Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer w/ Express Cycle - Metallic ENERGY STAR®Item# 02628103000 | Model# 28103
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
No one in its class performs better* and no one in its class cleans better.**
The Kenmore® 28103 washer is now bigger.*** It also features the high-performing Triple Action® impeller to provide a deep clean, 3-part wash motion while using less water. This triple action system includes a wash basket motion, an impeller action and a burst of concentrated detergent pumped through the wash plate.
The stainless Kenmore 2810 washing machine uses 63% less water and 73% less energy for over $175 per year in total savings.† It also makes it easier than ever to get whiter whites, thanks to the Timed Oxi™ dispenser. Just press a button, and your oxi additives are released into the wash at the right time to help boost cleaning power. Set-in stains are no match for the Soak cycle that helps eliminate tough stains from clothing. The PreWash option also lets you customize your wash to clean organic stains like berries, wine or extra-dirty loads.
- Cleans 20 towels at once††
- Speed Wash cycle is ideal when you need clean clothes in a hurry
- Stainless-steel wash basket is durable, and its smooth surface resists scratches and helps prevent fabrics from snagging
- StainBoost™ option provides an extended wash time to give you extra power to clean stubborn messes while taking gentle care of clothes
- Deep Wash cycle controls the washer’s water level, filling your washer with more water
- 2nd Rinse option effectively removes leftover detergent and bleach residue
- Clean Washer cycle can help eliminate odors and keep the interior of your washer clean
- Delicates cycle provides slow agitation for fabrics that need gentle care
- 1,100 RPM spin speed helps extract extra water from clothes and shortens the time clothes need to spend in the dryer
- Cycle status lights provide feedback so you know when your cleaning cycle is complete
*Among leading brand top load washers with washplate systems greater than 4.0 cu.ft. and less than 4.7 cu. ft .as measured by DOE standards, based on an analysis of 4 criteria: AHAM cleaning score for an 8 lb load, DOE EnergyGuide in kWh/yr, average cycle times for an AHAM 8lb Normal cycle cleaning test, and machine capacity of declared DOE capacity value; total matrix score based on utility score weighting.
**Among leading brand top load high efficiency washers with washplates greater than 4.0 cu. ft. and less than 4.7 cu. ft. as measured by DOE standards, based on an 8 lb load.
***As compared to Kenmore model 28002.
†Compared to a deep fill top load washer manufactured before 2004, using the normal cycle. Average use, 11 year life and 10 loads per week.
††100% cotton, RN# 15099 from Sears, each weighs 0.90 lbs new, and are 49" x 25" new.
Added on February 16, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Purchased the 700 series in Aug 2014. I was so excited to get this beautiful machine installed. However, it broke down after 2 wash loads. Read all the manuals and did everything right. Got an "LF" error. Did some troubleshooting that the Sears online advisor gave. Nothing worked. Scheduled the Sears repairman to come out and take a look at it. Bottom line, the control panel was shot and needed to be replaced. I was explaining this to a coworker and she said she has a Kenmore washer that is 3 years old and she has had the control panel repaired twice. NO THANK YOU! I am returning this washer and Sears has lost an appliance customer. I do not trust their products anymore. *I replaced the washer with a Samsung and couldn't be happier with it!
In the past 6 years we have spent nearly as much on maintenance as it cost for the original purchase price. Don't buy if you're looking for a maintenance free washer. Our maintenance man recommended LG.
Saint Joseph, MI
I'm not big on the whole high efficiency thing and this machine lets me opt out of it if I want. Lets face it, how often do you really use a cycle other than the Normal cycle? For me, it's almost never. I might use Delicate once in a blue moon, I may even use Express on this washer, but otherwise, I use Normal. This machine essentially has 2 Normal cycles: Normal and Deep Wash. Normal is the new high efficiency way of washing, it uses a lot less water than my old topload agitator machine which is green or whatever. I can try it if I want to. Then there's Deep Wash which makes the machine behave almost exactly like my old low efficiency agitator machine. This washer uses the same amount of water on Deep Wash I would have set on my old machine and gives BETTER performance thanks to the recirculating concentrated detergent spray thing it does at the beginning of the wash. The only downside is that it takes a little longer to complete the cycle. Not to worry though since it also holds a lot more laundry than my old machine and spins everything sooo much faster that my dryer takes less time even with a larger load!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Oct-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% OFF with Sears card OR 0% interest for 12 months on appliances priced $499 and over. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.
- $25 Off Select Home Appliance Purchase Over $399 when you select FREE Store Pickup W/Code PICKUP Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.