Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Depth (In.):||21.75 in.|
|Height (In.):||4.25 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||58|
|Minimum Clearance Above Cooktop (in.):||30 in.|
|Minimum Clearance Below Cooktop (in.):||8 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Front of Counter (in.):||2.5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Left Wall (in.):||5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Rear Wall (in.):||1.5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Right Wall (in.):||5 in.|
|Width (in.):||36 in.|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||None, fixed elements/burners|
|Cooktop Control Location:||Front|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Color Matching Controls:||Yes|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Bay Style:||Fixed Bays|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Gas or Electric:||Gas|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Burner Configuration:||14,200 BTU Power burner; Three 9,500 BTU all-purpose burners; 5,000 BTU simmer burner|
|Installable Over Oven:||Can install over oven|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 36" Sealed Gas Cooktop - Convenient, Powerful
This Kenmore 36" Gas Cooktop 3243 provides four top of the line sealed burners, including a 14,200 BTU Power Burner to heat water fast, and a simmer burner to maintain your food at a steady low heat. With its recessed design and subtle appearance, this cooktop can stay on any countertop and meld with any kitchen. The easy-to-clean grates are dishwasher safe and the rest of the cooktop is simple to wipe down. This cooktop uses an electronic ignition, so the lighting process is automatic. You'll know you're cooking with gas with this Kenmore sealed gas cooktop.
- Designed to kick out serious heat, the Power Burner funnels 14,200 BTUs of flame power to your cooking surface, so steaks sear, eggs scramble and water boils quickly.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Comfortable at home or in the RV, an LP gas convertible design means this range works with natural gas and liquid propane, so no matter where you're cooking, meals are done right.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, cast iron dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
Added on August 29, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this cooktop January 2013, and in august 2014 it started sparking and soon after the electronic ignition quit working . Since it was out of warranty I bought another one, now having trouble with this one. The power burner lets out a large flame when I turn it on and the control **** gets really hot . Knobs should not get so hot you cannot turn them off . I do not recommend this cook top .
The Cooktop works great. Also I got it for free. No issue works perfect
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product. The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
Gas stove to replace our old one that wouldn't light on its own anymore. Perfect stainless stove for the price! Works as advertised, no surprises. Easy to install and convert to LP.
My wife and I are extremely happy with our new Kenmore cooktop. It was installed easily by the contractor who put in our new Pental Quartz kitchen counters and glass backsplash. It looks great and works well especially the "power burner" which heats a teapot of water very quickly. Clean up is so easy. Our new kitchen looks great and the Kenmore cooktop is a big part of that. Delivery was super fast and came the next day after I placed the order.
This range looks like it should cost hundreds of dollars more! In fact, I showed it to a friend who I know just remodeled his kitchen, and he guessed it must have cost twice what I paid for it.
We had this stovetop installed two years ago and the functionality of the stovetop is excellent. We have had no issues with it's functions in any way, however, after two years of use the markings on the stovetop (indicating flame, on/off, etc) have worn away and are no longer visible on the stovetop. Fortunately I know how to use my stove but anyone else that may come over and need to use it will not know because of the missing marks. Poor design quality.
Los Angeles, CA
I have had the stove for less than 3 weeks. I took the grate off yesterday to wash in the sink and the 1 piece grate broke!!! yes it broke. I have never seen that before. I cook on this stove once a day for dinner and I have come to realize it was not a good decision. Also it's not easy to clean. There is always residue left (I have the black one). Save yourself the headcahe and dont buy this model.
After installation we had to have one burner replaced as it stopped lighting. The black surface shows everything and it does not come clean...baked on deposits do not come clean. Otherwise it works fine and I like the 5 burners.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.