Kenmore Elite 20.6 cu. ft. Upright Freezer ENERGY STAR®Item# 04628092000 | Model# 28092
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite Upright Freezer – Storage in Style
Organized to help you store more, this Kenmore Elite 2809 upright freezer easily accommodates large shopping lists. Loaded with smart features like specially designed temperature zones and rapid freezing, it tailors temperatures to suit your storage needs. Easily adjustable shelves help deliver customized organization, while electronic controls offer precision climate adjustment with just a touch. This Kenmore freezer brings dependable storage home.
- A spacious interior means better organization, easier access and more storage options, which makes this freezer perfect for pizzas, ice cream, fish, meats and bulk buys.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- A wide, narrow pizza shelf boosts organization by creating a spot specifically for pizzas and similarly shaped items like ice cream cakes and frozen entrees.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Got it today and really like all the storage options. Glass shelves are a real plus and the basket retainers work in this freezer. Very pleased with the options for setting up the freezer. Proper installation is required to prevent compressor to run long. After 6 hours of running, I checked the manual for setup and then the freezer It was too close to the wall in back and requires at least 3 inches of space for air flow. I set it to 3.5 inches and the compressor stopped running shortly afterwards. Also, the freezer wasn't leveled by the book and I leveled it to 1/2 bubble high in the front so the door will close automatically. Those two changes stopped the compressor from running. Mine is in the laundry room and I would not put this freezer in a living space where the noise can be heard. It shouldn't run that much, but it could be annoying if it runs because the proper spacing for ventilation is not used. Really glad I picked this one as it only uses $73 bucks a year of electricity. Very low.
I love this freezer. It's got great shelving. The alarms are great (especially with young children). The size is perfect for our family of 5. My intent is to use it for meat and vegetables. I love the soft freeze zone in the door. It's perfect for ice cream and butter.. Highly recommend this product!
We are pleased with our upright freezer. It has excellent storage space with added items for separation of certain foods, even a special space for keeping ice cream at the right temperature--not too hard. The only thing I would mention otherwise is that it is noisy. We have it in the garage so the noise does not bother us, but it would be too noisy for the kitchen.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Lynn Haven, FL
The Kenmore upright 20.6 cu ft freezer was delivered as promised. The freezer and packaging were in excellent condition. Unpacking was a breeze as was the installation and start up. All instructions were clear and concise. The freezer cooled down quickly and has been working superbly. The layout of the shelving and dividers allow for the best use of space. Am extremely pleased with this purchase.
We have had this freezer for almost a year now and it's flawless performance is exactly what we expected. I highly recommend using the control lock, especially if you have children. We had originally planned on putting it in the basement so other reviews of it being on the loud side weren't a deterent. It isn't loud. It's the low hum you would expect from a frost free freezer and I've owned louder. I do wish I had purchased the stainless steel instead because it now sits in our kitchen. It's just so handy having it right there. Even with it not matching the rest of our appliances, it's sleek appearance looks just fine and an added benefit to it not being stainles is the kids can use their magnets on it. We are very pleased with it and all of our Kenmore Elite appliances that were purchased for our entire kitchen at the same time. I would do it again.
My only comment (not a complaint, but a suggestion) is that I have no real need for the Soft-Freeze Zone. It is too small to accommodate a standard 1/2 gallon of ice cream, and takes up space that could be used by other items at the same temperature as the rest of the freezer contents.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 01-Jun-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 03-May-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $299 and over Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.