Kenmore Elite 16.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer ENERGY STAR®Item# 04628712000 | Model# 28712
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Elite 16.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer - Stylish and Functional
Style meets function with the many features of the Kenmore upright freezer 2871. It offers a quick freeze function that preserves your foods quickly, along with a soft freeze zone to keep your staple foods slightly warmer for faster consumption. Convenient door ajar and high temperature alarms alert you visibly and audibly to prevent spoilage, and a control lockout function prevents rising temperatures from compromising your food. The exterior of this upright freezer offers easy-to-read controls which display the temperature and operation status, and its frost-free design eliminates the need for manual defrosting.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- A wide, narrow pizza shelf boosts organization by creating a spot specifically for pizzas and similarly shaped items like ice cream cakes and frozen entrees.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
- With a bright LCD display and easy access, the external control panel puts temperature settings, alarm status and more within reach
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this freezer to replace my 38 year old upright Whirlpool Freezer, still working but not so energy efficient or frost free. Fits right in the old space in my kitchen and the freezer looks great and stays cold. The delivery guys couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. My only problem is the noise. It is even lauder than my old unit. It runs for over 20 minutes every hour. The temperature seems to stay constant so why does it run so long and so laud? I was almost tempted to bring my old unit back in. I bought a supper quiet Kitchen Aid dishwasher and a quiet Samsung Refrigerator but now I am stuck with this laud thing. So unless it is going in your garage I would not ever buy this unit.
Chino Hills, CA
I have been looking at this model for about a month. It has glass shelves, and racks on the door which can be moved up or down. It also has a pizza rack below the top shelf. I bought this last week before Christmas. It was a floor model clearance. It was only $412.00 and it is in pristine shape. It took me about 30 seconds to make up my mind. Since I brought it home on it's side, I let it sit for a few days before plugging it in to let the compressor oil drain back down. This is a must! After leveling it out in my downstairs bedroom/ computer room, I plugged it in and read the instructions, and set it on 0. After 35 minutes, it's down to 21 degrees from 73 degrees. It has a faint hum, and is not louder than my refrigerator when it's running. I haven't put any food in yet, but I a totally happy so far. When it reaches 0, and shuts off, I will see how long it takes before it runs again. I cannot hear it running in my family room which is next to the bedroom. So far LOVE IT!
Kenmore Elite 16.7 cu. ft. model# 4628712 Read instruction. Cleaned and then plugged in, temp down to 0 in about 2 hour. Set up in house, so never new how much they run and how loud they can be. After a few adjustments in location, 4"+ air space is better, we slept very well. Freezer in room next to bedroom. Very impressive inside with plenty of light, space and adjustments. No guessing on temp, it's on the outside of door. Energy Star a ++. The 3-year In-Home Master Protection Agreement is awesome make sure you read and add it to order. It covers everything right down to food lose and total equipment replacement. A must!!! Make sure to check out Energy rebates for your area, we saved an extra $70.00.
We needed a small frost free freezer for our air conditioned garage and thought this would be a good basic one. The unit ran extremely noisy and the sides and top were hot. We returned it for a slightly larger Kenmore with the Energy Star. Customer Service was very helpful and prompt on our exchange.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 29-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.