Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212782000 | Model# 12782
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA +360° PowerWash Technology + Smart Dry (CU Rated #4) uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Carlos, CA
We bought this dishwasher 3yrs ago thinking we got a "top of the line" and dependable washer. Within the 1st year we had problems with buttons not responding, but unplugging seemed to fix it. Long story short that issue progressed and 3yrs later the buttons seem to have a mind of their own...sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Lesson learned - get *anything* fixed if/when its under warranty!!!
Wonderful! it is much more quiet than our last one and it get all my things really clean I like all of the little spaces for specialty items.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Colorado Springs, CO
Cleans great. The only problem is that after 7 months the thin plastic axles broke completely off on one wheel and partially on the other three. Why a machine with such high reviews and with such a large price tag would be made this way I do not know. I, however, do not want anyone else to buy into the idea of having the best when it does not come close to living as long as even the cheap models.
works quite well and very quiet. like the display in front that lets me know where it is in the cycle. the only thing that i would add is a 3rd tray at the top for flatware like bosch and kitchenaid dishwasher. otherwise, very nice
Saint Charles, MO
First, as most of the other reviews mention the dishwasher does a great job cleaning the dishes. If you put oatmeal bowls in the turbo wash zone they will come out clean (yep- I tried it, my kids have a nasty habit of leaving dried oatmeal on bowls). Now to the design flaws, first the top rack has adjusters. If you have the top rack to the lowest adjustment you can't have normal size dinner plates on the bottom rack. If you put it on the top adjustment the rack slides out once a couple of cups are added. I read other reviews about the top rack sliding out and I thought it was the reviewer didn't have there dishwasher level. That isn't the case the reason the top rack slides out is because the adjustment is in the back, so the minute you start adding dishes, the top rack sags just enough that is rolls right out! The bottom rack comes off its roller too. It doesn't bug me as much as the top rack falling out at me all the time. I'm sure for this price point there are lot dishwashers that clean just as good without the design flaws.
This unit does a fantastic job cleaning dishes. It is very, very quiet. At first, we didn't know if it was running or not. The filter is easy to remove and clean with warm, soapy water and a soft scrub brush. So those are the positives. The negative part of this washer is that the wheels on the upper rack height adjuster break easily. The top rack just doesn't seem to be sturdily made. I have had to replace the height adjusters twice, and noticed last night that one of them has broken again. We have been careful pulling the top rack out since it broke the first time, but it doesn't seem to matter. It is not difficult to replace the part, but it costs $32.45, so in two years I will have spent well over $100 (shipping isn't cheap) replacing a poorly designed and manufactured part, and I can expect to replace them again in the future.
I've only had this dishwasher for 2 weeks, but everything seems to be working excellent. This dishwasher is extremely quiet and cleans the dishes extremely well. As of right now, I would recommend this dishwasher without reservation.
It is quiet and reasonably attractive in terms of styling. Those are the only good aspects of this dishwasher. This machine makes your dishes DIRTIER than when they are put into it. You must prewash your dishes completely. You must scrub and clean them thoroughly before putting them into this worthless hunk of junk. STILL they come out with a dark film that gets thicker each time they go through. This machine cannot remove even a thin film of cooking oil even if rinsed and dishes are spaced THREE ROWS APART. We tried different settings, different soaps, etc. Problem is, when you call Sears tech support, they will try to BLAME YOU. They will say it is because you are not using a rinsing agent (ridiculous) or because you are not cleaning the filter (wrong - we clean it all the time). We are having it serviced again for the 2nd time. Hopefully we can get help with this. We paid a lot of money for this and expected better.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore Dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 02-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.