Kenmore 40 gal. Tall 6-Year Electric Water HeaterSears Exclusive. | Item# 04232646000 | Model# 32646
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Tank Capacity:||40 gal.|
|Tank Diameter (In.):||18|
|Tank Height (In.):||59.5|
|Tank Insulation Thickness:||2 in.|
|Altitude Rating (ft.):||N/A|
|Heavy Duty Anode Rod:||Yes|
|Number of Anode Rods:||1|
|Number of Heating Elements:||2|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Total Connected Load:||15.83/22.91|
|Parts Warranty:||6 year limited|
|Tank Warranty:||6 year limited|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Power and Performance:|
|First Hour Delivery (gal.):||49|
|Kilowatt Hrs. per Year:||4773|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||20 amps|
|Recovery at 90 Degree Rise (gph.):||25|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
Order by noon and get it installed TODAY! Call 1-800-549-7853.
The Kenmore 32646 40-gallon electric water heater has a glass-lined electric water heater to help prevent corrosion, Lineguard™ elements that resist lime buildup and foam insulation to prevent heat loss.
A 40-gallon electric water heater is the minimum recommended size for a 2- to 3-person household with typical water use.
- Energy-efficient foam insulation prevents heat loss
- The tank and parts have a 6-year limited warranty; labor has a 1-year warranty
- Cobalt Blue Ultra Coat™ glass-lined tank and anode rod protect the inside of the tank from corrosion
- Two Lineguard™ elements last longer and have superior resistance to line buildup; the lower handles typical demand, while the extra responds to heave demand
- RotoSwirl™ self-cleaning cold-water inlet tube swirls water to prolong tank life and maintain energy efficiency by discouraging lime buildup
- DualWatt™ lower element easily converts from 3800 watt to 5500 watt to accommodate different wiring
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Hollow Rock, TN
After looking at several stores I decided to go by Sears and see what they had available. I've used Kenmore products most of my life. The salesman was very helpful in find[ng the hot water heater I needed. Saved about $60 by going to Sears. Had the hot water heater loaded in my truck and headed home in less than 30 minutes.
Bel Air, MD
We were able to load it on my daughter's Explorer and take it to my house. The packaged water heater was easy to maneuver and my handyman, reading the instructions, found it easy to install. After installation it heated up the water in less than 20 minutes.
Bought and installed one of these for Mom last summer. It hasn't had any problems and it heats considerably faster than the old one. So, I bought one to replace my own. Only took half an hour to remove the old one and install the new one. It has only been operational for a couple of weeks, but I don't expect any problems.
I'm not sure if it was just me but the setup of this heater seemed strange. The emergency valve is in the front (my old one was in the back) and the drainage valve is near the side, so positioning was a bit of a problem. I was happy with the size, but would really have preferred the valves in different place.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off Water Heaters and Water Softeners or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.