|Depth with Door Closed (in.):||28.0|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||50.75|
|Dryer Interior Size:||6.0 cu.ft. - 6.9 cu.ft.|
|Height to Top of Cabinet:||43.375|
|Height to Top of Control Panel:||43.375|
|Dryer Power Source:||220/240V Electric|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||30 amps|
|Setup and Venting:|
|Venting (facing dryer):||Back (Standard)|
|Check Lint Screen Light:||No|
|Dryer Door Access:||Reversible|
|Includes Dry Rack:||No|
|Number of Dryness Levels:||3|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Remote Diagnostics:||No Remote Diagnostics|
|Stackable with Matching Unit:||No|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Dry Cycles:||Air Dry Cycle, Normal Dry Cycle|
|Cycle Status Lights:||No|
|Delay Start Option:||No|
|Timed Dry Option:||Yes|
|Matching Stack Kit:||N/A|
|Matching Washer Model:||20022|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 6.5 cu. ft. Electric Dryer - Better Fabric Care
This Kenmore 6.5 cu. ft. electric dryer 6140 was designed to protect the life of your clothing while making laundry a more quick, convenient task for you. Features like Auto Dry, which automatically shut off the moment clothes are dry, offer better fabric care by protecting clothing from overdrying and reducing the likelihood of shrinkage. The air-only option and three dryness settings let you fluff clothing and prevent delicates from overheating. Get better fabric care at home with this Kenmore electric dryer.
- Medium range capacity gives this dryer the power of some bigger machines, allowing it to deliver features that fluff, finish and dry your fabrics to perfection.
- Auto dry cycles use an integrated thermostat to control temperatures and sense when fabrics are dry to help eliminate heat damage and take the guesswork out of drying.
- Air-only dry cycles reduce heat damage to delicate fabrics while evaporating moisture and gently tumbling them dry.
- An integrated side-swing reversible dryer door helps you customize your laundry room by positioning the door to open closest to the washer for faster loading and more convenience.
Added on April 14, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've had a Kenmore electric dryer for only eight months and was surprised the see the paint peeling off the top. The white dryer looks horrible since underneath the paint is dark. Sears representative says it is a "cosmetic" issue. In short, the warranty won't cover, not will they do anything to fix the issue.
I purchased this dryer because I thought my dryer had gone out on me. I wanted to buy a more expensive model with more options but my roommate wanted cheap and basic for now. Considering she does all the laundry, I let her have her way. Fortunately for me, it turns out my dryer was fine and I never used this one. I turned it on once to see if my wiring problem was fixed and I was shocked by how noisy and loud an empty dryer was. The back panel with the controls on it was loose, it was dented when removed from the box and was amazingly crappy built. I understand it was the cheapest model of Kenmore but still, Kenmore should be better built. I am returning it tomorrow unused.
Purchased this dryer a year ago. Works very well. No light on the inside. It's louder than most dryers and sits low to the ground. Other than those pesky negatives, i really like it.
Valley Stream, NY
Federal Way, WA
Bought this dryer to replace our 15 year old dryer that finally gave up. Very affordable and does the job! Clothes are dry very quick requires no skill to operate the dryer! Definitely recommenced!
This dryer is great and simple to use. I just got my new dryer hooked up. Its a basic dryer with the time dry, auto and air options. It gets the clothes dried quickly.
Colorado Springs, CO
the dryer was extremely cheap i dont know where you can get a major appliance for $300. helps to buy the hardware with it but you need to make sure that the dryer cord fits with the outlet that you have
This dryer is good for those who need a stable & basic dryer. It has few good options of auto-turn-off when drying is complete, thus saving some power. The dryer itself is very powerful and have large capacity. I would definitely recommend this dryer.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.