Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212793000 | Model# 12793
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Powerful and Quiet
The quietest dishwasher Kenmore has ever made at only 39 decibels, this ENERGY STAR® Kenmore Elite built-in dishwasher 1279 lets you rest and relax while it does all the hard work. The combination of the 360-degree PowerWash™ Plus technology and TurboZone® with rotating spray jets attacks your greasiest and grimiest dishes. Don't worry about your large or odd-shaped pots and pans. The one-hand adjuster makes lifting the upper rack very easy. It also has an efficient UltraClean wash system that knows the exact amount of water and energy to use so you can save money on your utility bills.
- 360° PowerWash Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on April 17, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Replaced an older Kenmore elite model. This dishwasher is so quite that the first time I turned it on I kept going into the kitchen to see if it was working. Great job cleaning heavily soiled dishes.
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
we are now on our 2nd one of these, Sears had to replace the first one after the computer board failed and the hoses disconnected flooding our basement and destroying a family heirloom armoire. Now on our second one as I said. We were sold this dishwasher being told the "turbo zone" would clean a lasagne pan without being rinsed. Well the machine will not even clean a plate that had a slice of cake on it. If you want frustration, dirty dishes, and to hand wash everything either before or after the 3 hour cleaning cycle, then by all means get this one. I will take my $1000+ next time and just start a fire with it in the back yard.
Extremely quiet! Can barely hear it even if standing right next to it. I have always been one to wash all my dishes prior to putting in the dishwasher. However, I wanted to see what this one could do. So the very first load I ran through really put it to the test! I filled it with silverware, plates, bowls, pans, and serving spoons that had all sorts of dried food on them. I was amazed when it was finished running, my son and I opened the dishwasher and started looking at every dish as we put them away - they were all spotless! Huge improvement from my previous dishwasher!
First of all, I would recommend that you download the owner's manual prior to purchasing. This is not your grandmother's dishwasher. Using the "normal wash" cycle may take up to 2 1/2 hours (or more // or less). The washer uses an optical measure the estimates the water cleanliness and provides an estimated cleaning cycle. It uses less water by soaking. I'm totally OK with that. My old unit was noisy and I wanted a 10 minute cycle. This washer can run as long as it wants to - it's extremely quiet and we love that part. The loudest noise we hear is the water entering the unit. The drying cycle isn't perfect and I haven't found a dishwater that is. When this unit says 'complete' on the front panel, we open the door a crack and let it sit overnight. The pooling of water is less excessive that way. Even if you don't crack the door, the water inside afterwards isn't that big of a deal. It's not truly excessive either way. Follow the instruction manual and the installation is very simple. I was amazed at all the padding that is wrapped around the unit to make it quiet. Follow the instructions and you'll have no problems. One dislike is that the doors operating buttons (on top) can be accidentally touched (programmed) by just barely touching the control panel. We are a little more careful around the control panel. It's a good unit. It cleans dishes, dries and it does it quietly. I would recommend this one with no problem.
Moved this summer to a different home which had a Bosch. We kept taking dishes out that were still dirty so purchased this unit which was the top rated dishwasher on Consumer Reports. It is very quiet and cleans fairly well, but not perfectly. In our previous home we had purchased a $350 whirlpool (fairly loud) that had the utensil basket on the door and we NEVER took a dish out that was still dirty. We're just not used to having to check dishes to make sure they have been fully cleaned, but we still have to do so even with this top rated dishwasher. We don't find the loading nearly as easy as our previous whirlpool and as a result I also don't think it holds as much. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be happy with this dishwasher, but I'm just mystified why it doesn't clean as well as our previous one when this one cost 4 times as much.
I have had this dishwasher less than 2 years. Three service calls. Now pump motor is out. Control panel is going haywire and may also need to be replaced. Always cleaned the dishes well but never dried them properly. I thought purchasing "elite" would get me a good product. Not so. Probably just going to scrap it and buy another brand. No more Sears/Kenmore appliances for me.
We purchased this unit after our builder grade d/w started going downhill fast after only 2 years of use by a family of 5 that loves to cook. We knew we needed something that can handle a lot of use and a quiet product was a must since we have an open concept home. You cannot even tell the dishwasher is running! It cleans perfectly too, we are thrilled with our purchase.
My Whirlpool gold stopped cleaning well, so bought this one yesterday. Have only done one load so far, but I put dishes that were not cleaned by my previous dishwasher into this one and they came out spotless. Little bit unsettling though because it was so quite, I kept checking to see if it was still on. Thought the last one was quiet, but sitting 4 feet from this one, I could hear NOTHING!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 01-Jun-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 03-May-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $299 and over Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.