Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range w/ True Convection - WhiteItem# 02294242000 | Model# 94242
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||48.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 21" H x 19.5" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.8|
|Color and Styling:|
|Safety Features:||Auto Oven Shutoff|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: radiant glass surface|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||4000|
|Main Oven Bake Element Wattage:||3500|
|Main Oven Convection Element Wattage:||350|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||40 amps|
|Total Connected Load:||15.5kW @ 240V / 12kW @ 208V|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Element Configuration:||Two 6" 1200W; 9" 3200W; 12"/9"/6" triple 3000W/2000W/1200W; 100W warm zone|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||3|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range - More Even Baking
The Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. electric range 9424 offers faster cooktop heating with 5 heating elements that can easily be adjusted for different sized pots and pans. The Turbo Boil Flex feature brings water to a boil more quickly than traditional elements, while the warming zone allows you to simmer and keep cooked food warm until ready to serve. The spacious oven unit features more even and consistent baking with its true convection style heating method, using a fan and hidden element to cycle hot air through the whole space. A variable broiler lets you capture that perfect brown for meats and veggies.
- True Convection combines a powerful fan with a hidden heating element to spread heat evenly, helping bake, brown and crisp everything from turkeys and roasts to brownies and pies.
- The Turbo Boil FLEX element combines a single high and low wattage element to deliver rapid heat and slow warming so you can warm, boil and simmer without moving the pot.
- The triple ring element delivers 1,200-3,000 Watts of power and matches its heat source to 6-, 9- and 12-inch cookware, giving you quick, even heating that saves time and energy.
- The variable broiler lets you set the broiler anywhere between 350 degrees and full broil, for a wide range of meats, melts and meals.
- Durable and sleek, the ceramic glass cooktop adds a modern look to the kitchen while cleaning spills easily, fending off scrapes and avoiding damage from dropped utensils.
Added on July 10, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
We had an old electric range and were pleasantly surprised by the features on this new model. The true convection feature works nicely to cook faster. I love the turbo boil feature that really heats up water fast.
The controls are easy to reach and operate and understand. The burners on the glass top heat up fast and work good. This model has a warming drawer which was very nice when making Christmas dinner. The oven seems to cook evenly, the broiler worked great. The true test will be when we make a cake, which always seemed to fail lately in the 30 year old oven. Could have been the cook? Maybe? Overall, this range has been in operation for two weeks, and we give it five stars, for both functionality, and appearance.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 13-Sep-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 07-Sep-2014 See details.