Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Height w/Legs Extended (In.):||34.63|
|Height w/Legs Retracted (In.):||34.13|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Drawer Handle:||Silver finish|
|Bin Release:||Side Release|
|Compactor Type:||Under Counter|
|Cycle Time (sec.):||27|
|Drawer Opener Type:||Foot pedal|
|Number of Bags Included:||2|
|Odor Control System:||Yes|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|General Warranty:||1 Year Limited|
|Power and Performance:|
|Compaction Ratio:||5:1 - 80% volume reduction|
|Motor Power:||1/3 hp|
Ratings & Reviews
This undercounter built-in trash compactor has a compression ratio of 5:1 and reduces trash volume up to 80%. Other features include a side-release bin, convenient drawer opener pedal, and rear levelers. Built-in installation with fully integrated controls will add a sleek look to your kitchen.
- Reduce trash by up to 80% - A 5:1 compaction ratio means fewer trips taking out the trash
- Compress bulky trash with ease - The 1.4 cu. ft. capacity provides enough space to compress large or bulky trash items
- Convenient operation - With the toe bar drawer opener, you can open and close the compactor easily, even if your hands are full
- Easy-to-use side release bin - This trash compactor can be emptied from the side to reduce back strain and spills
- Durable construction - This compactor is constructed of welded steel with a zinc-coated interior, which prevents misalignment and helps minimize vibration
- A seamless look for your kitchen - Fully integrated console hides the controls to create a clean, modern look
Added on January 13, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very nice compactor. Looks excellent. Difficult to keep clean on exterior dealing with smudges and such, poor design of internal pull-out (the plastic component with the strings that lift the actual filled bag out). However, it is an extremely good compactor and worth every penny it costs. Have previously owned Whirlpool Gold Compactor, and this one is at least equivalent if not better.
Kansas City, KS
Purchased the new compactor after my 30 old one died. It is much easier to open then the old one, the front door has changed but the rest is the same. Why change a good product. I love using a compactor it is so green. I went through 6 large garbage bags while waiting on the new compator. My family of 4 uses only 1 compactor bag a week, what a savings. I upgraded from a bag front to stainless steel and was happy surpised that the fingerprints really don't show.
Failed 3 times in two year. $100, $300 repairs. Third time was another $300 repair so I said screw it and threw it out. If you buy this unit, buy the extended warranty. Really sad that Kenmore produces such junk.
It looks pretty but it belongs in the trash. I lasted 1.5 years with very little use. Why would the main components be made with plastic parts? To fail, Sears lost my business. Don't waste your money.
San Jose, CA
We purchased the Kenmore Elite trash compactor. After 3 years, parts began to break. The parts are not able to be replaced because they were not originally made strong enough. So be prepared to replace this appliance every three years or so.
Nevada City, CA
We initially bought the Stainless Steel, but the finish is very different from Bosch Stainless Steel, so we traded into the black & more expensive model as the first one was also flimsy. I think this is pretty flimsy too, and do not expect it to last. Securing bag inside is awkward and door does not open smartly. I like the hidden key feature - so kids don't turn it on or take the key and lose it.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 08-Nov-2014 See details.