Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212783000 | Model# 12783
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA + Smart Dry
- 360° PowerWash Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on February 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Cleans dishes great. But cannot get unit leveled in the space. Drawers keep sliding out. I need to lower back end of unit, to get it level. Wheels provided at back offer no adjustment to lower unit. Shelve racks could have had a detent feature to retain them, from sliding out too easily. I added a plastic .100 thick liner under machine, for protection from leaks so it is visible in front of machine. It is not a matter if it leaks, just whenit leaks. I would think a slightly1/4 inch shorter height machine would take care of the problem.
Silver Spring, MD
After driving myself crazy reviewing dishwasher reviews online and visiting Sears to see and feel my top 4 dishwashers in person, I selected this dishwasher. Brand: it matches my other Kenmore Elite appliances with its unique matching handles, sleekness, quality. Color: Black, hope I don't regret not getting the stainless steel which was the same price. Thinking about renovating the kitchen and everybody is doing stainless steel these days. Price: Not cheap more than I wanted to spend given that I also still need to replace my wall oven. Installation was like $225. Didn't buy extended warranty. I already have American Home Shield (AHS). Noise: Very quiet, can barely hear it. Racks: Love all the things it can do including folding tines. Fully adjustable for every load. Don't need third rack with Kenmore's silverware racks. Clean: Yes and Yes, Use Smart Wash and 1 Hr Wash mostly Dry: 98% if not 100%. Overall: Loving it after one month of use.
West Orange, NJ
kenmore elite dishwasher rated top by consumer reports really is that good. better than bosch / meile / akso for 50% of the price.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
We bought this dishwasher two years ago when we bought a new house. Previously, we had a Bosch dishwasher that we bought at our local Sears. We loved the Bosch's functionality; its quietness; and its reliability. We had it for about 8 years, before we moved from that house, and had very few issues with it. When we went to buy a dishwasher for our new house, our intention was to buy a Bosch. The salesperson convinced me to buy this Kenmore Elite product rather than the Bosch, explaining to me why it was better than the Bosch. Big mistake. In my opinion, it is an inferior product. We have had it for less than two years and have had the wheel assembly for the top break twice, which make the rack fall and not stay in its tracks. The functionality of the dishwasher is also inferior as compared to the Bosch. The only thing good I can say about it is that it is quiet and is nice looking. When I called for the latest warranty call I explained the situation with the recurring broken racks. The person taking the call was candid; she told me that the problems with the top rack are a common issue with many customers experiencing the same problem. I asked her what would happen when it breaks again -- because it will -- after the warranty expires next month. She told me that I could purchase an extended plan or pay for the parts. My question: why should I have to incur additional expenses to fix a product with has a design flaw, which the manufacturer is aware of? I wish they could take the machine back so I could buy the Bosch, which I wanted in the first place. Do not waste your money and buy this inferior machine.
Always been a big Kenmore fan and our last dishwasher finally gave out after 15 years of superb service. Well, the above referenced washer is absolutely incredible. All dishes/pots/pans come out spotless. Again, it is so quiet, I have to put my ear to the front panel to even hear ANYTHING to know that it is running. Sears really out-did themselves with this one.
This new Kenmore Elite Dishwasher does everything it promises and more! We thought our glassware was clean until we took the out of our new dishwasher for the first time. It sparkled like new! All of our dishes and even pans and glass baking dishes are perfectly clean. My glass 8X13" brownie pans are cleaner than ever. Even old stuck on spots are gone! I like the choices of cycles. The Smart Dry cycle is great! We're very glad we bought this model!
Wonderfully quiet. Hard to tell it is running at all. Loads of space inside; much larger than my previous dishwasher. Top of the door operating panel is easy to keep away from the eyes grandkids.
We have had this dishwasher 18 months. When it works, it works GREAT. However, we have had a broken diverter TWICE, issues with the touch panel, and various little plastic parts falling off and breaking. It's a total lemon. Do NOT buy!
I purchased this dishwasher at the end of 2013 with an extended warranty. The unit broke a little after a year (just like our $2,000+ Kenmore Fridge). Parts weren't readily available and the technician didn't install them correctly. Three weeks after the fix, it's broke again and this time ruined a section of our kitchen floor. It's basically been broken since the first week in Jan. 2015. What a piece of junk and the techs can't fix it. Junk. Don't buy it.
So far it's been great. Install guy was great and performance just fantastic. Some of the poor reviews I think might be a tad unfair. Use the right cleaning/drying detergents with a pre scub and you will love this machine. Now if I could just get my clothes washer to work as well.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 06-Jun-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $299 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get 10% More than the Cash Savings Back in a Gift Card When You Pay Regular Price Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.