Kenmore Elite 29.8 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 04651179000 | Model# 51179
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 29.8 cu. ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator - Adjustable Storage
With nearly 30 cu ft. of storage Large Capacity, space-saving features like full-door gallon storage and SmartSense temperature management, the Kenmore Elite refrigerator 5117 is head-and-shoulders above other side-by-side refrigerators. This Kenmore ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator has the most Large Capacity of any side-by-side refrigerator/freezer on the market, and smart design features give you even more shelf space. The fridge's four adjustable door bins hold 8 gallon-sized containers, while the SpaceSaver ice system is designed to free up valuable freezer space.
- Gallon door bins easily hold jugs, bottles and gallon containers to help clear the shelves and give you space to stock up.
- Relocated to the door, the SpaceSaver Ice System makes cold, refreshing ice, while clearing an entire shelf to give you 30% more storage space, so you can stock up on frozen foods.
- The easily accessible can and bottle rack organizes 5 cans or bottles within the refrigerator door to free up extra shelf space and keep your favorite flavors within reach.
- CrisperKeeper Drawers absorb the natural ripening agent given off by fruit and vegetables to extend the life of produce and help flavor last.
- The CleanFlow™ Air Filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to keep the refrigerator smelling fresh and is 15 times more effective than baking soda in reducing odors.
- Spill-proof tempered glass shelves keep drips, drizzles and spills from spreading throughout the fridge, making cleanup fast and easy.
Added on March 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have had it plugged in since the 5th and they told me to let the ice maker make 1 full cylinder then dump it and then the ice would be good. Took two days to get 15 cups of ice,it holds 25 supposedly. In the next day and a half it has finally made another 15 cups of ice. I have not had a drink with ice in it in 4 days. This unit has accelerator ice maker and yes I have it on. It only last 90 minutes and you have to turn it back on. I have turned it on over 15 times since the 5th. It doesnt make any more ice with it on versus off. I am very disappointed in this unit. I bought this fride because my last one was 20 years old and it was a kenmore. Im thinking about taking the new one out and putting the old one back in just so we can have ice.
York Springs, PA
I love the lighting system of the inside, not so thrilled with the ice machine, as it makes smaller ice cubes than the one in my Frigidaire and it only makes like 7 cubes at a time, I tried the accelerator ice but still can't keep up with our demand, i would recommend if they didn't use much ice
The Kenmore Refrigerator is incredible. Fruits and vegetables stay fresher, longer. There is so much room, easy to see everything both in the refrig. and the freezer.
The motherboard in our fridge malfunctioned in the first week. We spent 7 months waiting for a backordered replacement before finally being told that so many of the motherboards in this model fail that the manufacturer can't keep up with replacements. Eventually our fridge was deemed "unrepairable," and Sears replaced it with a different model of our choice. Read the "one star" reviews and you will see a lot of people with the same problems we had: "No ice. No water. Temperature in fridge not regulated. Etc." Buy something else.
Solid product. We love the extra lighting and the full size door shelves. Excellent. The option is to change the location of the shelves is limited, so make sure you like the configuration before purchasing. They work great for us. The features on the water and ice dispenser are perfect for us too. By far the largest, most practical freezer area of the models we shopped. A great product and finding it on sale made it a teriffic buy.
So far I have had no issues with this refrigerator (T.G.). The price and features of this unit is the reason I purchased it, despite some of the negative reviews on this site. I have 30 days to return it if I am not happy with the fridge, So far the ice maker is working well, the noise that it and the refrigerator makes is the same as my old refrigerator. I have not touched the factory temperature settings in hopes of avoiding some of the problems mentioned on this sites reviews. The quality of the refrigerator is what I expected, same as the unit of the floor at Sears. I will put in another review after the 30 day period, but so far so good (T.G.).
Sugar Land, TX
We purchased this refrigerator to replace a 20 year old one that is in our laundry room, right next to the kitchen. We never seem to have enough fridge space so the new one will really come in handy. We love all of the LED lights when we open the doors. Overall, we are very pleased with the side-by-side refrigerator/freezer.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product. The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 13-Sep-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 07-Sep-2014 See details.