
Best to stay away from this one. Water leaking inside refrigerator, water dispenser problems due to line freezing up. trays not the best, doors not flush and its noisy. Research another brand and good luck.
Had this install along with matching appliances. No problems with ice maker (running temps at recommended settings). Plenty of space ion both refrig & freezer. Love the beverage holder in the door and the bin space
If I wanted a refrigerator without an Ice Maker, I would have bought one on purpose. I let the salesman talk me into this fridge. (July '13) Sure, it seemed like a good deal, and it has a lot of space. Icemaker worked for about 2 weeks, then stopped. You can hear it try to fill and dump ice, but nothing comes out. I have had the Freezer door replaced 2x now. Thinking about trying a 3rd time too.... Last time out the tech explained that these units have a design flaw - the water line freezes up inside the door. So the icemaker functions fine, it just doesn't fill with water. The "sears" solution is to raise the temperature in your freezer so the water will flow, and you are stuck with mushy ice cream. My (not ideal) solution is to buy bags of ice and dump them into the icemaker. Very disappointing.
We had this unit delivered on Saturday. I knew one hour later that it had to go back. We bought this model because it had SO much room. Once delivered it sticks out about 9 inches past the counter tops. It looks as though it's sitting in the middle of the room. We have an open floor plan and one entire side of the fridge is exposed to the living room. On this model the sides are "gray" colored plastic that are suppose to look like stainless steel (they don't). It looks cheap. Lastly, the ice maker is really noisy. It is located in the door and you can hear EVERY ice cube being made. I'm switching it out for a GE Profile counter depth with SS cabinet...will cost $1000 more...and is much smaller (23.3 vs 29.8) but for me it's worth it. BTW...I researched on Consumer Reports and read that Kitchen Aid and LG get by far the most complaints. GE and Kenmore were pretty good.
This side-by-side is the best refrigerator we've owned in 46 years of marriage. The interior space is designed with excellent lighting, easy access to stored items, maximum flexibility for setting up areas for large and small goods, conveniently located wine rack, and ability to see all items at a glance. The water and ice dispenser has capability to not only deliver cubes and crushed ice, but it also measures water output by the ounce. Also the user can control the temperature of the water and lock the dispenser to prevent little hands from creating an unwanted mess.
Excellent storage in freezer. Nice in fridge part too. Shelves are not as versatile as my previous Maytag. Soda pop holder only holds 5 cans (who can buy a 5 pack of pop?) If you're into wine, the wine rack might be nice, otherwise just wasted space. Deli/produce drawers have deodorizers that are great. The ice water console is a bit busy.
Franklin Park, NJ
Read reviews, purchased unit, had reservations, not a single problem. Noise? None. Ice? Plenty. Adequate cooling? Absolutely. After 6 weeks, totally satisfied with purchase.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 01-Jun-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 03-May-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $299 and over Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.