Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Cabinet Depth (in.):||14.57|
|Cabinet Height (in.):||30.28|
|Cabinet Width (in.):||14.72|
|Energy Efficiency Rating:||8.9|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Kilowatt Hrs. per Year:||-|
|24 Hour Timer:||Yes|
|Cord Length (ft.):||5.94|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Room Coverage in Sq. Ft.:||350|
|Window Kit Included:||Yes|
|Power and Performance:|
|Maximum Air Flow (CFM):||250|
|No. of Cooling Speeds:||2|
|No. of Fan Only Speeds:||2|
|Rated Amps (Receptacle):||15|
|Sound Level (Decibels):||57.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner - Powerful Cooling in a Small Package
The sleek, smart, easy to read controls and electronic display make everyday use and programming of the Kenmore portable air conditioner 8408 a breeze. Create energy-saving comfort or simply recirculate your room's air. This portable A/C unit comfortably cools an area of up to 350 sq. ft. Settings such as cool, dry, fan only, or automatic mode allow you to maintain your ideal comfort zone. The remote control feature allows you to control the A/C unit from wherever you are—a nice perk for those lazy, hot summer afternoons. The 24-hour timer and sleep mode shuts the unit off, so that energy isn't wasted when the air conditioner isn't needed. To keep the unit operating properly, the included window venting kit must be installed to exhaust hot air out of the room. This Kenmore portable A/C unit may be small, but it can cool your space perfectly.
- 2 cooling and 2 fan speeds help keep your room's air circulating and at just the right temperature
- Four settings (powerful cooling, fan, dry and auto) allow you to set the comfort level to your preference
- Sleep mode gradually adjusts room temperature for comfort and energy savings
- 24-hour on/off timer keeps things cool on your schedule
- Unit automatically restarts in the event of a power interruption and remembers all settings
- Temperature sensor automatically changes the operation mode to maintain the room's comfort
- Efficiently cools a 300-350 sq. ft. room (approx. 15 ft. x 20 ft.)
- The included quick-install kit fits windows up to 48.43 in. wide
- Kenmore portable A/C units use the more efficient and eco-friendly R410A refrigerant
Added on June 25, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Gabriel, CA
i bought this portable a/c on summer. the a/c did pretty good job. its really keep my room cool all night. but the machine its pretty noisy. guess, all the portable a/c is pretty. on the other thing, u have to find the floor is really flat to keep out the noise. otherwise the machine will be pretty noisy when u place on the unflat floor.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product. The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
San Diego, CA
I bought this portable air conditioner in the beginning of September 2014 and it has worked great under light usage. The unit is quite and effectively cools a 300ish square foot room. The unit hasn't leaked from the condenser yet and is fairly easy to move from one room to another. The only downside I have seen so far is the exhaust port window fitting. It is about 5 foot fully extended, this works well in every room but my living room. I used some plexiglass to block the gap leftover. Easy setup and controls. Electric bill was noticeably affected but it made the family more comfortable. All in all great purchase.
I am pleased with my purchase of the Kenmore portable air conditioner. The unit has good cooling power, is relatively quiet , and seems to be well made. Installation was very easy. I have used Sears Kenmore products for years, and have never been disappointed.
I Bought this unit for my small room ,about 120 sq ft. During Summer time in Hawaii, it does a decent job cooling My room during night time. Unfortunately when it's noon time the AC couldn't make my room to cool up; my 2 fans plus a ceiling fan didn't help much .. I was still drenched in sweat. Also considering the hottest weather in Hawaii goes only up to 90s, unlike the mainland which goes up to more than 100+ It has a nice modern design but not strong enough for Hawaii Summer weather.
Very easy to set up, user friendly, get cold very fast, not too loud, nice looks, self evaporating condensation huge plus. Too new to know if it will last long. Good value for money.
my heat pump went out; waiting for a part because its a 14 year old unit; had to buy this portable AC in a hurry; glad I picked this Kenmore. Just like all my other Kenmore products, it works great. Going to purchase another one for the bedroom.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.