Kenmore Elite 25 cu. ft. French Door Counter-Depth Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 04672049000 | Model# 72049
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
With an amazing 25 cubic-foot capacity, the counter-depth Kenmore French door refrigerator 72049 has more storage space than any counter-depth French door bottom mount-refrigerator.*
The black Kenmore 7204 French door fridge isn't just big on space. Features like a digital temperature-controlled gourmet pantry drawer, 3-tier freezer drawer and dual SlideAway shelves provide all the practical storage you need. You can also count on fresh food storage with an AirTight crisper, CleanFlow air filter, and GeniusCool with linear compressor and dual evaporator system.
- The 25 cubic-foot family-sized space in the Kenmore counter-depth French door bottom-freezer refrigerator is perfect for entertaining and stocking up on all your favorites, because no other counter-depth bottom mount refrigerator has more storage space than this one (based on capacity measured through AHAM Standards; storage space measured through Kenmore Brand Standards)
- GeniusCool technology with a linear compressor and dual evaporators cools your refrigerator and freezer separately to keep everything at ideal temperatures and humidity, and prevents the transfer of odors and flavors from one section to the other
- The full-width gourmet pantry drawer is ideal for storing meats, cheeses and party platters, and is the perfect place to line up healthy snacks like yogurt tubes, veggie sticks, string cheese and fruit cups for easy access by little hands
- The slim in-door icemaker gives you 100% use of the top shelf and lets you store more in the door in convenient door bins
- The AirTight Crisper locks in freshness to help retain moisture in your vegetables longer, compared to a standard humidity crisper bin
- The refrigerator features multi-level LED lighting that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and saves energy when compared to standard incandescent lights.
- GeniusCool Technology features a 10-year warranty on the linear compressor so you can have peace-of-mind knowing this quality refrigerator will stand the test of time
- The 3-tier freezer drawer features 2 pull-out drawers and a deep bin so you can organize all your frozen foods
- CleanFlow Air Filter circulates air through a charcoal filter to fight food odor and help keep the refrigerator smelling fresh
- This Kenmore fridge model meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR® standards, so you save money and energy while doing your part to help protect the environment
*According to leading brands refrigerator capacity measured through AHAM Standards; storage space measured through Kenmore Brand Standards.
Added on October 18, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Just got the frig in today! It is so big and bright. When you open the doors, there is so much light and room. Big deep shelves in the doors and the freezer has two shelves and a pocket in the front. The counter depth looks so much nicer in the space, instead of sticking out in the aisle between the island counter.
I really like this refrigerator. We needed one to fit in a tight spot and this one did while still giving us lots of space. Love the LED lighting and how the drawers are arranged. Sears had such a great range of style and sizes I knew we would find the right combination. The sale man was a wonderful help too.
When I first got my stainless steel frig., too many finger prints. The kenmore wax remedied that! The light inside is great and the food stays fresher by far than my old frig. The crisper drawer is great, veggies stay so fresh. Very happy.
The fridge is very user friendly. The size seems large even though it's a counter depth model. The air filtration really does work. It wasn't a selling feature for me but works well even for freshly boiled eggs. My only drawback is that the overall height is 3/4 inch higher at the hinges which means it doesn't fit all the way back into the opening. Make sure you measure the entire height and not just the cabinet.
After many years of dealing with a side by side fridge we started looking for a great French door model. looking at all of the brands on line and decided to go to Sears so we could touch and see them in person. The 2 other brands that we considered were LG and Samsung, but after seeing the Kenmore Elite there was nothing else that compared, we liked the way the drawers were setup and the sealed vegetable humidity controlled compartment. And what about all of the room with the largest counter depth fridge available and the lowest pricing!!!
We had to pick this model after the kitchen designer didn't allow for our first choice, the 31 foot model. I hate paying more for less space, but this fridge has been great. It looks great, resists smudges and works just like it should. The ice maker is smaller but more than meets our needs. As expected, the shelves aren't as deep as the regular line, but the doors hold quite a bit. The door shelves on the ice maker side aren't as deep as the other side but still hold condiments just fine. The only downside is guests have a hard time figuring out how to get water and/or ice. We are used to where to push for what, but it is a bit confusing at first. Overall, we are very happy and after 6 months, no issues.
We've never had a french door, freezer on bottom unit before. We bought it because it was counter depth. We love it! It is so roomy, great for storage of pizzas and party trays and so well lit. Love the hidden ice maker and love the slide out shelves in the freezer. You can see everything in the freezer with very little effort. Love that we don't have to make our dog move from her spot in front of the fridge every time I open the door. All in all, very very pleased with this product! The only negative is that the cooling system seems to come on with great frequency and is a bit on the noisy side.
Huntington Station, NY