Kenmore Elite 24'' Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless Steel ENERGY STAR®Item# 02212793000 | Model# 12793
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 24" Built-In Dishwasher - Powerful and Quiet
The quietest dishwasher Kenmore has ever made at only 39 decibels, this ENERGY STAR® Kenmore Elite built-in dishwasher 1279 lets you rest and relax while it does all the hard work. The combination of the 360-degree PowerWash™ Plus technology and TurboZone® with rotating spray jets attacks your greasiest and grimiest dishes. Don't worry about your large or odd-shaped pots and pans. The one-hand adjuster makes lifting the upper rack very easy. It also has an efficient UltraClean wash system that knows the exact amount of water and energy to use so you can save money on your utility bills.
- 39 dBA + Smart Dry + On Hand Adjuster
- 360° PowerWash Plus Technology uses an innovative spray arm to reach deep into corners and blast dishes clean from all angles, to quickly erase grease, food and leftover soap.
- TurboZone® with Rotating Spray Jets uses 6 pressurized spray nozzles to blast through tough, stuck-on residue and foods like lipstick, oatmeal, cheese and baked-on egg.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Powerful cleaning and energy savings in one, UltraClean blasts the toughest dirt and baked-on messes loose, while using less resources and energy than other heavy duty cycles.
- The SmartWash™ HE Cycle automatically adjusts water and energy use to the load size and degree of cleaning needed, helping save valuable resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
Added on April 17, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Generally a solid product. Overall - very satisfied - only a couple of nits. Cleans extremely well, and is reasonably easy to install once you've read the directions (I will read before first installation attempt next time...) (1) Top rack bearing retainer sleeve is a very poor/cheap plastic design - broke within one week of use. Sears was good about replacing it - but shouldn't have broken this quickly. (2) Top rack adjustable height/mounting mechanism is also a flimsy/cheap plastic design. Has not yet broken - but it is just a matter of time. Why design everything else so well and cheap out on two critical and frequently-used components? (3) Heating element runs MUCH too hot. Have lost a number of plastic (dishwasher-safe) dishes to warping and melting.
THIS DISHWASHER WAS BOUGHT FROM THE DEPTFORD NJ MALL AND INSTALLED ON 10-29-14 AND BROKE BY 11-29-14. NOW ITS 12-26-14 AND 2 REPAIR TECH VISITS LATER AND STILL BROKE. SEARS WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT TODAY BUT WAS CANCELLED BY THEM BECAUSE 1 OUT OF THE 3 NEW PARTS THEY ORDERED WERE NOT SHIPPED ON TIME. SO NOW I WILL BE WITHOUT A DISHWASHER FOR MORE THEN A MONTH. I ASKED FOR A REPLACEMENT BUT THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND EVEN THOUGH ITS STILL WITHIN MANUFACTURERS WARRANT. THIS ITEM WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW AND WAS VERY EXPENSIVE. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK. BUY A BOSCH ITS JUST AS QUIET AND LESS EXPENSIVE.
I have had this dishwasher for about 6 weeks now and it is working perfectly. We had a GE Profile that came with our house and hated having to scrub every last piece of food off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I probably read every single review that was posted before deciding to purchase this dishwasher. First of all it is super quiet. You literally can't hear it unless you put your ear right next to it. There were comments about the controls being sensitive, which is basically true. You will sometimes inadvertently push a button while closing the door, but not really that big of a deal although Sears should investigate fixing this. The other main comment was complaints about the racks having water pool on them and then getting the dry dishes wet again. I also experienced this, but after a few cycles it almost completely disappeared. Sears should consider modifying the designs of the plastic parts so that the water runs off of them better. Lastly, there was a comment about the side vent ruining the cabinet drawer. Personally, I can't understand how this could have happened. I put my hand up against the vent during the drying cycle and there was barely anything coming out of the vent. I was concerned about the review because I am used to traditional dishwashers that put out a lot of steam during drying. This dishwasher doesn't do that. Overall, I think this is a great dishwasher and look forward to using it for a long time to come. P.S. I used the turbo cycle to wash a baked on Tuna casserole dish and it came out spotless!!!!!!!
Very pleased with everything about this dishwasher. It cleans well, holds my large pots and pans, and even tells me what's going on in the digital display. It's a great choice.
We had this dishwasher for 1 year and 1 week and it started leaking. We purchased the extended warranty. Technician came out and needed to order 4 parts- one of them being the MOTOR. Similar to the comment posted by the other reviewer- the MOTOR is on backorder until December 26. By the time it arrives, it will be over a month without a dishwasher AND no dishwasher for the holidays. Apparently, not having a major appliance for an extended amount of time, especially during the holidays, is acceptable to Sears. What is their policy for stocking replacement parts? I requested a replacement dishwasher and was denied- a replacement requires MULTIPLE visits from a technician. Prior to this we had a builder-grade GE dishwasher that was 12 years old and still running. I would not recommend this dishwasher, or any products from Sears. The customer service is poor and they do not stand by their products.
I purchased this as part of my kitchen remodel and when it was finally installed it worked great. The dishes always come out clean after each use. Also it is so quiet, you do not even know it is going.
I love how quiet this dishwaser is. Also cleaningwise, it does a great job too. We cook oily indian stuff sometimes. With the turbo zone, it can clean that pretty well. Also, the top rack only washing feature is nice too. We save time and water if its just for two of us.
Redondo Beach, CA
After 3 months the pump on the dishwasher failed. Wow. So much for kemmore elite. I'll b with won't my diseases for over two weeks. Just a single gal washing a load or two a week. Not much love here for kenmore
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.