Kenmore 40 gal. 6-Year Natural Gas Water Heater ENERGY STAR®Item# 04233702000 | Model# 33702
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Capacity and Flow:_UP|
|First Hour Delivery (gal.):||67|
|Recovery at 90 Degree Rise (gph.):||40.9|
|Tank Capacity:||40 gal.|
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Height to Vent Hood (In.):||64.25|
|Required Vent Size:||3 in. or 4 in.|
|Tank Diameter (In.):||20|
|Tank Height (In.):||58|
|Tank Insulation Thickness:||2 in.|
|Altitude Rating (ft.):||10100|
|Heat Trap Fittings:||Yes|
|Heavy Duty Anode Rod:||Yes|
|Low NOx Burner:||No|
|Number of Anode Rods:||1|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Tank Warranty:||6 year limited|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
|Power and Performance:|
|Fuel Type:||Natural gas|
|Gas Input (btu/hr):||40000|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
Order by noon and get it installed TODAY! Call 1-800-549-7853.
The ENERGY STAR qualified Kenmore 40-gallon 33702 natural gas water heater is equipped with an automatic flue damper designed to prevent hot gases to escape during standby periods, allowing the water stored to stay hotter longer. This Kenmore 40-gallon water heater is easy to install and includes a self-diagnostic electronic control system. It also includes the self-cleaning RotoSwirl cold water inlet tube and an anode rod, to reduce and protect against corrosion and mineral buildup.
A 40-gallon natural gas water heater is the minimum recommended size for a 2- to 4-person household with typical water use.
See what local rebates are available for this water heater.
California residents: If you live in an air quality management district that requires a low-emission water heater, click to see all water heaters that meet local requirements. Districts include Bay Area, Sacramento Metro, San Joaquin Valley, Santa Barbara, South Coast (most of LA county), Ventura County and Yolo-Solano. Click for a searchable ZIP code list. For help, call 1-800-549-7853.
- Complies with 0.67 energy factor (EF) ENERGY STAR requirements
- Electronic ignition eliminates the pilot light
- The intelligent electronic gas valve has a micro-processor improve performance and temperature control, and flashes a diagnostic code if it detects a problem with system components
- RotoSwirl™ inlet tube reduces sediment buildup, for improved efficiency
- Vapor sensor protects against the ignition of inflammable vapors that might be near the water heater
Added on March 09, 2011
Overall, others give this:
San Jose, CA
Water heater worked great for 2 years, just past the 1 year parts & labor warrant, of course. Had a pilot tube crack so it wouldn't light (both plumbers said this should never happen, naturally). My local plumber put a temporary fix in for $180 due to the weekend OT rate. To do exactly the same work during working hours, the parts-only Kenmore repair visit cost $176 to replace the $1 "free" part. The Kenmore plumber validated that 80% of all part replacements cost $176, with more for the others. Aside from a catastrophic failure of the tank, their parts warranty is basically worthless, because the only way to get the free part is to pay a ridiculous trip cost of $176. Better to pay the local plumber $100 + part cost. Since I realize all appliance manufacturers have such a ridiculous minimum visit cost, I only docked Kenmore 3 stars for a part that should never fail having failed.
the tank itself was good, however we were told we were buying a new water tank that was just sitting in warehouse, however we got the item home from sears and installed it, and when tearing up and throwing away the box there was the price sticker and on the reverse it was marked as being used, not new, not too happy with dishonesty at sears
Worked for a year, then quit . Service man replaced parts on 3 separate occasions over a 7 day period. Still has not worked. Service man indicated have similar problems on same water heater. Defective product.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off Water Heaters and Water Softeners or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.