Kenmore Elite 22.1 cu. ft. Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator - Stainless SteelItem# 04678023000 | Model# 78023
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's #1 Refrigerator brand
The Kenmore Elite 78023 bottom-freezer refrigerator delivers more capacity in less space and features a swing-open freezer door. The design also includes a full-width gourmet pantry drawer so you can stock up for entertaining. Multi Air Flow technology keeps food fresh.
The stainless steel Kenmore Elite 7802 has adjustable shelves and door bins, including 2 split shelves and the Tilt-N-Store flip-up door bin, allow for flexible fridge arrangements. The 7802 also features 2-tier freezer organization and a convenient factory-installed icemaker.
- The 7802 Kenmore Elite fridge has space to store more drinks, snacks, fresh produce and more in a convenient, bottom-freezer design. No other 30" wide 2-door bottom freezer refrigerator has more capacity.*
- The full-width door bin holds an impressive twenty-one 12-oz. cans making this refrigerator perfect for entertaining
- The 22" full-width gourmet pantry drawer has room for extra large items like veggie trays and party platters and has enough space to hold sixty 12-oz. packages of sliced cheese**
- With Multi Air Flow technology, strategically placed vents distribute cool air evenly throughout the entire refrigerator to maintain ideal temperatures in every nook and cranny to keep food fresh
- Both super-sized crisper bins feature humidity-control so produce stays fresh and less food is wasted
- Enjoy automatic ice that is always ready with the factory-installed icemaker
- The Tilt-N-Store door bin flips up and out of the way to create more vertical space to store taller items with ease, such as wine bottles and pitchers
- The swing-door freezer features a new, deluxe 2-tier drawer design that lets you organize frozen food in the top drawer and bulky items in the deep divided bin
*Among leading brands refrigerator capacity measured through Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) Standards.
**Using 12oz. American Cheese Singles 16 slice pkg.
Added on November 24, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
I upgraded from a 1991 sears frig?I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and it looks so wonderful. Love the bottom freezer. I bought the polish at Sears to keep it looking showroom shiny. If you have a small space this frig is worth a look...
Perfect size for small spaces but has ample capacity in frig and freezer. Also very good shelving on door in frig an in freezer. Very happy with prodcut
It's exactly the right size for my family. Delivery was fast and efficient. Nice-looking addition to my kitchen.
I've had this refrigerator for several months now and am very happy with the purchase. It runs much quieter than my 30 y/o Frigidaire and has nice interior LED lights that make it look very modern. Pay attention to what style freezer door you're getting, as the cheaper options have a swing-open door with a plastic shelf that you pull out. Its not a terrible design, but a fair amount of space gets wasted and you end up with a smaller volume of usable freezer space. Having the fridge part on top is nice as I'm using that section much more often than the freezer and its nice to not be bending down each time.There is a "pantry drawer" below the fruit and vegetable drawers that can be used for storing larger platters, however this reduces the space above for the normal shelves. I ended up only using 2 of the large shelves as many of the items inside wouldn't fit with all 3 shelves installed. Overall, a good purchase that looks nice and performs well.
Saint Paul, MN
We paid $100 or so extra for stainless steel. While the front appears to be stainless steel (but magnets won't stick), the sides and top are battleship grey. White is a better choice unless the unit is enclosed on both sides. The refrigerators in the store are side-by-side and it never occurred to us to look at the sides.
We have a small opening for our refrigerator and this one fits great.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
The options for our 30 inch opening were extremely limited and the choices were not much different than the 10 yr old Amana we were replacing. I measured many times to make sure, and everything suggested that this would JUST fit. It did, and its a great, modern, high quality fridge. I couldn't find any other fridge of this quality. This one is made by LG. The stainless is not fingerproof but the prints easily wipe away with a damp cloth. The side open bottom freeze is what we wanted and is great, the inside space is huge. We've had it a month, I expect it to last, and its very quiet. WE broke our ice maker hose, no fault of the appliance or Sears, so that has never worked right. I expect it will be just fine after we replace it.
New Philadelphia, OH
Love my new refrig! As my husband and I get older, it is so much easier to have the refrigerator on the top and the freezer on the bottom. A little disappointed that I cannot put my magnets on the front door, but overall I'm very satisfied!!!!
Interestingly enough, though I write "Big, Good-Looking Refrigerator", this refrigerator was my second choice, after first attempting to fit my particular kitchen space with a Frigidaire model, which turned out to be 1/8" too wide. And though the cu.ft. of space in the Kenmore Elite is more than the Frigidaire, it still measures almost 3" less wide, and fits the space perfectly. Score one for good engineering. It's also a very handsome refrigerator in the stainless steel (or any other) finish, and features a roomy, bottom freezer. Has a cool, digital LED temperature panel at the top of the fridge compartment, so you always know at a glance what the actual temperature of the refrigerator & freezer sections are. Couldn't be happier with my purchase, and would recommend it to anyone whose kitchen space it fits.
Had one before and lasted over 12 years. Good quality and easy to use. New models have so many improvements. Includes the ice maker and door alarm so it will never stay open.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 20-Jun-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 20-Jun-2015 See details.
- Get 8-pack Washcloths for $2.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Members get $15 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-May-2015 See details.
- Get 10% More than the Cash Savings Back in a Gift Card When You Pay Regular Price Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase! Offer ends 01-Jul-2015 See details.