Kenmore Elite 27'' Electric Combination Wall OvenItem# 02248803000 | Model# 48803
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||3.5|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Door Swing:||Drop down|
|Oven Door Handle:||Curved|
|Oven Door Style:||With Window|
|Oven Controls and Features:|
|Microwave Controls and Features:|
|Maximum Microwave Cooking Time (min.):||99|
|Microwave Door Open:||Pull-to-open|
|Microwave Door Swing:||Drop down|
|Microwave Power Levels:||12|
|Convection Element Wattage:||2000|
|Gas or Electric:||Electric|
|Oven Bake Element Wattage:||2700|
|Oven Broiler Element Wattage:||3400|
|Upper/Single Oven Configuration:|
|Number of Oven Racks:||3|
|Oven Light(s) Type:||Halogen|
|Convection Location(s):||Upper/Single Oven|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-clean lower, standard upper|
|Overall Type:||Microwave/oven combination|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 27" Electric Combination Wall Oven - Flexibility and Power
This Kenmore Elite 27" electric combination wall oven 4880 combines the convenience of a microwave and the control of a convection oven in one powerful package. With a full range of microwave functionality including Turbo Roast & Bake, sensor cook and auto-cook settings, this 27" electric wall oven handles all your microwaving needs. The True Convection oven setting employs a fan and a third heating element to bake and cook evenly and efficiently, even using all three racks. The Kenmore Elite wall oven also includes a handy temperature probe, which shuts off the heat when the desired temperature is reached.
- True Convection combines a powerful fan with a hidden heating element to spread heat evenly, helping bake, brown and crisp everything from turkeys and roasts to brownies and pies.
- With the power of convection and microwave cooking together, Turbo Roast browns, crisps and roasts everything from turkeys to leg of lamb for amazing meals in minutes.
- Turbo Bake combines the performance of a heated convection fan along with microwave technology to deliver crisp, evenly baked breads and pies while quickly cooking your food.
- A built-in microwave oven uses the power of convection to heat foods from the interior and exterior simultaneously, so meals are cooked to perfection inside and out.
- With the push of a button, the total wall oven lockout feature secures controls and prevents temperature tampering, especially from the smallest fingers in the house.
- The Convenient Temperature Probe produces perfect doneness every time by automatically turning off once your turkey or roast reaches precisely the right interior temperature.
- The Self-cleaning function conveniently cleans the oven's interior using high temperatures to burn spills, soil and soot away without a bit of scrubbing.
Added on June 04, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Jose, CA
I reviewed virtually all the recommendations on this oven before I bought it earlier this year and some of the negative comments had me very concerned. However, I went ahead and bought it because my kitchen was already made up of Kenmore Elite appliances and wanted the oven to match. So far after about 6 months, I have seen few of the issues raised in the earlier recommendations on this oven combination. I confess that the oven does continue to beep and blow air after the oven has completed a cycle but I do not find this too objectionable as the beeps remind me I still have a load in the oven and since I don't tend to hover at the front of the oven while it is running, I don't mind the vent coming out in front. However, it would be nice if this oven had an option where this exhaust could be routed out a top vent because I had installed one there for my first oven. I use the microwave-convection oven daily using the porcelain tray and have seen no sign of arcing or staining. I used the lower convection oven several times and was impressed with how perfectly it roasted a chicken using the lower convection oven in conjunction with the probe thermometer. It was cooked perfectly and was the most tender and moistest roasted chicken I had ever cooked. If you have the patience and can time your purchase to take advantage of Sears? ?half off wall oven sale? and get this oven for just over $2k you can?t really go wrong!.
San Diego, CA
It is the only double oven on the market that has true speed cooking combination where you can brown your food with convection while microwaving. Like any other microwave you can not use metal cooking containers or anything else while in microwave mode. You can break the glass, have the metal arch to the sides of the oven and super heat the metal where someone can get hurt. This will also ruin your magnetron. This is true of ALL microwaves. Because the unit comes with a metal shelf for use in the upper oven which is only to be used in the pure convection mode, people somehow think it is OK to use it in microwave mode, or maybe they just forget to remove it. This has caused the ratings to be very low and I imagine Sears is taking a hit on repair issues. Lucky you, if you read this and don't mind air blowing on you, you can now get this amazing equipment for half off! I have lots of visitors and relatives, so to avoid mistakes I just packed the metal shelf away. It saved me 2 grand.
Eaton Rapids, MI
Initially I wanted the double wall oven but this one fit the space I had almost perfectly. I was skeptical about having a microwave/oven combo but then I realized the convection capabilities. I had never had a convection microwave before. This thing bakes, broils, boils, cooks and so much more! It has worked very well so far. The settings are a bit complicated just because there are so many options. I'm not sure yet if it is worth the price but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
Oven and Micro wave the perfect combination .The microwave unit has a reheat button that senses the temperature of the food. This makes it very easy to do leftovers that come out perect. My wife is very happy with this purchase.We replace a ge unit combo that never really worked that well. We should have purchased this Kenmore unit a long time ago.
The product is excellent, with many cooking options. My only issue is that 27" wall ovens evidently are not quite all the same size. This unit replaced a 22 year old Kenmore 27" unit, and there was some trimming required on the cabinet side to fit the back of the unit. This unit was also shorter, leaving a 3" slot at the bottom which needed to be covered by a custom made board. Confirm the insert hole requirements carefully!!!
Love this unit. The upper fan is quiet. The lower fan is quiet. However, when both the upper convection and lower convection are on at the same time, the lower squirrel cage kicks into high gear and makes a whining/whistle noise. Anybody else have this problem?
Shingle Springs, CA
Air blows in your face when you are using it. It did not fit the current cut hole even though I had brought my original paperwork from my original oven in when I bought it, so that they could be certain it would fit. They wanted to charge me to make adjustments to make it fit and have me buy a face plate to cover the gap. Bought at Sunrise Mall in Ca. For the $$$ not a good investment.
Bought the unit 8 months ago. The design has exhaust air blowing out at face level and is noisy during cool-down after use. The MW comes with a porcelain coated metal tray that has edges without coating; therefore it creates arcing and burns on the stainless walls. The service tech was directed to use sandpaper to remove the burned areas, and we were told that the subsequent scratched finish was an acceptable repaired condition to Sears. The Sears service tech supervisor was adamant that the tray is required to be glass, but it shipped with the porcelain coated metal tray. They ordered a glass replacement, and it arrived in a box marked "glass", but was the exact same metal tray. The Sears service rep was rude and unhelpful. The control panel failed after 6 months - caused the unit to power completely off and restart minutes later. The inner glass in the oven door shattered inside the door during oven use. Fortunately, the warranty is paying for the repairs.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Save an Extra 15% off Kenmore Wall Ovens and Cooktops when purchased together. Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.