Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212782000 | Model# 12782
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA +360° PowerWash Technology + Smart Dry (CU Rated #4) uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Washington Crossing, PA
I've had my new Elite Kenmore Dishwasher for a few weeks now and could not be happier. The price was just right, it is VERY quiet, I thought my last dishwasher was quiet, but this one yoo can hardly hear. The controls are on the top of the door, but the display on the front tells you exactly what the machine is doing. Love it!
It goes well with my other Kenmore elite product. The bottom could slide in a little smoother (like the top), I had the same type before in almond/bisque.
Very quiet dishwasher. Does the trick. However, given its very high price, there are some flaws that were really surprising. - the filter is cheap and doesn't do a good job of stopping solid waste from getting to the pump. When a glass broke inside our dishwasher, a piece of glass made its way to the pump and broke it, giving us a leak and necessitating a very messy fix that took about 3 weeks before Sears sent someone out. - the dishwasher doesn't heat up its water, or cycle water until it's hot. If you use it with a powdered detergent like Cascade and your sink water is NOT hot, then the detergent will turn into a solid mass in the dispenser and your dishes won't get clean. This makes the timer unusable with dry detergents. - the dish trays use small plastic clips that can get dislodged and fall into the washer, where they'll get melted by the heating element (or worse, get into your pump and break it) - when you start the washer and then add another dish (during its "Add A Dish" part of the cycle) you have to remember to press the Start button again, or the cycle won't restart. That's just sloppy programming. - Similarly, you end up having to press Start twice a lot, which is just bad programming. The buttons should be designed for smarter use and fewer 'clicks'. There are plenty of times we've thought the dishwasher was going, only to find the next morning that the dishes weren't done because we hadn't pressed Start enough times! Other than the fact that it's a VERY quiet unit, I honestly can't recommend it. My old, cheap Maytag from our last house both heated up its own water if necessary, AND had a built-in food grinder, so you didn't need to pre-clean the dishes. Thing was noisy, but actually cleaned dishes a whole lot better.
New Port Richey, FL
I've waited a couple years to buy a new dishwasher and have been researching them all along. We purchased this d/w a couple weeks ago and have very pleased with it. It doesn't have the lowest sound decibels as a couple other Elite models, but you still can't hear it while it's running. It's doing a great job on cleaning, too. Love it!
Lone Tree, CO
In one year, I am on my third service visit. The top rack is a disaster of plastic parts. It breaks easily! One year into it, the top control panel and the main control board went out. First, the panel was backordered. Installed that and now the control board is backordered. What does it tell you when the replacements parts are backordered? They are in high demand! I will be without this dishwasher for over 1 month before it is finally fixed. Sears customer support is excellent, and it is a good thing - I am on the phone with them a lot! Where do you go for quality appliances anymore? I have no idea. Expensive or inexpensive, it all seems to be junk these days. They value "features" and gimmicks over simple solid operation.
If you had told us a dishwasher could do what we've seen this one do, we would not have believed you. Baked on pumpkin bread? No problem. Spaghetti pot that sat overnight? Piece of cake. Then tonight we thought we would defeat it. Large casserole baking dish that had buffalo chicken casserole baked for an hour and a half in it. (Potatoes, bacon, cheese, sauce) AND sat empty on the stove for over 24 hours. There was cheese baked brown on the sides. We put the dish in front of the "turbo wash" section and filled up the rest of the washer. I expected half of the stuff off, which is about what our old washer would have done. The casserole came out SPOTLESS!!! We are very pleased with this purchase!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 23-Feb-2015 See details.