Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range w/ True Convection - Stainless SteelItem# 02294243000 | Model# 94243
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||48.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 21" H x 19.5" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.8|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Safety Features:||Auto Oven Shutoff|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: radiant glass surface|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||4000|
|Main Oven Bake Element Wattage:||3500|
|Main Oven Convection Element Wattage:||350|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||40 amps|
|Total Connected Load:||15.5kW @ 240V / 12kW @ 208V|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Element Configuration:||Two 6" 1200W; 9" 3200W; 12"/9"/6" triple 3000W/2000W/1200W; 100W warm zone|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||3|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range - More Even Baking
The Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. electric range 9424 offers faster cooktop heating with 5 heating elements that can easily be adjusted for different sized pots and pans. The Turbo Boil Flex feature brings water to a boil more quickly than traditional elements, while the warming zone allows you to simmer and keep cooked food warm until ready to serve. The spacious oven unit features more even and consistent baking with its true convection style heating method, using a fan and hidden element to cycle hot air through the whole space. A variable broiler lets you capture that perfect brown for meats and veggies.
- True Convection combines a powerful fan with a hidden heating element to spread heat evenly, helping bake, brown and crisp everything from turkeys and roasts to brownies and pies.
- The Turbo Boil FLEX element combines a single high and low wattage element to deliver rapid heat and slow warming so you can warm, boil and simmer without moving the pot.
- The triple ring element delivers 1,200-3,000 Watts of power and matches its heat source to 6-, 9- and 12-inch cookware, giving you quick, even heating that saves time and energy.
- The variable broiler lets you set the broiler anywhere between 350 degrees and full broil, for a wide range of meats, melts and meals.
- Durable and sleek, the ceramic glass cooktop adds a modern look to the kitchen while cleaning spills easily, fending off scrapes and avoiding damage from dropped utensils.
Added on July 10, 2013
Overall, others give this:
I love the warming center. But it is nonsense to put the TWO biggest burners in the front. When stirring smaller pans and boiling large pots (for example, boiling noodles with simmering the sauce) you must reach over the boiling pot to stir the back smaller pans-such an aggravation and my arm gets hot! Secondly, the oven preheats very VERY slowly. It alternates the top element then the bottom element. You absolutely cannot put your food in the oven before it reaches the ****** temperature for it will scorch the top, or the bottom in the slow, oh so slow, preheating phase!
Nice look to it, good features. Confusion when first using broiler and oven forces reading the instruction manual. Burners heat very quickly. An OK product.
We were very disappointed when this range was delivered,we noticed it had two deep scratch's on the bottom drawer, plus the edges of the drawer were extremely SHARP! This is a real hazzard especially if you have small children, they could easily cut off their fingers.The outside edges of the oven are also VERY sharp! Plus the stainless bottom edge on the window was gapping out a bit, again very sharp and a place food and liquids could run down, just made so cheaply!. Sears did exchange the oven with a new one but shortly after that one was delivered I cut my middle finger quite deep on the bottom drawer even after being very careful putting the pans in. The bottom drawer is made so cheaply, doesn't slide nice and to cut corners the edges are not covered or bent so they are very sharp.We have decided to return this range and get a KitchenAide-KERS202BSS which is only a couple hundred more, which is much more solid and has great reviews. I guess you get what you pay for! I plan on writing a letter to Kenmore because we believe this product should be removed from the market as it is UNSAFE! Please do not buy this oven, you will be very disappointed and we don't want this to happen to anyone else!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.
- BONUS DAYS! Extra 5% or 0% financing for 12 months on appliances over $499 with your Sears Card Offer ends 24-Jul-2014 See details.
- Extra Savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears! Offer ends 26-Jul-2014 See details.