Kenmore Bagged Extra-Suction Canister Vacuum CleanerItem# 02024196000 | Model# 24196
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cord Length (Feet):||16|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||14.0|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Bag or Bagless:||Bag|
|Filter Type:||Micro Filtration|
|Recommended Floor Type:||Carpet & Bare Floor|
|Attachment Type(s):||Crevice, Dusting|
|Bag Item Number:||02053278000|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum - Superior Cleaning
Cleaning floors and furniture is now a simple process with the Kenmore Progressive canister vacuum. A 2-motor system, retractable cord storage, Stair Grip and variable speed settings make carpet and bare floor cleaning a cinch. This vacuum's true HEPA filter keeps pet dander and dust out of the air so you can breathe easy. From the 7-foot hose that swivels 360 degrees and reaches the highest surfaces to the Horsehair dusting brush for fine wooden furniture and floors, this vacuum has the tools to get the job done.
- Powerful suction pulls dirt from deep within carpeting, rugs and upholstery, while providing enough airflow to make cleaning hard surfaces a breeze.
- The 360-degree swivel hose eliminates twisting and tangling, so you have the flexibility you need for a deep clean in any direction.
- The LED electronic indicator lets you know when the dust bag is full or the hose is clogged, so you can fix it quickly and get back to cleaning.
- Ideal for all types of cleaning, the variable speed control lets you adjust the vacuuming speed based on the amount of dust and dirt you're picking up.
- Designed to slip easily into tight spaces, the crevice tool rapidly cleans cracks, corners and in-between couch cushions, while the brush tool lightly agitates dirt from surfaces.
Added on April 12, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this July 2014 and it is terrible! It scratches my floors and leaves a black residue on them and now 4 months later the bottom metal frame is broke. I would not recommend this especially if you have to clean your floors daily.
Goose Creek, SC
Works ok although the chemical odor is still there when operating the vacuum 2 years later. Good luck finding bags. Sears had no bags in the store when I bought the vacuum and they were also out of stock online. 2 years later they are still out of stock. NOBODY is selling bags that fit this vacuum.
There is no suction at all with this canister vacuum. And it is sold as "extra-suction". I purchased the warranty and 3 year replacement and can assure you that it will be returned. It was purchased as a gift and I'm embarrassed that I need to return/replace it.
The description for this vacuum states that it is a "True HEPA" filter. It is NOT! There are no HEPA filters in the unit and there are none available separately. Even the exhaust filters 85005 are not available through the parts system at Sears. The unit is described in the parts system as "Disposable". Don't buy it if you want good HEPA filtration.
I don't like the floor tool at all. I wish you had stayed with the original floor tool. The Kenmore canister I bought from Sears was blue and was a little more compact and it had strong suction. It also used the "I bag". That floor tool was perfect, at least for me. I don't like the metal on the bottom or the fact that I have to clean the bristles constantly. Change it back. I should've of brought it back but I needed something right away. Better yet I'm going to a vacuum repair shop to find a floor tool I can fit to this one, if I can find the extensions then I'm sure I'll find the floor tool.
This vacuum is very lightweight and suction seems to be good. It was easy to put together following instructions in booklet. I find it a bit hard to move the vacuum back & forth. Have only used it twice since I got it, so really can't tell. Very compact & all parts are working. Was very satisfied with price and with delivery. I got it the next day. Only reason not 5 stars is I could not locate bags for this vacuum - they should be indicated with item so you know you are getting the correct bag. I had to contact Customer Service. So far I'm pleased with product & service.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.