Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212793000 | Model# 12793
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Powerful and Quiet
The quietest dishwasher Kenmore has ever made at only 39 decibels, this ENERGY STAR® Kenmore Elite built-in dishwasher 1279 lets you rest and relax while it does all the hard work. The combination of the 360-degree PowerWash™ Plus technology and TurboZone® with rotating spray jets attacks your greasiest and grimiest dishes. Don't worry about your large or odd-shaped pots and pans. The one-hand adjuster makes lifting the upper rack very easy. It also has an efficient UltraClean wash system that knows the exact amount of water and energy to use so you can save money on your utility bills.
- 39 dBA + Smart Dry + On Hand Adjuster
- 360° PowerWash Plus Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on April 17, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This dishwasher washes better than any I have seen. It takes a lot longer to wash than older dishwashers due to the soaking cycles. The reason for 4 stars versus 5 is with a few of the features. First, the literature (and the salesperson) said the bottom could accomodate up to 13-inch plates -- not true. even with the top shelf all the way up, there is only 11 1/2 inches of clearance to the sprinkler arm. Also, what they won't tell you is that the top shelf can't be removed on this model. Lastly, the mechanism that moves the shelf up and down takes up space where the glasses go, making it more difficult to load.
The dishwasher cleans dishes great...but the Dishwasher is very poorly put together. The top dishwasher rack was broken when I got the dishwasher. Then, after just 18 months, a hose clamp came off and flooded my house! I caught the flooding within less than a minute of starting the dishwasher, but it was too late. So much water came out that it flooded into my basement. Put your money toward a different brand or be prepared to pay extra for extended warranty...or fall victim to paying for costly repair parts. Kenmore & Sears should be ashamed of themselves for this product.
If high end only means quiet, then go for cheap! This does not dry your dishes. If the manufacturer says always use high temp always use SaniRinse, always use rinse aid and set to max, and always use Smart dry, there's something wrong here. I shouldn't have to purchase a rinse aid for my high end dishwasher. And if I need to ALWAYS use high temp, sanirinse, and smart dry shouldn't those things be non optional for the dishwasher? My question here is: WHAT EXACTLY DID I PAY FOR!?? did I pay for quietness? fine, but didn't I pay for a dishwasher? shouldn't the EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE dishwasher have the dishes ready to be put away when it says it's ready? Does Kenmore need new engineers who care?
The dishwasher is extremely quiet while running and does an outstanding job of cleaning all item especially glasses without any water spots. I am very impressed with this dishwasher
This dishwasher does wash well, I will give it that. HOWEVER the steam vents to the side rather than the front. The steam has ruined the drawer front on the cabinet next to the dishwasher. I would definitely not purchase this model if I had the chance to do it over again.
Our house came with a new Whirlpool dishwasher when we bought it. We used it for two years and it was absolutely noisy. We couldn't have a decent conversation or watch TV when it was running. Our kitchen, dining room, and living room is one big room in our house so anything making noise is noticeable. We got sick of the noise so we looked for the quietest model made which at the time appeared to be this model. We really didn't even care if it cleaned dishes all that well as we hated the noise. We got this one installed last week. Installation was pretty easy for the most part as I was able to do it by myself in under a half day. The instructions were okay. The moment of truth came as I got everything installed and attached. I turned it on and listened for noise. Did I turn it on? I couldn't tell, so I turned off the fan and other noise in the kitchen and continued to listen. I thought I heard something, but still wasn't sure so I opened the door. Sure enough it was spraying water inside. I couldn't believe it. IT WAS QUIET!! We have been running it for a week now and I am still amazed that it is running. In most cases, the only noise we hear is the water being pumped out the drain. We are very happy with the sound (or lack there of). So the next question is does it clean? It seems to clean at least as well as my old one, probably better in most cases. To keep it quiet, I think they reduced the pressure used to clean. I don't think the jets are as powerful so it may not be able to blast some more difficult dirt off. You still have to load the machine smartly and not pile a bunch of stuff on top of each other. If you don't, the jets will not get everything clean, but this is true for all machines. Overall at this time, we are very happy with the machine. The peace and quiet it has brought to our house will be greatly appreciated hopefully for many years to come. If you are looking for a quite machine, this is the one to get.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 26-Jul-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 12-Jul-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 19-Jul-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears! Offer ends 12-Jul-2014 See details.