Kenmore Elite 20.6 cu. ft. Upright Freezer ENERGY STAR®Item# 04628092000 | Model# 28092
Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.
While supplies last
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite Upright Freezer – Storage in Style
Organized to help you store more, this Kenmore Elite 2809 upright freezer easily accommodates large shopping lists. Loaded with smart features like specially designed temperature zones and rapid freezing, it tailors temperatures to suit your storage needs. Easily adjustable shelves help deliver customized organization, while electronic controls offer precision climate adjustment with just a touch. This Kenmore freezer brings dependable storage home.
- A spacious interior means better organization, easier access and more storage options, which makes this freezer perfect for pizzas, ice cream, fish, meats and bulk buys.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- A wide, narrow pizza shelf boosts organization by creating a spot specifically for pizzas and similarly shaped items like ice cream cakes and frozen entrees.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I paid about $200 more for the stainless steel version and I must say that I feel a bit ripped off. Only the door is stainless and the rest is black. Not very elegant. The door is rather nice though and has a gentle curve. The device is noisy when it is running (60% of the time I'd guess) and for some reason the back of it rattles. When I push against the back, it does not rattle. Maybe a loose backside. Inside, it is truly spacious, but the drawers definitely lack. They are barely drawers, more like baskets that you can slide. And because if the poor design, they get caught on the sides when you open them. Is it a big deal? Well I don't want to spend extra time fighting the drawer, so this is a definite ding on this fridge. Soft-freeze zone barely works. Items in there are not soft and the door to it is hard to open. When it opens, it swings all the way down and is just sort of awkward all around. Controls are great and it got down to zero degrees at incredible speed. I haven't seen any frost and it is keeping our food cold. I would be satisfied if this was the ~$600 version and not the ~$800 version. Maybe they should also upgrade the baskets and interior/exterior styling on this higher end device.
Saint Paul, MN
I needed to replace an older chest freezer and wanted the upright for ease of access. I am very pleased with the elite 20.6 for it's overall appearance and for the options of arrangement of food inside. I was amazed at how quickly it reached the zero degree temp.
We wanted a quality freezer and found this to fit our needs best. We are excited to have an alarm on the freezer as last year our old freezer was left ajar and we lost all our food. This freezer is also frostless and our old freezer would build up ice....which also was part of the cause of the door being left ajar.
Morgan City, LA
Very quiet. Maintains temperature extremely well. Recently lost power for 20 hours, freezer temperature only came up to 10 degrees, when the power returned. Display also blinked 36 hours maintain temp. I believe it would have keep our food frozen for that long not opening it.
Ocean Shores, WA
love the freezer but thought that when it was delivered they were going to remove all the wrapping and put shelves in along with leveling the freezer. all they did it take it out of the box and plug it in. My husband at 81 had to do all the rest as I was at work.
This freezer has lots of options for storage on the door as well as in bins and shelves, making it easy to customize for my family. I love the temperature display on the door, and having the alarms. We tend to keep a freezer full, and wouldn't want to lose all that food because we didn't realize there was a problem.
This is the second time I bought this and so far it held up well. The bottom basket broke but that may be because I overstuffed it or was too rough with it.I had the first fridge for 2 years and I sold it instead of taking it across the country. When I looked into upright freezers again, I bought the same one. I don't use the extra dividers enclosed. I find they take up more space than help with organization. But everything else works great so far into the 3rd year of owning this freezer again.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.