Kenmore 5.3 cu. ft. Self-Cleaning Electric Range - BlackItem# 02294179000 | Model# 94179
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||48.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375"W x 19.75"H x 19.125"D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.3|
|Color and Styling:|
|Safety Features:||Auto Oven Shutoff|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: radiant glass surface|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||3000|
|Main Oven Bake Element Wattage:||2600|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||40 amps|
|Total Connected Load:||12.5/9.5|
|General Warranty:||1 Year limited|
|Element Configuration:||2 - 6" 1200W; 1 - 12" 2700W; 1 - 9"/6" dual 2500W|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.3 cu. ft. Self-Cleaning Electric Range - Versatile
This Kenmore 5.3 cu. ft. electric range 9417 is a versatile solution for all your cooking needs. With multiple heating sources, you can be sure to direct heat where it 's most needed. From a 12 in. element for large stock pots to a 9/6 in. dual element that can be adjusted for sauce or sauté pans, the ceramic glass surface provides plenty of versatility. The oven features variable self-cleaning cycles, allowing you to schedule from 2- to 4-hour cycles for deep-cleaning power. The extra-large oven window and interior light make it easy to keep watch while perfecting your grandmother's casserole recipe.
- The dual element swaps from 6- to 9-inch sizes in seconds, giving pots and pans the fit they need for even heat and optimum cooking.
- Channeling radiant heat to pots, pans and skillets, the high performance Power Burner Element makes it easy to boil, brown and sear foods to perfection.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- The Self-cleaning function conveniently cleans the oven's interior using high temperatures to burn spills, soil and soot away without a bit of scrubbing.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
- Durable and sleek, the ceramic glass cooktop adds a modern look to the kitchen while cleaning spills easily, fending off scrapes and avoiding damage from dropped utensils.
- Indicator lights shine bright when elements are on, helping prevent burns and other accidents, while reminding you to turn them off when your food is done.
Added on July 04, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
North Berwick, ME
I'd like to think this was just a fluke and the clock just doesn't work but how can I use the setting involving the time? Also because the oven is all controlled by the electrical panel in the top what will go next. Guess I'll complain and see if I'll get a new one before it's too late...
I bought this range not even two weeks ago, Sears delivered it as my husband connected it, great stove and LED heating elements, great oven. I read the instructions as I already knew to use flat pans which I went right out and bought the set that has the bottom lines for this kind of range as I had a friend had one close to it but a different brand and she uses any pans what did she get...yes the LED burners will cause paint and/or burners to bubble up. USE ONLY flat required pans/skillets, I bought mine and only used the new ones and only cooked on the right bottom burner and left back burner now I have about two inches of bubble up paint on that burner. I contacted Sears today and they are sending someone out to take a look at it, there is no reason why the paint should have bubbled up and I've used other burners and they are fine. I have the correct cookware it has to be the manufacture things do happen as I know I did nothing wrong. Sears had told me there may be a service charge however it's the burner itself as I'm sure I'll not be charged. This is a great stove as I bought it to match my kitchen fridge, it cooks well stove and oven and bought it at a great price, the cookware I paid a lot for just four pans with lids but you get what you pay for. I don't want a return however I want it replaced. Great stove (Keep in mind use cookware that has a flat bottom and not cheap.) I just bought one in default of the manufacturing company. This range is like a smartphone, a great range! Otherwise I'd give it 10 stars!
Smiths Grove, KY
So far so good. The stove it working great. I like the fact it is smooth top and it is new!! I am excited to use the self-cleaning aspect of it but haven't needed to yet. the only complaint is since it is black I thought i would hide things better however it seems to stay dirty looking. Like with any type of grease stains orif you wipe to much it looks like it has a film on it. I do like the stove though! Thanks
Smooth top on this range is black glass, (no specks or pattern), is a challenge to keep clean. Smears and water spots show unless you wipe dry and buff with paper or other type of towel. Would have also been nice to have the dual element with the 12 inch eye, creating a 12 or 10 inch cooking surface instead of on the opposite side making it have three cooking options for small pans. Overall am happy with the way this range cooks, and is not a bad range considering the price.
San Antonio, TX
I've owned a ceramic top stove before. After moving into an older home, I had to upgrade the stove from coil burners to a ceramic cook top. When we bought stove I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it, but was willing to take a chance just to get rid of the coil burners. What a gem this stove is. First, the big burners are BIG. The cook surface of the large burners are larger than my biggest frying pan - not in a dangerous way; they heat the pan evenly and quickly, even my big pots heat up evenly and FAST. The second thing I love about this stove is the big oven window. Every oven I've owned, up till now, I felt like I was a Peeping Tom on my own biscuits. This nice, large oven window allows me to just quickly peer in to see how the baking is coming along. This stove was a such a nice surprise. It may not have all the bells and whistles like other stoves do, but for the amount of cooking I do (dinner everyday and three meals a day on the weekends) this oven has surpassed any expecation I had.
We have been satisfied wih the stove. We have not been satisfied with the installation process we have experienced with Sears. Sears did not independently install a piece of hardware called an anti-tip bracket. My husband and I had to call and schedule three additional installation dates because each subsequent time delivery men came to install the necessary hardware, they did not even have it on their truck! My husband basically had to threaten Sears with a law suit before they corrected their mistake. When the guys finally did come with the bracket, they broke one of my marble book ends during the installation process. Again, the stove is very good for the price, but Sears delivery is NOT worth it!!!!!!!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Mar-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified Appliances over $299 or Special Financing with Sears Card! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.