Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212789000 | Model# 12789
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Clean Better at Sears
This Kenmore 24" built-In dishwasher 1278 is equipped with a pressurized spray nozzle that aggressively yet gently tackles grease and stains. The energy-efficient UltraWash HE Wash System uses water effectively, and the SmartWash HE cycle gives you more control without wasting a drop. During the wash cycle, the UltraWash HE Filter traps food particles to guarantee optimal performance. The rinse aid dispenser ensures reduced streaks and spots. This Kenmore dishwasher features an attractive stainless steel tub for improved drying that makes your glasses and dishes sparkling clean.
- 43 dBA +360° PowerWash Technology + Smart Dry (CU Rated #4) uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We have had this dishwasher 18 months. When it works, it works GREAT. However, we have had a broken diverter TWICE, issues with the touch panel, and various little plastic parts falling off and breaking. It's a total lemon. Do NOT buy!
We bought this in April 2014 - Delivered and installed by a Sears authorized crew. I really like how the glass and silver wear shine after the wash, I am sure the rinse aid helps greatly. It is quiet and you wouldn't know it is running without looking at it. When it does change cycles there is a small audible hum. The wash cycle can take a while to complete depending on what you select. I think it is safe to say this is a solid model and looks great in our kitchen.
I have had this Dishwasher for like 3 weeks Now And i am pleased With It. Its Very Quiet And Roomy!! Installation Was Straight Forward Like any Dishwasher!! I only give it 4 stars Cause the Heat Dry Don't work as Well As other Dishwashers I have Owned But no Biggie for me let dishes Stand a little longer Is Dishwasher. I will Keep buying Kenmore Appliances Till i die!!
Saint Petersburg, FL
Good performance so far, just had it a week. Washes great and also dry well. some washers don't dry well because of the new energy law. I had one like this 8 years ago and it was the best washer I have had in 35 years. Also it has a one hour wash if you choose, for a speedy wash.
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
My dishwasher is less than 2 years old and finally today after several repairs that it was uneconomical to repair. I paid over a 1000.00 for this dishwasher hoping that it meant more convenience and a long lasting product only to discover that all the Kenmore Elite products I purchased have several issues that will mean replacement within a 3 year period. This dishwasher is extraordinarily quiet and while working cleaned very efficiently. The faulty hose assembly that connects one of the pumps however is a serious issue since it is located next to the control board that can not get wet!! Needing over $600 in REMANUFACTURED parts just to fix that one issue. Have already had to spend 400 to replace the rack track system and the hose/pump assembly the ultimately fried the control board. I have read up a little late for my benefit but everywhere EXCEPT the Sears site mentions these specific problems as way too common with this product. Do not Buy and waste your money.....
I've had this dishwasher for over a year now. I chose it because of the quiet rating it received. Yes, it is quiet and I love that but there are some drawbacks. The dishes don't dry all the way and there are plastic parts on the top rack that collect water and keep things wet. Also, the stainless steel on the exterior seems like poor quality so it doesn't really polish up nicely- it always looks dirty even though I've tried numerous polishes including the Kenmore one that came with unit. Lastly, I just spent $84 for the Sears repairman to come today because it wasn't draining. (It's under warranty still but the warranty only covers the cost of parts, not labor or the $59 fee for them to come out and diagnose). There's an extensive filter system so that food doesn't clog up the system but apparently somehow a piece of broken glass had gotten stuck in the drain pump, causing it to jam. When I asked the repairman how in the world it could've gotten stuck IN THE PUMP he said it's a common problem. He told me there's nothing to do about it and it will likely happen again! My sister has already had the same problem with hers in the first four months of owning it. It's terrible that there is no filter leading to the pump to prevent things like this. Who does't break an occasional glass in their dishwasher?? That's a serious shortcoming in my book. Otherwise, the dishes seem clean when they are done, even on the hour cycle (which I often run because the normal cycle takes about three hours). Not sure what else is out there but it might be worth your time to see if there's something better.
I picked this one because it had the fan to dry as well as all the other good washing features. So far I'm pretty happy with it, though I wish it did dry a little better.
Similar to my post regarding our "Kenmore" refrigerator we have been sadly disappointed with the reliability of the product. For the price point I would not expect to have multiple service calls in the first 3 years of ownership. Could be bad luck but considering the same experience with our Kenmore elite fridge I suspect it has more to do with Kenmore now being LG on the inside.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 02-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.