Kenmore Elite 24 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator - WhiteItem# 04678042000 | Model# 78042
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brand
The Kenmore Elite 78042 bottom-freezer refrigerator delivers more capacity in less space and features a swing-open freezer door. The design also includes a full-width gourmet pantry drawer so you can stock up for entertaining. Multi Air Flow technology keeps food fresh.
The white Kenmore Elite 7804 has adjustable shelves and door bins, including 2 split shelves and the Tilt-N-Store flip-up door bin, allow for flexible fridge arrangements. The 7804 also features 2-tier freezer organization and a convenient factory-installed icemaker.
- The 7804 refrigerator has so much space, no other 2-door bottom-freezer refrigerator has more capacity*
- The full-width door bin on the 7804 holds an impressive twenty-five 12-oz. cans making this refrigerator perfect for entertaining
- The 24" full-width gourmet pantry drawer has room for extra large items like veggie trays and party platters and has enough space to hold sixty-five 12-oz. packages of sliced cheese**
- With Multi Air Flow technology, strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator to maintain ideal temperatures in every nook and cranny to keep food fresh
- Both super-sized crisper bins feature humidity-control so produce stays fresh and less food is wasted
- Enjoy automatic ice that is always ready with the factory-installed icemaker
- ENERGY STAR® qualified so you save on energy costs
- The Tilt-N-Store door bin flips up and out of the way to create more vertical space to store taller items with ease, such as wine bottles and pitchers
- The swing-door freezer features a new, deluxe 2-tier drawer design that lets you organize frozen food in the top drawer and bulky items in the deep divided bin
*Among leading brands refrigerator capacity measured through Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) Standards.
**Using 12oz. American Cheese Singles 16 slice pkg.
Added on November 24, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Old frig died, and bought this online. Love that the ice sits in the freezer. The old one occasionally spat cubes out onto the floor, and the little flap would catch a cube and warm up the ice storage. Split shelves would have been better, as it's a trick to heft the gallon containers out of the door storage...I like to keep the milk in the coldest part of the frig. And I was surprised that our old frig died so fast, 14 yrs isn't very old.
The shelves in the refrigerator say they are split shelves, but they do NOT split. There is no door shelf in the freezer, as many other models have, but at least the description didn't say there was going to be a shelf.
This refrigerator is tall & big. It has deep roomy shelves that you have to reach far back to touch the back of the frig. Stores large platters easily. Wide door frig bins allow six packs of soda or bottles of any height . Dual digital temp controls for freezer & refrig with very bright illumination in both sections. Bottom freezer has a top shelf pullout with a lip on the front edge to prevent fallout. Bottom bin has a sectional slider divider that helps organize e.g. Pies/ from veg, fish, & even allows storage of tall to go soup containers too! This model is QUIET! TIP! Make sure you level your refrig. TURN OFF the annoying "open door alarm" & adjust the legs underneath to ensure the doors will gently swing closed on its own like a pneumatic arm- refer to the manual. At first I thought the shelving setup was awful until I adjusted it so the upper shelf was narrowest and the bottom was wider for milk cartons. I use the tallest shelf for infrequent items & love the accessibility of the frig on top! I use the wide pantry drawer for long veggies like celery, cux & carrots or sphaghetti noodles. BEST tip- from my old frig repairman...DO NOT BUY bottom freezer drawer models! Although popular & more models available-The door+drawer combo frames will bend over time so get the swing out door types bcuz they are more durable. they separate the door weight from the freezer drawer. A very logical & practical approach. Organize your stuff until the most usable items are front & center...plenty of room! Life is Good! Will write another update later. :)
Plenty of space in refrigerator section.The bottom freezer would be better if it had shelves. This is not a problem for me since I have an upright Kenmore free standing freezer. Do not listen to the owners manual about only using copper tubing for ice maker. The angle of the connection works best with a good lead free flex line. My copper connection would not seat correctly. Had to add my own water filter. Not sure why Kenmore did not include one. Overall, I am very happy with this unit.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
We needed to replace our 20 yr. old fridge 3 weeks ago. I did some online research and liked the features and price of the 20 cu. ft. version. I'm a visual gal so I needed to go to Sears to look at the fridges. The sales woman was very helpful and pointed out the 24 cu." was only a bit more. We love the bigger size, the light in the freezer, drawers and layout. It's quiet and works great.
Nice size and a nice variety of spaces and shelves including in the door. Love the freezer on the bottom as I use the refrigerator part more. That means a lot less bending over.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.