Kenmore Elite 20.6 cu. ft. Upright Freezer ENERGY STAR®Item# 04628093000 | Model# 28093
Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.
While supplies last
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite Upright Freezer – Storage in StyleOrganized to help you store more, this Kenmore Elite 2809 upright freezer easily accommodates large shopping lists. Loaded with smart features like specially designed temperature zones and rapid freezing, it tailors temperatures to suit your storage needs. Easily adjustable shelves help deliver customized organization, while electronic controls offer precision climate adjustment with just a touch. This Kenmore freezer brings dependable storage home.
- A spacious interior means better organization, easier access and more storage options, which makes this freezer perfect for pizzas, ice cream, fish, meats and bulk buys.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- A wide, narrow pizza shelf boosts organization by creating a spot specifically for pizzas and similarly shaped items like ice cream cakes and frozen entrees.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
Added on June 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Ocean Shores, WA
love the freezer but thought that when it was delivered they were going to remove all the wrapping and put shelves in along with leveling the freezer. all they did it take it out of the box and plug it in. My husband at 81 had to do all the rest as I was at work.
This freezer has lots of options for storage on the door as well as in bins and shelves, making it easy to customize for my family. I love the temperature display on the door, and having the alarms. We tend to keep a freezer full, and wouldn't want to lose all that food because we didn't realize there was a problem.
This is the second time I bought this and so far it held up well. The bottom basket broke but that may be because I overstuffed it or was too rough with it.I had the first fridge for 2 years and I sold it instead of taking it across the country. When I looked into upright freezers again, I bought the same one. I don't use the extra dividers enclosed. I find they take up more space than help with organization. But everything else works great so far into the 3rd year of owning this freezer again.
I have had this freezer since october of 2013 and I absolutely love it. It is huge and very attractive. I love the glass shelves and the ice cream door keeps the ice cream really soft. I really like the door alarm and I am surprised that I can hear it in my bedroom, although both are on the same level. I've never had a problem with it.
I had a large chest freezer that needed replacing and chose an upright this time. The freezer is very spacious. I was able to organize the space so much better. When deciding on which model at the store, I am glad we chose this model for the extras, glass shelving, pizza storage, full and organized door shelves. In the instruction packet it said that the noise volume could be loud, it has not been too loud. It freezes fast and well. I like the display on the ourside of the freezer telling the temp too. I would recommend this freezer.
Got it today and really like all the storage options. Glass shelves are a real plus and the basket retainers work in this freezer. Very pleased with the options for setting up the freezer. Proper installation is required to prevent compressor to run long. After 6 hours of running, I checked the manual for setup and then the freezer It was too close to the wall in back and requires at least 3 inches of space for air flow. I set it to 3.5 inches and the compressor stopped running shortly afterwards. Also, the freezer wasn't leveled by the book and I leveled it to 1/2 bubble high in the front so the door will close automatically. Those two changes stopped the compressor from running. Mine is in the laundry room and I would not put this freezer in a living space where the noise can be heard. It shouldn't run that much, but it could be annoying if it runs because the proper spacing for ventilation is not used. Really glad I picked this one as it only uses $73 bucks a year of electricity. Very low.
I love this freezer. It's got great shelving. The alarms are great (especially with young children). The size is perfect for our family of 5. My intent is to use it for meat and vegetables. I love the soft freeze zone in the door. It's perfect for ice cream and butter.. Highly recommend this product!
We are pleased with our upright freezer. It has excellent storage space with added items for separation of certain foods, even a special space for keeping ice cream at the right temperature--not too hard. The only thing I would mention otherwise is that it is noisy. We have it in the garage so the noise does not bother us, but it would be too noisy for the kitchen.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.