Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212783000 | Model# 12783
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA + Smart Dry
- 360° PowerWash Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on February 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I chose this model largely based on the positive reviews and am happy I did. The biggest difference with this dishwasher and my old one is just how incredibly quiet it is. With my old Bosch dishwasher, it was hard to have a phone call in the kitchen while it was running. With this model, I can hardly tell it's even running. The cleaning is excellent, but the one trick I learned after reading other reviews is that you have to add rinse aid. Without the rinse aid, glass items came out a little cloudy, but once I added rinse aid everything comes out sparkling clean. My only gripe with this dishwasher is that the buttons on top of the door are very sensitive. Even just brushing up against them sometimes activates the button, and then you have to hit cancel. I would prefer one physical power button like the old Bosch unit had so you can ensure it doesn't get turned on by mistake. Otherwise, this is the best dishwasher I've ever used, and I should mention it looks sleek and attractive under the cabinet as well.
Even though we have only had this dishwasher for 2 weeks, my wife loves the performance and the quietness. We previously had a Whirlpool (nothing against this product) but we decided on this Kenmore we purchased from Sears. Installation went well and we have enjoyed this Kenmore. Not only quiet, but dishes come out very clean!
A great replacement to an outdated, aging dishwasher. It is very quiet and does a great job on its contents. Delivery was on time, and installation went smoothly.
Purchased this dishwasher in Jan 2014. It looks great, cleans dishes very well and it's extremely quiet. Three months later, it developed a leak from the overfill protection float (the round device in the right front of the tub). It has been leaking for two weeks now. Definitely do not recommend this appliance to anyone.
Laguna Hills, CA
The best part about the dishwasher is how quietly it works. The bad parts are it only does an okay job washing dishes and it is poorly made. Our dishwasher started leaking where the water pump is connected to the dishwasher. Rather than deal with Sears service we went under and tightened the clamp ourselves. It seemed to work for a few weeks and then we had a pool of water under the washer again. When we called for service we were told that the warranty had just expired (even though it wasn't expired before the original leak) and we'd be responsible for the hundreds of dollars it cost to fix a poorly designed part that only costs around $1 to make. A better design may have cost them around $2, which is nothing on a washer that cost over $1K. Why doesn't anyone design for quality anymore?
San Antonio, TX
I've had this dishwasher for 3 months and I love it. It is so quiet, I've had to walk in the kitchen to see if it is actually running. I've seen complaints about the way it cleans, but that has never been problem for me. I've deliberately left food on the plates and pans to see how well it would clean them, and everything has always come out perfectly clean and dry.
After using the machine for 14 months we woke up one morning to find our kitchen flooded and water soaking the carpet in the basement under the dishwasher. Turns out there was nothing securing the pump to the frame. The pump was 'secured' by using two measly clamps to attach the pump to the hose. One of the clamps popped off and water went everywhere. Water compromised virtually every electrical component. Sears has replaced some of the parts and others are on back order. No use of D/W for 2 weeks at least. Getting billed labor too. So upset with sears and they have not offered much for their product failure. SOOOOOO upset with sears.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Aug-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.
- Extra Savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears! Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.