Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212789000 | Model# 12789
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA +360° PowerWash Technology + Smart Dry (CU Rated #4) uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Pros Cleans very well. This dishwasher gets everything very clean with no spotting, filming or tiny bits of food on the dishes. I need to use the smart dry function to have no spotting or film. Occasionally it will not get some things clean (not more than a few, but that is rare) usually something really tough, but I wash it again if it's not too tough, and it usually comes clean. The pots and pans function with the turbo really gets pots and pans clean and I mean tough stuff. So I'm very pleased with how clean it gets everything. All the cycles and options are great and there a lot of them. Read about them on the description Construction The tines are 100 percent nylon, so the coating won't wear off. It has a stainless steal interior. The top tines fold down. Ease of use It's easy to use. It's easy to load. It holds a lot The top can be easily lowered or raised or even removed. The controls are intuitive. The detergent comparts are easy to use and well designed. Ease of cleaning It should be easy to clean because all the controls are flat and controls are on the top instead of the front. Noise It's pretty quiet. No problem watching TV in the adjacent room Young family friendly. This would be a great dishwasher if you have any young children or babies because they are no controls on the front, you can lock it, and it has a sanitizing function which would be great for baby bottles, and it has compartment with the silverware basket that would be good for little things like pacifiers, and it should be easy to clean Energy and water efficiency The energy star program rated it average. It has several function to make it more energy efficient and to save water. It has a function were use can wash just the top rack. Design? I not sure if this has to do with the design or the installation, when the old dishwasher was removed and the new one was installed there wasn't any cement in front of dishwasher any more Noise It could be quieter (but probably wouldn't clean as well, given my experience with my old Bosch which I could hardly hear even if I was standing right in front of it.), but you can delay start it 2, 4 or 8 hours so for me it should not be an issue since I usually run it at night. Construction I wish the bottom tines folded down, but it hasn't been a problem. I just put large item over the times. I really can't figure out why they didn't make to so that the bottom tines fold down--very puzzling.
When we were in the store the one thing that we emphasized was that the dishwasher needed to dry the dishes completely. We found out that this item did not do a great job unless you used a rinsing agent. With the rinsing agent the dishwasher does an excellent job. You also have to be standing right next to it to tell whether it is running or not. It is really quiet.
Less than 1 year after purchase the machine started spewing water onto the floor. It took 2 service calls to have it repaired. Now having to replace the guides on the upper shelf. When its working its a great washer, but the dependability of the unit is terrible.
Pompano Beach, FL
I chose this model largely based on the positive reviews and am happy I did. The biggest difference with this dishwasher and my old one is just how incredibly quiet it is. With my old Bosch dishwasher, it was hard to have a phone call in the kitchen while it was running. With this model, I can hardly tell it's even running. The cleaning is excellent, but the one trick I learned after reading other reviews is that you have to add rinse aid. Without the rinse aid, glass items came out a little cloudy, but once I added rinse aid everything comes out sparkling clean. My only gripe with this dishwasher is that the buttons on top of the door are very sensitive. Even just brushing up against them sometimes activates the button, and then you have to hit cancel. I would prefer one physical power button like the old Bosch unit had so you can ensure it doesn't get turned on by mistake. Otherwise, this is the best dishwasher I've ever used, and I should mention it looks sleek and attractive under the cabinet as well.
Even though we have only had this dishwasher for 2 weeks, my wife loves the performance and the quietness. We previously had a Whirlpool (nothing against this product) but we decided on this Kenmore we purchased from Sears. Installation went well and we have enjoyed this Kenmore. Not only quiet, but dishes come out very clean!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Oct-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 04-Oct-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% OFF with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- $25 Off Select Home Appliance Purchase Over $399 when you select FREE Store Pickup W/Code PICKUP Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.