Kenmore Elite 20.6 cu. ft. Upright Freezer ENERGY STAR®Item# 04628099000 | Model# 28099
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite Upright Freezer – Storage in StyleOrganized to help you store more, this Kenmore Elite 2809 upright freezer easily accommodates large shopping lists. Loaded with smart features like specially designed temperature zones and rapid freezing, it tailors temperatures to suit your storage needs. Easily adjustable shelves help deliver customized organization, while electronic controls offer precision climate adjustment with just a touch. This Kenmore freezer brings dependable storage home.
- A spacious interior means better organization, easier access and more storage options, which makes this freezer perfect for pizzas, ice cream, fish, meats and bulk buys.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- A wide, narrow pizza shelf boosts organization by creating a spot specifically for pizzas and similarly shaped items like ice cream cakes and frozen entrees.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We are pleased with our upright freezer. It has excellent storage space with added items for separation of certain foods, even a special space for keeping ice cream at the right temperature--not too hard. The only thing I would mention otherwise is that it is noisy. We have it in the garage so the noise does not bother us, but it would be too noisy for the kitchen.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Lynn Haven, FL
The Kenmore upright 20.6 cu ft freezer was delivered as promised. The freezer and packaging were in excellent condition. Unpacking was a breeze as was the installation and start up. All instructions were clear and concise. The freezer cooled down quickly and has been working superbly. The layout of the shelving and dividers allow for the best use of space. Am extremely pleased with this purchase.
We have had this freezer for almost a year now and it's flawless performance is exactly what we expected. I highly recommend using the control lock, especially if you have children. We had originally planned on putting it in the basement so other reviews of it being on the loud side weren't a deterent. It isn't loud. It's the low hum you would expect from a frost free freezer and I've owned louder. I do wish I had purchased the stainless steel instead because it now sits in our kitchen. It's just so handy having it right there. Even with it not matching the rest of our appliances, it's sleek appearance looks just fine and an added benefit to it not being stainles is the kids can use their magnets on it. We are very pleased with it and all of our Kenmore Elite appliances that were purchased for our entire kitchen at the same time. I would do it again.
My only comment (not a complaint, but a suggestion) is that I have no real need for the Soft-Freeze Zone. It is too small to accommodate a standard 1/2 gallon of ice cream, and takes up space that could be used by other items at the same temperature as the rest of the freezer contents.
I bought a Kenmore 11 cubic ft freezer 20 years ago and it's still going strong. But I need more space now and this 20 footer is just the ticket! It is a bit loud, but it is also a behemoth! I haven't stuffed it yet, but it will be used. I wish it had plastic feet on the back as it scratched my floor sliding it into position. But so far, it looks great and fits in with all the other black appliances. I may have to spray paint that old freezer so it blends in now. :-)
Great Falls, MT
Looks very nice as we wanted as a show piece as well as its main job to freeze food. We had a manual defrost which was a lot of work to clean out the ice sometimes a few times a year. We have teenagers and they would not always shut the door properly. Hence you have to defrost more often. Now we have an alarm for this built right into our new freezer. This freezer does not run all the time like our old one of 10 years did. It is saving us time and money. There are a lot of storage option in this freezer too. I think it needs a couple of more bins in the door for smaller things like freezer raspberry jam that we make. We will probably just order another one or two from sears. We got it on sale so there is good value on a good looking freezer. Only one problem so far. We unpacked it and there was a small dent in the door. Check the package for any damage at all as marks will show up on the stainless steel
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 21-Mar-2014 See details.