Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - White ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212762000 | Model# 12762
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher - For Your Messiest Dishes
The Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher 1276 features PowerWash technology to clean your messiest dishes. Using a spiral spray pattern rather than the more common circular pattern, this dishwasher will make your dishes sparkle. Several rotating spray jets make up the TurboZone, a new generation of dish-washing technology that gives you double the coverage of any other 24" built-in dishwasher. This powerful washing cycle won't interrupt your daily life, though, as its 48 decibels are quiet enough for you to carry on a conversation without having to raise your voice. With this Kenmore dishwasher, doing the dishes will seem like magic.
- 360° PowerWash Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on March 21, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
At about 18 months we have experienced no problems; ours is still working fine, and quiet. Our only complaint is that it's too quiet, we have to look at the control panel to know that it is still running. Did I mention that it is very quiet. We use detergent pods/packets, the kind that small children mistake for candy, and are very pleased with how clean the dishes come out. Here are a few more details: ** The heated dry option works ok, but as with most models the coffee mugs retain enough water that they need to be dried by hand. We usually just partially open the door at the end when the process is completed and go to bed. By morning even the cups are dry. ** One of the reasons that we choose this unit was the racks. I discovered from reading numerous user comments, and then my own observations, many other brands, like Bosch, have the tines spaced too close for U.S. dishes, but the racks in this model are great. In fact, my wife is still talking about how this machine holds about 50% more than our previous one so it takes us longer to accumulate a "full" load. ** Because of the water recycle feature, it uses very little water compared with our previous machine, and because my wife rinses the dishes before adding them to the load, the cleanable water strainer-filter has not actually needed cleaning the several times that we checked it. ** We prefer the front panel controls, even more so after realizing that the top-of-door controls and indicators of the hidden-control models are actually hidden under the edge of the countertop while the units are operating. ** Our previous Maytag dishwasher had a manual dial cycle selecting timer control, and only 4 pushbuttons for options. It was still working great after 15 years, but the racks were rusting badly and the cost of replacement racks was nearly the price of a complete dishwasher. After investing a huge amount of time researching the ridiculous assortment of available models, this one came very close to meeting all of our criteria, and did not have the common pattern of negative reviews. At the 1.5 year mark we are still pleased with our choice.
I've only had this dishwasher a few years and have had to have it serviced about 4 times a year. The control panel is extremely sensitive and if you barely brush up against it during a cycle, it will drain and stop mid cycle. The control panel on our dishwasher has been replaced twice and serviced about 4 times. HATE THIS DISHWASHER!!!!!
San Ramon, CA
I purchased it this a few months back and it's been perfect. Sears installed it and it makes all the dishes super clean and it's very quiet compared to my older dishwasher. The noise is not noticeable to us at night and we can sleep thru it. No mechanical problems and there are plenty of space to load dishes. This model requires the canister at the center of the unit to be cleaned certain periods of time. When all the wash is completed, it will display a green light at the end.
Delivery and install went well. I had to special order the color I wanted and it came in quickly. Love the dishwasher, runs quiet dishes came out very clean and dry no water spots.
From the get-go we've had issues with this dishwasher, including the delivery (we were told a date/time when it would be delivered, then we'd get a call saying it wasn't in the shipment...this happened three times, and each time we uninstalled our old dishwasher and then had to reinstall it). We've had it for about six months and we're kicking ourselves because we didn't return it when we had the chance. It doesn't dry the dishes (in fact, the entire inside of the machine and the dishes are wet and/or have a humid "film" on them, and oftentimes it doesn't even clean them, leaving a residue and sometimes a funny smell, or a smell of detergent. The racks are chintzy (the bottom rack often derails), the control panel is very sensitive and sometimes just brushing up against it turns it on (if it's off) or cancels the cycle (if it's on). This is the first time we've had such a negative experience with Sears/Kenmore. It appears from the other reviews that our experience is not unusual, although there are also plenty of excellent reviews. Maybe there was a bad "batch" made?
It cleaned a dirty casserole dish as it said it would. It is sooooo quiet. The gadgets inside that hold lids and the top rack moves up and down are wonderful for when I have my good dishes or stemware in there. I did wake up to a bad smell from the dishwasher this morning but Ii am hoping it is just a fluke.
Dishwasher works great, and is overall a huge improvement over our previous one. The only issue we've encountered is the bottom tier can roll off the track from time to time. (Not a big problem though.) Do double check with your sales person about delivery and installation. Ours was a bit of a hassle, but Sears was easy to work with on this.
I've had this dishwasher for a little over 3 months. I've had problems since the day I bought it - (1) it doesn't clean the dishes thoroughly (leaves residue) and that's with rinsing/lightly washing before hand, (2) runs for almost 4 hrs on the "normal" cycle, and (3) consistently leaves the soap/residue in the door container (even though I always clean the screen trap which was recommended the first time this happened a month in to the purchase). I really thought it would get better over time, but it hasn't so I am going to try and return it. I'm really shocked since this has such good ratings. On the plus side it's super quiet - ? Please beware!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore Dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 02-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Black Friday Doorbuster! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.