Kenmore 4.2 cu. ft. Gas Range w/ Broil & Serve™ Drawer - Stainless SteelItem# 02273433000 | Model# 73433
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||44.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||23" W x 17" H x 18.75" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||4.2|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Standard clean|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 Year Limited|
|Burner Configuration:||2 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 14,2000 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Broiler Location:||Separate broiler drawer|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||5|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
|Venting:||Top of oven door|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 4.2 cu. ft. Gas Range - Built For the Home Chef
The Kenmore gas range 73433 offers the best of all worlds with a powerful oven, broiler and versatile cooktop. With its five sealed burners, every technique from boiling to searing is simple. A large center burner is perfect for odd-shaped pans. The oven and Broil & Serve drawer make an easy time of cooking roasts, baking and browning. Extra-large oven windows, electronic controls and an LED display allow for superior temperature control. Every home chef deserves a Kenmore electric gas range.
- Designed to kick out serious heat, the Power Burner funnels 12,000 BTUs of flame power to your cooking surface, so steaks sear, eggs scramble and water boils quickly.
- Strategically placed in the center, the 10,000 BTU oval burner provides fast heating for larger pans, griddles and odd-sized cookware, making quick work of large meals.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Fitted with a quick-opening door and variable temperature settings, the Broil & Serve™ drawer melts cheese, caramelizes vegetables and crisps meat quickly to save you time.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Sturdy, stable and supportive, continuous range grates make transferring loaded pots and pans to different burners quick and easy, cutting down on spills and preventing accidents.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
Added on July 10, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My new range looks great with all of my other new stainless appliances but the burners can cause injury. When using one burner, the metal covering the entire top of the stove gets very hot. Having Tupperware close by or leaving any type of utilsel on the stove could cause a fire. When lighting the burners there is also a very large flame so stand back.
This range is very easy to clean, love the middle burner and the larger burner. That said, there is no space to put the spoon (maybe if it had a grill to cover the middle burner when not in use). But I am very pleased so far!!!
I absolutely LOVE my stove !!!!!!!!! its so easy to clean. its nicer than I had remembered; it makes cooking more enjoyable !!!! The oven is the BEST part it heats up fast and cools down fast!! Its just Beautiful !
I love the stove. Great price. I feel like I got a greater value with the sale price. Love the extra burner. The stainless steel is much easier t care for than I thought it would be. Looks great in my kitchen.
I am very dissatisfied with this product and do not recommend purchasing this gas range. This oven's unsafe features are the same for ALL Kenmore and Frigedaire gas ranges. I recommend going with a completely different company. 1.5 months ago I bought this gas range in stainless steel. I did lots of research before purchasing to ensure there were no issues both for short term and long term life of the range. The following 2 things are horrible qualities of the OVEN: 1) The oven's vent located just below the electric panel vents an unbelievable amount of heat out of the oven. Example, baking a pizza? Preheating time takes 15-20 mins to reach 400 deg. Then once at temperature, baking a pizza for only 17 mins makes the kitchen incredibly too hot to stand in - the entire kitchen. Another example: We used the oven for 2 dinner parties in August. Both times our home air conditioner could not keep up with the amount of heat pouring out of the oven vent. The kitchen was way too hot to stand in. For the 2nd dinner party, we pre-cooled the house to 72 deg F two hours before the dinner. After using the oven for the party, the internal house temperature raised to an unbelievable 86 deg F!! And YES my AC unit is big enough with a good CFM rating for the entire house. I had to use two shop floor fans to duct cold air into the living room for my guests which barely did the trick. First problem is that this gas range uses a rubber oven door gasket that does NOT go all the way around the oven door. It only covers 3 of the 4 sides of the oven door which lets out lots of heat when using the oven. No other gas ranges, except this model, uses this type of rubber gasket. All the other gas range models of GE, Samsung, Whirlpool, and even Kenmore use a steel braided gasket (including electric models). 2) If you have stainless steel the same oven duct that pours heat out makes the stainless steel around the controls too hot to touch. Placing your hand anywhere on that stainless steel panel above the burners for more than 1 second will burn you, literally! I raised this as a safety concern to the Sears service technician. The below issues are of the STOVE TOP: 1) The efficiency factor is lost because of the deep recessed burners. The large burner has to be set on HIGH for cooking to be quick. The idea of gas range is efficiency in cooking and quicker. That is not the case for this range model #73433. Because of the separation from the burner to the stove top grates, lots of heat energy is lost. 2) Because of the recessed burners, the surrounding metal area becomes too hot to touch. Our tapperware melted on the opposite side of the stove top because we had to use the "power burner" on HIGH. I swapped out my purchased unit with an identical model 1 month after purchasing the original. It did the same exact list of things, all of them. I returned this range for 100% refund. Hoping to purchase another brand that has none of the above issues.
When I bought this stove, they did not have one in the show room, so I did not get to see it before I purchased it. I probably would not have bought it if I had seen it first. And that leads me to my only complaint. This is actually a Black stove, with a thin stainless steel plate attached to the front, not a stove made of stainless steel. Still, for the price I paid, the stove itself is very good, not a single problem with it yet, and my wife loves it. So we are happy with it, but if you are extremely concerned with looks, you might want to buy a higher priced stove.
Silver Lake, NY
This is a very nice stove top. We love the 5th burner. The stove top is very easy to clean and the oven heats up super fast. I highly recommend. The only thing I wish the oven had was the self clean function, but I certainly can live with out it.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.