Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212793000 | Model# 12793
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Powerful and Quiet
The quietest dishwasher Kenmore has ever made at only 39 decibels, this ENERGY STAR® Kenmore Elite built-in dishwasher 1279 lets you rest and relax while it does all the hard work. The combination of the 360-degree PowerWash™ Plus technology and TurboZone® with rotating spray jets attacks your greasiest and grimiest dishes. Don't worry about your large or odd-shaped pots and pans. The one-hand adjuster makes lifting the upper rack very easy. It also has an efficient UltraClean wash system that knows the exact amount of water and energy to use so you can save money on your utility bills.
- 39 dBA + Smart Dry + On Hand Adjuster
- 360° PowerWash Plus Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on April 17, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I got this dishwasher after reading reviews and looking at consumer reports. I had 3 issues with the design. 1. The knife holder is more trouble than it's worth. It gets caught if you have a longer knife. 2. The top rack single hand mechanism works part time. I spent more time trying to get the sides even instead of one up and one down. 3. After 3 days of using the washer the top rack stopped rolling out all the way. It had to do with the raising and lowering mechanism. I returned it and we'll see how the new dishwasher does. I'm not even going to try a second dishwasher of this model.
I am most pleased with the performance of this dishwasher. I have had it for about 2 months. It is so quiet, you can hardly tell it is running, and the dishes come out sparkling clean. I have not had any problem with the cleaning results. There are two minor negative features i have found: 1) the seam at the top edge of the door where the electronic controls traps crumbs from my countertop, and 2) the detergent door flips open and projects into the dishwasher during the cycle and you have to make sure you do not place a bulky item in front of it or it will not be able to open.
The Elite is extremely quiet and has many features. The easy sliding racks are one of my favorites. The powerful pot scrubbing jets are another. It does a very good job of cleaning all the dishes when correctly loaded. Quality dishwasher
Ann Arbor, MI
We have had this dishwasher for about 10 months now. It has been fabulous. Extremely quiet, looks good, inside and out and cleans dishes well. I've read other reviews about cleaning ability but I've never been one to put cached on food stuff in the dishwasher and have unreasonable expectations about the units' ability to clean them. We are very pleased. Also, the Sears contracted installer did an excellent job.
Hands down the best appliance I have ever owned. The sounds is barely audible and it cleans like nothing else. The inside of the tub is always spotless as are the dishes. We bought one for our old house and when we moved we bought another one for the new house because we couldn't go back to another dishwasher. The cycle status meter on the front is great since you cannot tell if it is running just by listening for it. It also conveniently answers the question "are the dishes clean or dirty" at a glance.
This dishwasher is so quiet. I love the read out telling me that it is complete, no need to guess if the dishes are clean anymore. The shelves glide like no other and adjust up and down for different size loads. Lovin it!
The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
Dishwasher is very quite! Nothing else works correctly. First dish washer failed after a few months and flooded the floor. Technician came out and flooded the floor again after replacing the wrong part. Whirlpool replaced the floor. I missed three days of work meeting tech to work and having the floor replaced. 2 months later dishwasher started making thumping noise a LOUD thumping noise. Tech arrived stated he could not wait 30 minutes to hear the noise and left. Dish washer was still making loud thumping noise. 4th DAY OF WORK MISSED. I took dishwasher out and returned to store and after telling manager my story they replaced with a new dishwasher. Replacement dishwasher, pretty much the same results as the first, almost a year before it flooded the floor. Repaired, still running BUT the top rack has now broken 3 of the 4 wheels that it rolls on $65 to replace and there is water pouring out of the right side of the door - a different place than the other water leaks. So instead of spending this Saturday with my family I am headed to the store to buy different dishwasher. There were a ton of good reviews on this dishwasher and one bad review that had the same problems as I did. Now I am wishing I had paid more attention to that poor ladies review.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Oct-2014 See details.
- $70 off Installation with purchase of a Kenmore dishwasher over $399. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 04-Oct-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% OFF with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- $25 Off Select Home Appliance Purchase Over $399 when you select FREE Store Pickup W/Code PICKUP Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.