Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212789000 | Model# 12789
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA +360° PowerWash Technology + Smart Dry (CU Rated #4) uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We have had this machine for 14 months. It worked well until the warranty ran out and then the problems started. At first it wouldn't complete the wash cycle. I tried to reset the machine by unplugging it and that didn't work. I called the sears repair folks on getting some advice and when they saw that it was out of warranty they told me I would need a repairman to come out. They wouldn't even tell me how to run a diagnostic. I found out how and traced the problem down. Because of Kmat owning Sears the quality of the Kenmore brand has gone down fast. Don't waste your money.
We replaced a GE profile dishwasher - which we had for 8 years or so. I don't remember it ever doing as good a job as this Kenmore. Still too early to give it 5 stars, it has been installed less than a month, but no complaints so far.
My wife and I bought this dishwasher and absolutely love it! After considerable research, we decided that Kenmore Elite was the way to go. This unit is quiet and does a great job cleaning anything. We couldn't be more happy with Kenmore Elite.
Perry Hall, MD
after alot of time effort and research i bought this dishwasher based on consumer reports recommendations. NEVER AGAIN will I allow myself to be swayed by their opinion. I was in the market for a new stainless steel dishwasher that could clean the dishes and be quiet. the decibel rating of this dishwasher was very enticing i understand it does not have a built in garbage disposal so i must empty/clean it myself. which i do, however, my dishes come out dirty even if they look clean they feel gross. my utensils have since rusted and the wheels are melting off of my racks. i already had to repair the top rack and its hanging on by i dont know what. i am waiting for the day when i oull the rack out and it comes crashing down and all my glasses shatter,CANT WAIT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. I REALLY dislike this appliance and would never recommend it to anyone, especially for the amount of money I paid, to add insult to injury for the first two years i owned it the motor sat to low to the floor so it had a terrible vibration which sears refused to fix, blamed it on my floors- i just recently had the dishwasher puled out so i could cut the floor out from under the dishwasher to optimize the wonderful low decibel feature i was searching for. what a disappointment and a joke.
San Carlos, CA
We bought this dishwasher 3yrs ago thinking we got a "top of the line" and dependable washer. Within the 1st year we had problems with buttons not responding, but unplugging seemed to fix it. Long story short that issue progressed and 3yrs later the buttons seem to have a mind of their own...sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Lesson learned - get *anything* fixed if/when its under warranty!!!
great dishwasher, not bottom of line. someone decided to put cheap plastic parts on the top rack that break repeatedly. everytime is $50 to order and you put on. service call too otherwise. Sears says they don't know it's defective. If that is the most common complaint on the website pretty good guess it's a defective design and I'm no engineer. 2 year warranty on defective parts appears to be useless. BEWARE
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.